Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I mean then we just shouldn't move him. There is no desperate need to move Jarry.

Exactly. If all you can get is a shit return for Jarry, you keep him and hope he can have a great year like 2019-2020 or 2021-2022.

If he puts up a .915 save% next year, he'll bring back great value next off-season. If he sucks next year, then you look at dumping him next off-season.

Reactions: Darren McCord

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Saros might be traded too, rumours they don’t want to re-sign him at the price he’ll want. Preds don’t need a goalie in return though.
Good catch. But obviously if Nashville makes a trade, that could impact how another team reacts. If a team gets Saros, their divisional opponents may get more aggressive if they also need goaltending.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Hey, are you writing dubas' July 1st speech already?!
This comment 😜

1719286515457.jpeg

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
Watching Paul Maurice throwing e-rod out there in the closing minutes of game 7 when up a goal knowing the Sullivan specially is the reason the penguins cut him loose.

Also, who all wants Zucker back? At 4 mil a year? For multiple years? Why? Jesus there's plenty of better options for that money. Zucker had a hard time sticking in the top six on the freaking coyotes last year and people want to not only bring him in, but over pay him, and bump doc down to the third line. With doc being younger, cheaper, faster, with similar production.

Don't get me wrong the one year we got healthy Zucker I loved the guy, but that production seems like an outlier.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Watching Paul Maurice throwing e-rod out there in the closing minutes of game 7 when up a goal knowing the Sullivan specially is the reason the penguins cut him loose.

Also, who all wants Zucker back? At 4 mil a year? For multiple years? Why? Jesus there's plenty of better options for that money. Zucker had a hard time sticking in the top six on the freaking coyotes last year and people want to not only bring him in, but over pay him, and bump doc down to the third line. With doc being younger, cheaper, faster, with similar production.

Don't get me wrong the one year we got healthy Zucker I loved the guy, but that production seems like an outlier.
I don't think there's absolutely anything out there that wasn't made up on this board that suggests Sullivan is the guy who insisted on dumping ERod. In fact, Sullivan was infamous here for wanting him back when people didn't care about him, saying "he's gonna score goals."

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I don't think there's absolutely anything out there that wasn't made up on this board that suggests Sullivan is the guy who insisted on dumping ERod. In fact, Sullivan was infamous here for wanting him back when people didn't care about him, saying "he's gonna score goals."

From memory it was a cap issue that we couldn’t get him back.

Reactions: Sidgeni Malkby

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

local Penguins reporter Hunter Hodies is the one who said it was told to him by a source close to that team.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
local Penguins reporter Hunter Hodies is the one who said it was told to him by a source close to that team.
I dunno man, having a hard time believing that. Definitely not taking that as gospel. He’s the only guy who scored that game.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
They cut Erod loose for 2 reasons:
1) His 2nd half after Malkin returned was very concerning for his long term performance in that same role.
2) He was demanding too much AAV and term at the time the Pens were open for business. By the time Erod became more flexible in August, the Pens had already committed to others.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
They cut Erod loose for 2 reasons:
1) His 2nd half after Malkin returned was very concerning for his long term performance in that same role.
2) He was demanding too much AAV and term at the time the Pens were open for business. By the time Erod became more flexible in August, the Pens had already committed to others.
Yep. ERod wanted a multi-year contract, and held out for a while in the hopes of getting it. He ended up signing for the Avalanche for just the one year. The contract he got from Florida this past offseason was the one he was hoping for a year earlier.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
In retrospect we should have not committed to others.

I'm not saying Erod was super great or anything, but just that he's the kind of complimentary player this team says it wants and succeeds with and we acquired players like Smith and had two extra years of awful Jeff Carter.

f*** Jeff Carter, by the way.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Joshua is not a bargain bin option. He might have been before the playoffs, but not now.

Plus, Toronto is involved so the price automatically goes up.

Goalie trades are always wonky I feel like. Never know what you’re going to get in return.

Full NMC with him only wanting to go to a few locations and 1 year left. I can see why the return is so low

Korpisalo is awful. If Boston is so confident they can rebuild struggling goalies they could sign basically any UFA for less money and term than Korpisalo.

Rare Senators W unless they sign Ullmark to something stupid like 7x7.

One thing is I wouldn't be shocked if they have not had preliminary discussions on the future contract for Ullmark and its mostly set and will be signed this summer.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Around the 59 minute mark, some Jarry talk starts. Elliotte says "there's something going on out there" re: Jarry and that he's told he's available.

Jarry has been available since he was signed basically. Dubas essentially told him to go figure out the deal he could get and then he came crawling back when he couldn't find anything. Same with Dubas.

At least we likely know if he's moved within the next 6-7 days.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad