GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline thread: What can we get for 3 packs of gum and a signed hockey puck?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

We want?!

• A shrubbery

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Chychrun

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Karlsson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Some other big name player

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gritty bottom 6 player

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Gritty bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goalie

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Some crazy move out of left field

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • To be sellers

Votes: 32 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** Keep this thread to Penguins related trades, rumors, rumblings, etc only please.***

skipper-madagascar.gif

Keep NHL related talk to this thread please:

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Alright let's cook:

Miller for Dumo+McGinn+1st

Guentzel-Crosby-Rakell
Miller-G-Rust
Zucker-Carter-Granlund
Heinen-Poehling-Archibald
DOC

Petts-Letang
POJ-Petry
Smith-Ruuta

I'd do it but I'm psychotic. That'd at least load our forwards and Dumo sucks anyways...

PP1
Sid, Geno, Granlund, Zucker, Letang
PP2
Carter, Guentzel, Rust, Petry, Smith

Why am I trying. I need more beer.

I don’t have much against Sullivan, but I’d fire him simply for that spark the Pens always seem to get under a new coach - then I’d happily see what this exact line up could do.

I think the only way this team develops a punchers chance is by getting rid of Sullivan. I don’t know who to bring in - I just know that it’s a tale as old as time that messages wear out - even if they’re good messages. If they’re truly going to this weird, half way in, half way out route… shake up the coaching staff and see if you can get a spark.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The only other move they'll make is Garland because apparently our front office is obsessed with having the smallest roster in NHL history.

Everyone in the East beefing up for the playoffs and we're adding guys who can't even ride most of the adult rollercoasters at Disney World because of the height restrictions.
Which is weird because Burke loves a hockey team that is full of huge dudes.

Maybe he should be the GM :biglaugh:

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Dumo sucks anyway. What's the harm in letting POJ take bigger minutes and Smith get time
Dumo has been one of our better defenders the last month and a half after a pretty bad start.

We need him to eat the mins he's been eating. POJ surely isn't eating the 22 mins a night Dumo is.

I know it's the popular thing to hate on Dumo and I wouldn't resign him next year but he's playing some solid hockey lately.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
The thought that the Pens were in on somebody useful if McGinn was claimed and then circle backed and lost their minds when he wasn’t is very depressing. Hope the FO isn’t that stupid and unprepared.

Reactions: Andy99

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD

Burke and Hextall having a conversation about the size of the roster.

Which is which here though.

Great movie btw

The thought that the Pens were in on somebody useful if McGinn was claimed and then circle backed and lost their minds when he wasn’t is very depressing. Hope the FO isn’t that stupid and unprepared.

Would you be interested in a timeshare

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
I don't like how this trade deadline is going.... might as well call it NHL trade week Marathon..

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Sleepy is that dumb

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
This is pretty much the only way I can see a justification for the acquisition of Granlund
L3 has been the worst line in the league. It's practically not possible to get worse. I'd rather try him at 3C first and see if that changes how we play.
Maybe it would be sexier to put him with Malkin and he'd get more points, but in terms of net gains for the team I'm not so sure leaving Carter as 3C is better.
It makes matchups easy for our opponents.

I would try a balanced approach at this point:

Jake-Sid-Rak
Puustinen-Malkin-Rust
Zucker-Granlund-Heinen
Carter-DOC-Archibald

If they manage to unload McGinn by attaching a sweetener then scratch Carter and bring up Hallander, Nylander, or Caggiula.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Which is which here though.

Great movie btw

Would you be interested in a timeshare
Hextal is FBI agent who has convince everyone he is a genius and Burke is the rambling detective who keeps putting his foot in his mouth and has stories everyone has heard a thousand times. Apply other Pens head office guys to the other two. :laugh:

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
L3 has been the worst line in the league. It's practically not possible to get worse. I'd rather try him at 3C first and see if that changes how we play.
Maybe it would be sexier to put him with Malkin and he'd get more points, but in terms of net gains for the team I'm not so sure leaving Carter as 3C is better.
It makes matchups easy for our opponents.

I would try a balanced approach at this point:

Jake-Sid-Rak
Puustinen-Malkin-Rust
Zucker-Granlund-Heinen
Carter-DOC-Archibald

If they manage to unload McGinn by attaching a sweetener then scratch Carter and bring up Hallander, Nylander, or Caggiula.
Granlund is like Jake at center....does that help give my opinion of making him the 3C?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Sure, let’s pretend Sleepy will still do something. Can you admit if he doesn’t do anything else, he’s been atrocious?
He signed our core guys this past summer, something you were worried wouldn't happen. Remember with Geno you were panicking and thinking we just let him walk? We also signed Brian rust and RR.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I agree about his cap hit. If it was 3 ml I'd be absolutely fine with it, but it is a little bit high no denying that. Still we're likely to lose Jason Zucker and Brian Dumoulin. That will create close to 10 mil.
This is your Zucker replacement for next season and much of Dumo’s money will be used in Jarry’s salary increase and probably signing another D in FA…stupid use of our cap space

Reactions: Shady Machine

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This is your Zucker replacement for next season and much of Dumo’s money will be used in Jarry’s salary increase and probably signing another D in FA…stupid use of our cap space
I'm just hoping we hold on to our first round picks. I'm not sure about giving up the second, but we did get back a third 2024 for teddy. To be honest I'm not wanting us to go all in here.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He signed our core guys this past summer, something you were worried wouldn't happen. Remember with Geno you were panicking and thinking we just let him walk? We also signed Brian rust and RR.
You know your GM is dog crap when the homers continue to cite re-signing guys (from the previous regime) as some grand accomplishment.

How is that Rust re-signing working out?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think it will be the right move actually, certainly if Guentzel does not get back to being that little "zero fear" high intensity player he was when he came up, and that doesn't look likely .

Just a shame that it will likely be more by necessity than design when he is traded.
With this move today, we honestly should be trading Jake this summer, and try to get some young ELC players in return who are playing or ready to play in the NHL..because our cap is going to be tight again…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad