Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Jake got 9x8 on a state with no tax.

We couldn't compete. He got everything he wanted.

He helped us win a cup gave us some good years. He's going to have a few more 40+ goal seasons beside Kucherov powerplay.

I saw someone talk that Stamkos was the most important part. Wrong.
Guentzel may not score as many as Stamkos but Kucherov controls that puck and dishes it out enough that between him and Point they should still score a ton.
That contract will eventually end up being laughably terrible; ,much sooner than anyone thinks.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Where he scores goals, his body will fail him and that contract.
Maybe. He's such a smart player I think if his body started giving him issues he'd find a way to adapt. Like how Crosby stopped going into the corners as hard after dealing with concussions and high ankle sprains early in his career. Now Sid picks his spots better and he's still been highly effective for years obviously.

Some guys never adapt their game like that though. Forsberg never learned to stop abusing his body.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Jake's built like a teenage soccer player, but he's smart as hell in the offensive zone. He'll produce for another 5 years or so, imo. Especially because he went from being with Sid or Geno 100% of the time, to being with Kuch and/or Point 100% of the time. Dude's got it made. :laugh:

Reactions: Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Jake's built like a teenage soccer player, but he's smart as hell in the offensive zone. He'll produce for another 5 years or so, imo. Especially because he went from being with Sid or Geno 100% of the time, to being with Kuch and/or Point 100% of the time. Dude's got it made. :laugh:
Yeah he doesn't have to skate hard or dominate the corners just do his Jake thing and get open and Kucherov will feather him endless saucers right onto his tape and Jake knows better than anybody how to finish those plays and get open for them.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Yeah he doesn't have to skate hard or dominate the corners just do his Jake thing and get open and Kucherov will feather him endless saucers right onto his tape and Jake knows better than anybody how to finish those plays and get open for them.
Are they running Jake, Kuch and Point as a line? That has some crazy potential, but teams are going to feast on that line physically. I bet the first tiem they play Boston or Florida, the top line doesn’t make it through the game.
Edit: Just to add…all 3 of those guys are little dicks. Super cocky. Guys are going to hunt them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad