Salary Cap: Pens Off Season Thread: Pre Free Agency Shenanigans!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pittsburgh's gonna have some really nice options tomorrow. Just hope Kyle maximizes his cap flexibility and garners superb value.

I imagine If we are acquiring Hanifin at minimum one of POJ or Ty Smith is going back which saves us a million dollar cap.
Poj should go in such a deal. We'd have to add but again their cap situation sucks, so. lol

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Read this on ESPN and caught this blurb. Love how the Jets have higher standards than back to back champions

The fact the Jets were eliminated in the first and/or qualifying round for the third time in five seasons created more questions about what appeared to be a stagnant core. Those concerns intensified even more considering Wheeler along with Connor Hellebuyck, Nino Niederreiter and Mark Scheifele each had one year left on their contract.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Read this on ESPN and caught this blurb. Love how the Jets have higher standards than back to back champions

The fact the Jets were eliminated in the first and/or qualifying round for the third time in five seasons created more questions about what appeared to be a stagnant core. Those concerns intensified even more considering Wheeler along with Connor Hellebuyck, Nino Niederreiter and Mark Scheifele each had one year left on their contract.
YEAH They have been so much more successful

Reactions: BlankFrank416

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Yuck. He's Basically Conor Sheary. I'd want to get bigger.
But for all the pratfalls Sheary served us pretty damn well. If he can bring anywhere near the production that Sheary did for around 1.5, I would be ecstatic to sign Yamamoto for a couple of years and continue hunting for bottom six talent with size the remaining 13m that we’ve got.

For the size, I’d go get Comtois, who Anaheim are going to let walk.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like this happens every year. He always seems better than what he gets paid. He can't even get a multi-year deal. This will be his 7th(!) 1 year contract in a row.

His agent must really suck or he has severe commitment issues.
Finns are like those animals on remote islands that have no natural predators so they just walk right up to humans and get clubbed in the head.

Haha oops he's Swedish :)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'd be very interested in a Yamamoto or Jost if I was a bad team with top-6 openings like Arizona or Montreal.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Based on one tweet and one video, I've decided I will be outraged if we don't take a chance on Matthew Phillips tomorrow.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pretty much anyone they want. With all the UFA's and now these buyouts they have enough cap space to get a couple really nice pieces. Beyond that there are contenders hard up against the cap. He already got Reilly Smith for a 3rd, I can see another deal or two along those lines. Although I don't think we'll use draft picks necessarily.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Pretty much anyone they want. With all the UFA's and now these buyouts they have enough cap space to get a couple really nice pieces. Beyond that there are contenders hard up against the cap. He already got Reilly Smith for a 3rd, I can see another deal or two along those lines. Although I don't think we'll use draft picks necessarily.

So name some. You said there are all of these great options. Let's hear him, officer.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Gonna call Vinnie Hinostroza as a two-way depth add now. Will probably be wrong. But quick, scores, and probably overlooked due to not playing much recently (I think injuries?)
8 years- 3 with 60 or more games, 1 with 70 or more games. Hopefully there's a spot left in the infirmary.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
A 3C option I like after seeing he will not be qualified: Sam Steel.

10 goals and 28 points in 65 games last year. He was used in a bit more of an offensive bottom-6 role and had pretty good analytics, but was used in a defensive role in Anaheim in 2021-2022 and actually had decent defensive analytics. He's only 25 and shouldn't be too expensive to sign, so he'd likely be a lot cheaper than someone like Kerfoot.

He's not a perfect fit for the 3C spot, but I don't think he's any worse of a fit than ERod and he'd likely be a good bit cheaper than Kerfoot.

My boy Fischer not qualified.

I'd easily sign Fischer to push Carter to the pressbox and have the 4th line be O'Connor-Poehling-Fischer.

Reactions: Jacob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad