Salary Cap: Pens Off Season Thread: Pre Free Agency Shenanigans!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Honestly all I want at this point is for Dubas to trade for Hanifin. I'm totally fine with the off-season if the only major changes are Smith and Hanifin in and Zucker and Petry out.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'd be comfy with Jarry at like 2x4.5. Moveable, still, with some room to upgrade DeSmith. He probably wants more like 3x5 though.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
We'll see what happens over the next few days but as long as Dubas doesn't torpedo the team the way Hextall and JR have for years, I suppose that's technically progress. Just really minimal, shitty, boring progress. :laugh:

Reactions: Lustaf

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
My hopes for tomorrow:

-One of Kerfoot or Rodrigues for the 3C spot
-Trade for Hanifin
-If they're going to bring back Jarry, send DeSmith out and bring in a different 1B like Andersen

Reactions: Darren McCord

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
My hopes for tomorrow:

-One of Kerfoot or Rodrigues for the 3C spot
-Trade for Hanifin
-If they're going to bring back Jarry, send DeSmith out and bring in a different 1B like Andersen

Your day tomorrow:

indiana-jones-face-melting.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I don't think either of these guys fills a need for the Penguins but Bear is an interesting name on the market.

Bear with Pettersson on the 2nd pair doesn't seem like too horrible of an idea, at least if Bear is still as good as he once was.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Wait… didn’t Dejan report that the plan was definitely to buy Granlund out? I can’t believe our media can get so much wrong lol
He walked that back a few days late, said the team's plans were shifting. That either means they intend to keep him, or there's a non buyout solution to shed that cap. Next 48 hours are gonna be wild.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
The pens really didn't need much improvement to be a playoff team

But i just think that if you run it back with 98% the same guys and 100% the same staff, that, it's not likely to even be as close as last year

Toooooo many coasting games

One reilly smith isn't gonna do it

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

On one hand, if he's not good enough for Vancouver with their shit ass defense, he's almost definitely not good enough. On the other hand, he does look pretty solid analytically and he fits Dubas wanting to get younger on defense. Going with Bear on a cheap short term deal to replace Petry is a downgrade, but I think you can argue that there is potential there plus you have more money to spend elsewhere.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Damn Janmark re-signs for 1x1. Seems odd for him to take so little. He could have gotten alot more on the FA market
I feel like this happens every year. He always seems better than what he gets paid. He can't even get a multi-year deal. This will be his 7th(!) 1 year contract in a row.

His agent must really suck or he has severe commitment issues.

Reactions: Malkinstheman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad