Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Jake got 9x8 on a state with no tax.

We couldn't compete. He got everything he wanted.

He helped us win a cup gave us some good years. He's going to have a few more 40+ goal seasons beside Kucherov powerplay.

I saw someone talk that Stamkos was the most important part. Wrong.
Guentzel may not score as many as Stamkos but Kucherov controls that puck and dishes it out enough that between him and Point they should still score a ton.
That contract will eventually end up being laughably terrible; ,much sooner than anyone thinks.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Where he scores goals, his body will fail him and that contract.
Maybe. He's such a smart player I think if his body started giving him issues he'd find a way to adapt. Like how Crosby stopped going into the corners as hard after dealing with concussions and high ankle sprains early in his career. Now Sid picks his spots better and he's still been highly effective for years obviously.

Some guys never adapt their game like that though. Forsberg never learned to stop abusing his body.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Jake's built like a teenage soccer player, but he's smart as hell in the offensive zone. He'll produce for another 5 years or so, imo. Especially because he went from being with Sid or Geno 100% of the time, to being with Kuch and/or Point 100% of the time. Dude's got it made. :laugh:
Yeah he doesn't have to skate hard or dominate the corners just do his Jake thing and get open and Kucherov will feather him endless saucers right onto his tape and Jake knows better than anybody how to finish those plays and get open for them.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Yeah he doesn't have to skate hard or dominate the corners just do his Jake thing and get open and Kucherov will feather him endless saucers right onto his tape and Jake knows better than anybody how to finish those plays and get open for them.
Are they running Jake, Kuch and Point as a line? That has some crazy potential, but teams are going to feast on that line physically. I bet the first tiem they play Boston or Florida, the top line doesn’t make it through the game.
Edit: Just to add…all 3 of those guys are little dicks. Super cocky. Guys are going to hunt them.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Maybe. He's such a smart player I think if his body started giving him issues he'd find a way to adapt. Like how Crosby stopped going into the corners as hard after dealing with concussions and high ankle sprains early in his career. Now Sid picks his spots better and he's still been highly effective for years obviously.

Some guys never adapt their game like that though. Forsberg never learned to stop abusing his body.
download.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I do wonder if Tampa's PP will be as effective with Jake instead of Stammer though.

Jake is a much better 5v5 player at this point though.
Yeah that's going to be the interesting bit.

The one thing Stamkos has going for him is that lethal one timer on the opposite dot from Kucherov. So they can pass the puck around and open up one-timers for either side. Now, not sure who is playing Stamkos' spot. Point? He doesn't have Stamkos' one timer.

It'll still be dangerous, but I wonder if they're going to miss that one element Stamkos brought to that left circle.

Reactions: Pancakes

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah that's going to be the interesting bit.

The one thing Stamkos has going for him is that lethal one timer on the opposite dot from Kucherov. So they can pass the puck around and open up one-timers for either side. Now, not sure who is playing Stamkos' spot. Point? He doesn't have Stamkos' one timer.

It'll still be dangerous, but I wonder if they're going to miss that one element Stamkos brought to that left circle.

I think I heard they are using Atkinson there. Jake is taking the netfront spot from Nick Paul.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
That's still a big downgrade from Stamkos' bomb.
Slapshots are being used less and less to score in the modern day NHL. Of course he still scored 40 last year. OV and Stamkos are like the only players still using it effectively. Games gotten too fast.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Anyone else worried Dubas might try to sign Marner? Dubas has always been in love with him. Marner’s been skating with Crosby in the offseason. If Dubas gives that soft, playoff no-show 11+ million x 8 that will be a disaster.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Marner knows the Leafs with Mathews and Nylander is where he is best positioned. Pens are not all in as much now and know the Malkins, Letang and Sid while still very good have a limited time now. 5 years ago I jump at Marner. But not now. We can see Dubas is moving to prospects more and more to replenish the farm and provide competition and youth for jobs, Sid extended 2 years and to me that was the OK 3 years is more than enough to refigure the mix to compete. I actually think Dubas will move older vets and get more picks/prospects. I can see Eller for a pick. Dubas is adding scouts and development people knowing the rebuild with picks like Brunicke, Rutger M, Ponomarev, Pickering, Issac B, and others added to Glass, DOC, ST Ivany, gives the Pens the 26 age and younger to make up the majority of the roster. Jack is savvy and will be fine, but that shoulder will not hold up and he did make a net front presence more to his game before. Now he will still go there but on a very limited basis.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Anyone else worried Dubas might try to sign Marner? Dubas has always been in love with him. Marner’s been skating with Crosby in the offseason. If Dubas gives that soft, playoff no-show 11+ million x 8 that will be a disaster.
I doubt Marner would even come here in a year to play with a 38 year old Sid or 39 year old Geno

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad