GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline thread: What can we get for 3 packs of gum and a signed hockey puck?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

We want?!

• A shrubbery

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Chychrun

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Karlsson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Some other big name player

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gritty bottom 6 player

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Gritty bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goalie

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Some crazy move out of left field

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • To be sellers

Votes: 32 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** Keep this thread to Penguins related trades, rumors, rumblings, etc only please.***

skipper-madagascar.gif

Keep NHL related talk to this thread please:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Think about how much cap space was at a premium this summer.

And the Pens take on a multi year cap dump at the deadline for a pick.
I still don't get...why are you not asking for 50% retention? he has sucked this year and Nashville is retooling. Granlund at 2.5M is much better. I'm so so so lost about this trade for that 1 reason. I can see why it happened but ask for 50% retention. If Zucker-Granlund work out I am assuming Pens re-sign Zucker.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I still don't get...why are you not asking for 50% retention? he has sucked this year and Nashville is retooling. Granlund at 2.5M is much better. I'm so so so lost about this trade for that 1 reason. I can see why it happened but ask for 50% retention. If Zucker-Granlund work out I am assuming Pens re-sign Zucker.

The deal makes no sense.

Reactions: Pens x

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
That’s just about the most stupid move we could make… so expect it.

I think it will be the right move actually, certainly if Guentzel does not get back to being that little "zero fear" high intensity player he was when he came up, and that doesn't look likely .

Just a shame that it will likely be more by necessity than design when he is traded.

Reactions: Andy99

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
If we grabbed Granlund and someone else I could understand it and would have stomached it much better Granlund is a good hockey player and I think he will be much better here but he's not what we need.

I just don't understand the move especially without retention. It really handcuffs bringing anyone of significance in on top of it and that 5 mil tied up into him next year.

Just a really confusing move.

Reactions: Turin

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Wasn't really sure what to expect when Hextall took over. But with Burke coming in, I expected the team to at least get the slightest bit tougher and harder to play against.

We're about as soft as the Habs have been since the lockout

Edit: Rutta and Petry are a wash, with how the bottom 6 is built

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
He's set to be UFA too, Granlund not so much.
Exactly, we got a quality player with term. And for this core 31 is pretty young. Again I don't like the cap hit, but I don't look at him as a cap dump that's just crazy. He's a good player a little overpriced but a good player nonetheless.

Reactions: 66-30-33

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If we grabbed Granlund and someone else I could understand it and would have stomached it much better Granlund is a good hockey player and I think he will be much better here but he's not what we need.

I just don't understand the move especially without retention. It really handcuffs bringing anyone of significance in on top of it and that 5 mil tied up into him next year.

Just a really confusing move.
Granlund and Jenner. :yo:
I mean from an asset stand point we basically moved Blueger for Granlund. Which if your assignment is to not give up any long term assets for a rebuild is okay work I guess?
Rather went the route the Caps did and trade their UFAs for picks and moved them in a trade and got younger tbh, seemed like a pretty good move.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I mean from an asset stand point we basically moved Blueger for Granlund. Which if your assignment is to not give up any long term assets for a rebuild is okay work I guess?
Blueger to Granlund is a pretty large upgrade but the extra 2.8 mil is what stings. I don't think he is what we needed and it seems like most everyone agrees.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Wasn't really sure what to expect when Hextall took over. But with Burke coming in, I expected the team to at least get the slightest bit tougher and harder to play against.

We're about as soft as the Habs have been since the lockout

Edit: Rutta and Petry are a wash, with how the bottom 6 is built

This is my biggest frustration. We’ve somehow gotten smaller and weaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad