Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Buffalo has a chance at being better than the Pens this year so why not
Yep…Pens are bottom 10 team now…Buffalo is a hair better…and those saying they should focus on goaltending, well UPL was better last season than anything we iced….BUF would have zero interest in Jarry

Reactions: Gurglesons

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
You too can wear the Pens 2024 Draft Hat and just like whoever they select, have no chance of making it to the NHL.

I've been waiting for this chance all my life. maybe they who know best will let me play center.:wally:

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
You too can wear the Pens 2024 Draft Hat and just like whoever they select, have no chance of making it to the NHL.

I'll say it. The Pens have the ugliest hats probably in the league with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions over the years.

I've been waiting for this chance all my life. maybe they who know best will let me play center.:wally:
How's your sticktoitiveness and lack of ability to tickle the twine?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Also from that Friedman's 32 thoughts, it sounds like other teams are expecting the Canes to re-sign Guentzel and the moves Vancouver made in the past few days may have been in response to Vancouver expecting Guentzel to no longer be an option for them.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I'll say it. The Pens have the ugliest hats probably in the league with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions over the years.

Yep. Pens hats have been utter ass for more than a few years now. What I'd give for a simple/clean black w/logo in a new era 39thirty ...

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

I have my but glued to my chair, and I've just ordered a pack of fathers on-line.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Eller has zero trade protection to my knowledge.

Smith has an 8-team list. Might be Buffalo, sure. Maybe not, though.

Yeah I kinda just assumed Eller had trade protection based on how these deals usually look.

I would be shocked if Smith didn't have Buffalo on his NTC, though. Smith's 10 team NTC is still active right now and I figure that's a "Canada plus Arizona, Buffalo and Columbus" NTC.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
We need to get out of Jarry's contract. We need to let Blomqvist get some NHL time with Ned, or another cheap goalie who will make as much or less than Ned will.

We missed the PO's for 2 years with Jarry, if we miss again without him, who cares?

Reactions: Andy99

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Yeah I kinda just assumed Eller had trade protection based on how these deals usually look.

I would be shocked if Smith didn't have Buffalo on his NTC, though. Smith's 10 team NTC is still active right now and I figure that's a "Canada plus Arizona, Buffalo and Columbus" NTC.

Who knows. He is a Canadian who has played all over the U.S.

I think once his 8-team list starts, we should expect PITTSBURGH to be on his list. :)

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Eller has zero trade protection to my knowledge.

Smith has an 8-team list. Might be Buffalo, sure. Maybe not, though.
Smith’s NTC goes down to 8 teams from 10 on July 1….if they want to trade him for a pick in this year’s draft, then 10 teams

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If you can get one of Buffalo's 4ths for Eller right now, I think you go for it. I think he probably is able to bring back a 3rd at the deadline, but any 3rd you would likely get would be very late and not that much above where Buffalo's 4th is sitting now. It also opens up a roster spot for you to add a new guy that you can trade at the deadline next year as well.

Getting an extra early/mid 4th with the Penguins not having a 3rd would be a nice move for Dubas to make.

Reactions: Andy99

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
was hoping for some drama. Back to normal FA tho. The “winner” of the top guy (Montour) sweepstakes will be the worst contract signed, per usual.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Its Seravalli so wont get my hopes up but this would be great for the Pens

I want to post this in the Gibson to Wings thread but Ducks fans are just going to spazz out about "REE SERAVALLI HATES GIBSON" or "REE SERAVALLI DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE DUCKS"

Ducks fans who love Gibson are arguably the most delusional hockey fans out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad