Salary Cap: Pens Off Season Thread: Pre Free Agency Shenanigans!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Do you think they would send Pettersson to Calgary for Hanifin? That would give them a young, long term LD with 1st pairing capability.

Hanifin-Letang
Soucy-Petry
POJ-Rutta
Smith

Something like that? Or if they can jettison Petry too, run something like Soucy-Mayfield for the 2nd pairing.

Was weighing that idea in my head. I think if you really want Hanifin you put him in the deal. Feels very robbing Paul to pay Peter though. Like why are you paying more to get a more expensive guy who had a worse 5v5 season statistically?

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Do you think they would send Pettersson to Calgary for Hanifin? That would give them a young, long term LD with 1st pairing capability.

Hanifin-Letang
Soucy-Petry
POJ-Rutta
Smith

Something like that? Or if they can jettison Petry too, run something like Soucy-Mayfield for the 2nd pairing.
I kind of fear regression from Petts after a career year. Not fully opposed to deal him while his value has peaked.

Ah good to know, that makes sense. So they have until tomorrow then to put him on waivers.
2PM Pacific

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Blackhawks Get Corey Perry
The Hawks trying for the fastest rebuld ever?
Source: Eklund
Is Dwayne even cogent ?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Chicago has a gluttony of cap space and need to get the floor. They just got Bedard and have zero expectations of competing. This is just fun shit for them. I bet the 7th for Perry was made while laughing and giggling to each other.

Half of the front office probably has a maniacal armchair GM team save on CapFriendly as we speak.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I noticed this too, someone else was holding a phone for Dubas when Dubas was making the pick and handed it back to him after the pick. They showed it on the stream.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Was weighing that idea in my head. I think if you really want Hanifin you put him in the deal. Feels very robbing Paul to pay Peter though. Like why are you paying more to get a more expensive guy who had a worse 5v5 season statistically?

I think the critical component though with including Petts is that he gets some trade protection after July 1

So instead of having 3 Dmen (Letang/Petts/Petry) with protection, you have only 2

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I noticed this too, someone else was holding a phone for Dubas when Dubas was making the pick and handed it back to him after the pick. They showed it on the stream.

So, where in relation to my butt should my hands be?

Side? Lower back? Knees?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Your hands should be covering your face while Special K finishes the job of Rutherlessly Hexing this once proud franchise.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Really sucks that we traded Marino looking at our old ass RD. What a brutal trade, great value at 4.2 aswell.

Now we gotta give up assets and more cap for a Dman like Marino.

Reactions: Andy99

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I could see Smith on Sid’s RW and Rakell on Geno’s LW.
With the preference for handedness alignment, I doubt it unless it's a short term shakeup.

LW: Guentzel, Smith, DOC
RW: Rakell, Rust, Granlund
(Assuming no further moves are made)
We have a glaring hole at 3C as usual, unless they go with DOC or Granlund there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad