Salary Cap: Pens Off Season Thread: Pre Free Agency Shenanigans!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah I caught that too. He definitely is working the phones it seems
I mean all GMs that are looking to make moves are/should be working the phones this is the time.

We still have spots to fill and apparently players we would like to move on from. It's going to still be an interesting free agency.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Rossi isn't much better than Eklund, so I wouldn't trust that. Would be nice though.
Weird that a long time Pens reporter would have basically no inside information at all? Why would he make it up?

Smoke = fire. Definitely see Dubas at least engaging with Calgary.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
But also, for Rossi. They don't hate his guts yet.
Lol, indeed. Now, in Rossi's defense - he's probably right. They probably ARE having discussions but that doesn't mean a trade is imminent.

That's the trouble with evaluating "credibility" relative to how many reported "rumors" actually come to fruition. GMs do a lot of talking and not every talk turns into something. So while the rumor could be accurate, we often judge based on the end result which is inherently flawed.

It makes A TON of sense for us to be talking to Calgary about Hanifin. A ton of sense.

Reactions: Peat

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
They'll get it done right after they wrap up the Yandle trade that Rossi reported was happening at the 2012 draft.

These things take time.

Especially if you make them up.

It's a hard choice... man... they are deciding between Granlund or Carter.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Weird that a long time Pens reporter would have basically no inside information at all? Why would he make it up?

Smoke = fire. Definitely see Dubas at least engaging with Calgary.
For the same reason Eklund does….$$$
This is just a guy using a little logic that a guy would be a fit, so let’s say the Pens are in on it. If it happens, I look like a hero, if it doesn’t, i say they swung and missed. As long as people keep reading and spreading the rumor, I keep getting paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad