Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sullivan, Mike - Head-coach: "Sullivan Makes Happen"><"Shake My Head"

Side_Eyeing_Chloe.jpg

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Seravalli saying no one wants Gibson, in a vacuum, does make sense. I still maintain that the discussion between Detroit and Anaheim likely included Fowler as well. Gibson being a secondary piece of the trade. Fowler+Gibson for Husso+Berggren+pick makes sense for both sides honestly. It just maybe comes down to how much Anaheim did or did not want to retain.

It would be really interesting to hear what kind of discussions Dubas is having. I'm very curious to see how they value him.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
This is also what I remind my mom when she asks me why I'm still single.

• Haha
Reactions: GilbertSeinfeld

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Seravalli saying no one wants Gibson, in a vacuum, does make sense. I still maintain that the discussion between Detroit and Anaheim likely included Fowler as well. Gibson being a secondary piece of the trade. Fowler+Gibson for Husso+Berggren+pick makes sense for both sides honestly. It just maybe comes down to how much Anaheim did or did not want to retain.

It would be really interesting to hear what kind of discussions Dubas is having. I'm very curious to see how they value him.
No one wants Gibson and no one wants Merzlikins.

Trade them for each other, or set them up on a blind date.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
If any Pens trades happen, it wont be until after FA imo. Teams will want to see if they can get a forward/goalie for free before trading for the likes of Smith/Eller/Jarry.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Gibson is signed for 3 more years at $6.4 million, so he's not a "short term contract"
That's still probably within the allotted pretending window though. And I'd imagine the Ducks would retain anyway.

Plus his value as an anchor and asset generator may outweigh that extra year.

For example if we're in like 13th in the East at the deadline because of goaltending, Petts gets traded instead of re-signed to a long term, fat deal that we absolutely don't need. If Bunting has a good year we get something nice for him too. There may be other guys who look juicy at that time.

From this perspective the Quinn hire was brilliant. It can save us from being in purgatory, and allow us to focus on what's most important (the future).

Reactions: Gurglesons

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
No wonder Jake left. He's gonna get close to $10M AAV long-term and he's gonna have an infinitely better shot at another Cup in Carolina or Vancouver than with this team. :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Guentzel has been underpaid his entire career, the extra money from Carolina being able to offer an 8th year is likely worth more than playing on a "better" team on a 7 year deal. Even if we want to pretend the Canucks are "better" than the Canes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad