Salary Cap: Pens Off Season Thread: Pre Free Agency Shenanigans!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm going to be wildly upset with Dubas if they go into next year with Korpisalo-Kahkonen as their tandem.

Kahkonen has a bad contract, although I like him as a 1B, and Korpisalo has sucked in the NHL far more than he has been good. I would be extremely unhappy with that goalie tandem. It's objectively not better than Jarry-DeSmith.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm going to be wildly upset with Dubas if they go into next year with Korpisalo-Kahkonen as their tandem.

Kahkonen has a bad contract, although I like him as a 1B, and Korpisalo has sucked in the NHL far more than he has been good. I would be extremely unhappy with that goalie tandem. It's objectively not better than Jarry-DeSmith.

It'd also be a couple million lighter than what Jarry and Desmith are making.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
UFA'S I BELIEVE can talk to the different GM's now, so tomorrow is the soonest they can Sign. We probably already have two deals in place.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It'd also be a couple million lighter than what Jarry and Desmith are making.

Doesn't matter if it's cheaper if it's dogshit.

But let me roll that back a bit, my issue with that goalie tandem is 95% Korpisalo. If it was Andersen-Kahkonen, I'd be willing to wait and see with it. Andersen-Kahkonen seems similar to Andersen-Hill and I said I'd be good with Andersen-Hill, so I'll be patient with that goalie tandem if they go with it. It will cost like $5 million or so, which will give the Penguins some much needed cap space to play with the rest of the roster.

Any goalie duo that has Korpisalo as the main guy is an awful idea in my eyes.

Geekie didn't get qualified.

Holy shit I'm blowing up his phone tomorrow.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Doesn't matter if it's cheaper if it's dogshit.

But let me roll that back a bit, my issue with that goalie tandem is 95% Korpisalo. If it was Andersen-Kahkonen, I'd be willing to wait and see with it. Andersen-Kahkonen seems similar to Andersen-Hill and I said I'd be good with Andersen-Hill, so I'll be patient with that goalie tandem if they go with it. It will cost like $5 million or so, which will give the Penguins some much needed cap space to play with the rest of the roster.

Any goalie duo that has Korpisalo as the main guy is an awful idea in my eyes.

Well, no reason to worry about it. I doubt we go with a Korpisalo Kahkonen battery.

Holy shit I'm blowing up his phone tomorrow.

I'd just offer him 3.5 x 3 and hope he bites tbh.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Obvious statement but just because a guy isn't getting qualified doesn't mean he won't end up staying

Also I'm skeptical of Geekie's bad possession numbers and out of nowhere numbers blow up per sixty.

I'm also getting the feeling Dubas' goaltending strategy is just going to be double Samsonov it and see what happens.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012

Seravelli doubling down on Kappo and saying he's heard rumblings that we are going to clean house in net.

I think you need to get Wood before you can get Domi :)

Maybe ask your wife :P

Can you explain this further so I can decide if I want to like it or not or go Will Smith on your ass : )

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Obvious statement but just because a guy isn't getting qualified doesn't mean he won't end up staying

Also I'm skeptical of Geekie's bad possession numbers and out of nowhere numbers blow up per sixty.

I'm also getting the feeling Dubas' goaltending strategy is just going to be double Samsonov it and see what happens.

I don't think they keep Geekie.

Can you explain this further so I can decide if I want to like it or not or go Will Smith on your ass : )

No, because I don't want to get banned. :P

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Eh he had a -1.49% xGF%Rel last year and a -1.69% xGF%Rel the year before. I don't think those are "bad", I think anything from like -2% to 2% is pretty much neutral analytics.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Having some cap room now seems like it could pay off. I know we have some room

Yet

I keep coming back to this 5 million we have tied into Granny.

Reactions: farscape1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad