Salary Cap: Pens Off Season Thread: Pre Free Agency Shenanigans!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Honestly if the Penguins are going to be making a trade like Hanifin, I'd imagine that Granlund is included in that.

I think a Hanifin deal would probably be Granlund, POJ/Smith and a 2024 1st for Hanifin. I think that offer may be beat, but it's a legitimate offer IMO.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Honestly if the Penguins are going to be making a trade like Hanifin, I'd imagine that Granlund is included in that.

I think a Hanifin deal would probably be Granlund, POJ/Smith and a 2024 1st for Hanifin. I think that offer may be beat, but it's a legitimate offer IMO.

Maybe. I feel like the team is targeting Petry as their cap relief button, though.

I hope you're right.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Maybe. I feel like the team is targeting Petry as their cap relief button, though.

I hope you're right.

I think you're right but Petry would kill a trade to Calgary with his NTC. I don't believe Granlund has any sort of trade protection.

I could see both Granlund in the Hanifin deal plus Petry to somewhere like San Jose happening.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I think you're right but Petry would kill a trade to Calgary with his NTC. I don't believe Granlund has any sort of trade protection.

I could see both Granlund in the Hanifin deal plus Petry to somewhere like San Jose happening.
I’m just skeptical that Rossi is right. I mean no one has had anything on the Penguins. Even the national guys didn’t have any leaks about us talking with Vegas prior to the Smith deal.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I’m just skeptical that Rossi is right. I mean no one has had anything on the Penguins. Even the national guys didn’t have any leaks about us talking with Vegas prior to the Smith deal.

The reason I believe Rossi here is that Sullivan was pushing for Chychrun at the deadline and Hanifin is a very similar player. Sullivan said last night that he and Dubas were regularly working together, so I could absolutely see Sullivan saying "I think we need someone like Hanifin" based on him wanting Chychrun at the deadline.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I believe Rossi about us talking about Hanifin because I believe anyone who has us talking about Hanifin. Team with gaping hole in top 4 LD talking to team who probably has the best LD on the market, certainly under the age of 30? So very unlikely! :sarcasm:

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
The reason I believe Rossi here is that Sullivan was pushing for Chychrun at the deadline and Hanifin is a very similar player. Sullivan said last night that he and Dubas were regularly working together, so I could absolutely see Sullivan saying "I think we need someone like Hanifin" based on him wanting Chychrun at the deadline.

That’s a fair point. I wonder what a Markstrom/Hanifin package would look like, or if the Penguins could even make that fit cap wise

Reactions: Empoleon8771

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Granlund wasn't going to be bought out IMHO. Dubas in his presser basically said he'd rather make a hockey trade than a buyout. Worst case, Granlund is your 3RW/C and you look to trade later.

I imagine any deal for Hanifin will include him and honestly, if Calgary is looking to trade Backlund and Lindholm, taking Granlund back isn't the worst idea.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Dennis Bernstein
@DennisTFP
·
4m
Some LAK intel:

With PLD deal behind them, turning focus to acquiring a 2nd goaltender with NHL experience.

Don't expect big ticket move by GM Rob Blake - looking at $1-1.5M price tag to pair with Pheonix Copley.

A couple of names will surface by the time we leave Nashville.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Do you think they would send Pettersson to Calgary for Hanifin? That would give them a young, long term LD with 1st pairing capability.

Hanifin-Letang
Soucy-Petry
POJ-Rutta
Smith

Something like that? Or if they can jettison Petry too, run something like Soucy-Mayfield for the 2nd pairing.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Dennis Bernstein
@DennisTFP
·
4m
Some LAK intel:

With PLD deal behind them, turning focus to acquiring a 2nd goaltender with NHL experience.

Don't expect big ticket move by GM Rob Blake - looking at $1-1.5M price tag to pair with Pheonix Copley.

DeSmith for Arvidsson. Get it done Dubas!

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Dennis Bernstein
@DennisTFP
·
4m
Some LAK intel:

POJ+CDS for Grundstrom+our 3rd back

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Just buy him out. Save the picks.

Granlund is easily moveable, all the HF Penguins experts told me so...

I'm mean he's 60+ points on the 2nd line guaranteed...

Everyone wants a 2y/5m dude who plays soft as tissue, can't win a puck battle, doesn't shoot well, but when the conditions are perfect- he can really pass. :popcorn:

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
Granlund wasn't going to be bought out IMHO. Dubas in his presser basically said he'd rather make a hockey trade than a buyout. Worst case, Granlund is your 3RW/C and you look to trade later.

I imagine any deal for Hanifin will include him and honestly, if Calgary is looking to trade Backlund and Lindholm, taking Granlund back isn't the worst idea.
No keeping him is stupid when u could buy him out an use that money for other needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad