Rumor: Pens and Canucks talking trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I'm talking about it being asinine to say that it would cost Kapanen, a 1st, 2nd and prospect for Miller.
Fewer Canucks fans have suggested that type of return than Pens fans have suggested Zucker for Miller or Boeser. The Canucks return is probably the more realistic of the 2.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Marino is hardly a fan favorite. Most of us actually a bit wary of his contract.

It's simply a matter of looking down the depth chart and realizing Letang is currently without a contract for next season.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There is not 1 Canucks fan who would take Miller for Kapanen a 1st and 2nd.
Kapanen is basically redundant in Vancouver.
A late 1st is basically nothing in the situation vancouver is in now (Be a consistent playoff team in 2 years), alongside a 2nd.

Canucks get drastically worse, and barely improve the future.
Awful trade

Your GM literally paid a 1st and Hallander for Kapanen a year ago.

What you think of him is irrelevant because we know what the guy in charge thinks of him. Why would any team pay that for Miller when they could have gotten Jack Eichel for less than that?

You're absolutely delusional if you think Miller can somehow bring back more than that. There hasn't been a single player that has been traded for that valuable of a package in years.

It's minimum Kapanen+1st and there would be ten similar offers from other teams.
What does Pitt add to push above another team?

Okay, what 10 teams are going to offer a 50-60 point top-6 winger and a 1st round pick for Miller? Who are these teams?

I can see him ultimately bringing back that caliber of value, but you're grossly mistaken that a lot of teams can easily make that kind of offer.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Obviously value different from team to team. Kap, a first and whatever prospect Canucks want is fair. Much beyond that is getting a wee bit overboard on Miller's value... and I'm a fan.

Kapanen is struggling a bit this year compared to last but he's being dumped on a bit, here.

I also get that this isn't the KIND of deal Vancouver is looking for and that's fine. Which is why they don't make good dance partners.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Your GM literally paid a 1st and Hallander for Kapanen a year ago.

What you think of him is irrelevant because we know what the guy in charge thinks of him. Why would any team pay that for Miller when they could have gotten Jack Eichel for less than that?

You're absolutely delusional if you think Miller can somehow bring back more than that. There hasn't been a single player that has been traded for that valuable of a package in years.

Okay, what 10 teams are going to offer a 50-60 point top-6 winger and a 1st round pick for Miller? Who are these teams?

Because Eichel was crippled, And nobody has a clue how he is going to play after his injury.
Kapanen has 15 points in 27 games, Is worse defensively, offensively, Can only play 1 position, and a 1st is worth that upgrade to make up for it?, In what reality

I am sorry, With all due respect, you are absolutely ridiculous

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Knowing Rutherford, he’ll overpay. The only time his freewheeling worked was in 2016.
I’ll give him some credit for 2017, too, as Hainsey and the corpse of Streit looked like like bandaids on the gaping wound of losing Letang, but they were just perfect. Same era, of course.

but since then, yeah, he was bad. Getting players his coach wouldn’t play, overpaying for “his” guy, shakeup trades that he regretted a short time later. Only one I give him credit for was salvaging the disaster of Brassard by getting in McCann. Who I still think we should’ve kept, but that’s water under the bridge.

Last edited:
Reactions: BHD

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Because Eichel was crippled, And nobody has a clue how he is going to play after his injury.

JT Miller dreams he could be as good as Jack Eichel.

Kapanen has 15 points in 27 games, Is worse defensively, offensively, Can only play 1 position, and a 1st is worth that upgrade to make up for it?, In what reality

I am sorry, With all due respect, you are absolutely ridiculous

And last year, he had 30 points in 40 games. Does Boeser have minimal value now too because he's only at 14 points in 26 games?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Obviously value different from team to team. Kap, a first and whatever prospect Canucks want is fair. Much beyond that is getting a wee bit overboard on Miller's value... and I'm a fan.

Kapanen is struggling a bit this year compared to last but he's being dumped on a bit, here.

I also get that this isn't the KIND of deal Vancouver is looking for and that's fine. Which is why they don't make good dance partners.

Honestly the biggest issue I have is that the same people who are trying to talk down Kapanen's value also insist that Boeser is still insanely valuable, despite the two having virtually identical stat lines this year.

At worst, Kapanen is a 45-50 point top-6 winger who brings a ton of speed. At best, he clicks with a star player and can elevate into a 50-60 point top-6 winger.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
JT Miller dreams he could be as good as Jack Eichel.

And last year, he had 30 points in 40 games. Does Boeser have minimal value now too because he's only at 14 points in 26 games?

He absolutely does, Which is why Boeser has been brought up a ton about being traded.
Not to mention, Brock Boeser's best attribute is hit shot, Guy is a pure Sniper.
If that's not working, He struggles.
Not to mention I don't think you would find 1 person here, even with all that information that thinks Kapenen is a better player then Boeser, even in a struggling year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He absolutely does, Which is why Boeser has been brought up a ton about being traded.
And boeser's best attribute is hit shot, Guy is a pure Sniper.
Not to mention I don't think you would find 1 person here, even with all that information that thinks Kapenen is a better player then Boeser, even in a struggling year.

It's because Boeser is comically overrated on this webstie. Boeser and Kapanen have virtually identical ES stat lines over the last 4 years.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Honestly the biggest issue I have is that the same people who are trying to talk down Kapanen's value also insist that Boeser is still insanely valuable, despite the two having virtually identical stat lines this year.

I guess Miller gets a ton of Ozone starts and Boeser doesn't but then that kind of also calls a bit into question how much Miller's numbers are pumped.

But yeah I agree. I think situations at least similar. Sullivan tends to demote Kap and only Kap, too.

Kapanen is absolutely not chopped liver and still has some headroom in his development if handled correctly is my point, I suppose. JR also a big fan... no doubt about that.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
It's because Boeser is comically overrated on this webstie. Boeser and Kapanen have virtually identical ES stat lines over the last 4 years.
I am Legit starting to think you are Kasperi Kapanen.

And just like you think that Brock Boeser is incredibly Overrated,
You are Incredibly underrating JT MIller in the same context.

Reactions: Szechwan

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019

At worst, Kapanen is a 45-50 point top-6 winger who brings a ton of speed. At best, he clicks with a star player and can elevate into a 50-60 point top-6 winger.
"This year" is significant context. We're less than 30 games into the season. If you were to ask every GM around the league who they would rather have how many do you think would say Kapanen?

Reactions: Canucks LB

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
"This year" is significant context. We're less than 30 games into the season. If you were to ask every GM around the league who they would rather have how many do you think would say Kapanen?

Look at their career numbers. Boeser gets more powerplay production because he gets minutes that Kapanen doesn't get. That is the sole reason Boeser has more points.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site

Kapanen is a decent player. I don’t think anyone is trying to down play that. Heck I wouldn’t be opposed to him on the Canucks. However, I’d much prefer Boeser over him. He’s had a slow start to the season but seems to be turning things around. No shade though just a preference. As well, kapanen doesn’t solve our need for top 4 RHD either.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
From 2018-2019 to 2020-2021:

Kapanen: 33 goals and 86 points at 5v5 in 187 games, 2.10 5v5 points/60 overall
Boeser: 37 goals and 87 points at 5v5 in 182 games, 2.03 5v5 points/60 overall

It's fine to say Boeser is better because he does produce more (due to extra powerplay minutes), but to act like Kapanen is somehow nothing special while Boeser is this amazingly valuable asset is just hilarious homerism.

Kapanen is a decent player. I don’t think anyone is trying to down play that. Heck I wouldn’t be opposed to him on the Canucks. However, I’d much prefer Boeser over him. He’s had a slow start to the season but seems to be turning things around. No shade though just a preference. As well, kapanen doesn’t solve our need for top 4 RHD either.

Yeah I think that's totally fine, I'm just irritated to see Canucks fans talking down Kapanen as if he stinks. He's firmly a top-6 forward.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I have to laugh at some Pens fans just shitting all over Rutherford...last I checked he was the GM of your team that helped assemble 2 Stanley Cup winning teams back to back!!!

Any Canuck fan would tell you they would trade ANYTHING for the Canucks to win ONE Stanley Cup...cause we have won 0!!

The whining is just that...whining about a guy who brought 2 Cups to your city, sure he had some great pieces on the team but prior to him arriving how many Cups did you win with that group...1, last i checked 2 is better than 1 no!?

I hear you, good post. Not all of us are this miserable. But Maybe for some it's has to be years down the line to see the good. Everyone is different.

Reactions: Canuck86

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He gets those powerplay minutes for a reason.

And Kapanen didn't because he has played on a team with guys like Marner, Matthews, Nylander, Crosby, Malkin and Letang. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

I do give Boeser credit for being an elite powerplay player. However, that's effectively the entire difference between their production.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
From 2018-2019 to 2020-2021:

Kapanen: 33 goals and 86 points at 5v5 in 187 games, 2.10 5v5 points/60 overall
Boeser: 37 goals and 87 points at 5v5 in 182 games, 2.03 5v5 points/60 overall

It's fine to say Boeser is better because he does produce more (due to extra powerplay minutes), but to act like Kapanen is somehow nothing special while Boeser is this amazingly valuable asset is just hilarious homerism.

Yeah I think that's totally fine, I'm just irritated to see Canucks fans talking down Kapanen as if he stinks. He's firmly a top-6 forward.
Show me the bolded. I didn't read that anywhere.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
And Kapanen didn't because he has played on a team with guys like Marner, Matthews, Nylander, Crosby, Malkin and Letang. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

I do give Boeser credit for being an elite powerplay player. However, that's effectively the entire difference between their production.
So did Kapanen never even get PP2 time?

Nov 1, 2011
Miller for PIT's next two firsts...

Simple and doesn't take anything off the Pens roster for their run.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Thank you, a Logical Pens fan.
I think if it was Marino + 1st + 2nd, That's a much more realistic proposal, and fits team needs much more.
But based on what pens fans are saying, Marino is a bit of a fan favorite, Doubt that happens.

Yah, wouldn't even trade Marino straight up for Miller. Has a good contract, too valuable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad