GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline thread: What can we get for 3 packs of gum and a signed hockey puck?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

We want?!

• A shrubbery

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Chychrun

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Karlsson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Some other big name player

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gritty bottom 6 player

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Gritty bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goalie

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Some crazy move out of left field

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • To be sellers

Votes: 32 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** Keep this thread to Penguins related trades, rumors, rumblings, etc only please.***

skipper-madagascar.gif

Keep NHL related talk to this thread please:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You know your GM is dog crap when the homers continue to cite re-signing guys as some grand accomplishment.

How is that Rust re-signing working out?
I was against signing rust, remember? I think you however like the move at the time. I think you liked all the signings in the summer, or am I Miss remembering?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I just want to say this about hextall, he's a very peculiar person. I think you all get that, but it does carry over into his professional life. You need to understand that. Well, you don't need to but it might help you accept certain things. When you're used to guys like Ray Shiro and Jr and prior to them a guy like Craig Patrick he's kind of the opposite. LOL and a lot of people just aren't used to that sort of thing. But at least he's not giving away first round picks like they are candy.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This team wasn't going to win anyway people. But again I still think there's another move or to a foot we'll see. I just want to wait and see what happens by Friday at 3:20 p.m. if not then we can say this is very underwhelming. But at least he didn't continue to mortgage the future. Which is my primary concern.

Reactions: Night Shift

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

Rossi is so f***in painful :laugh: you couldn’t make that tweet up if you were trying to make fun of him

Rossi’s overthinking it. The core guys are skilled guys that are on the same wavelength as a Granlund and probably respect his game and will like playing with him. Same reason they all liked Phil even though he was an oddball that doesn’t fit into any system or resemble any kind of playoff warrior.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
With this move today, we honestly should be trading Jake this summer, and try to get some young ELC players in return who are playing or ready to play in the NHL..because our cap is going to be tight again…

I don't want Hextall to sign or trade any other players.

He doesn't have a plan and he's basically closed the window for the Pens. This is just rando shit from a rando GM. He's basically "quiet" JR.

Reactions: Pens x and Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
So what do we think the plan is for Granlund? I don't love the thought of him at 3c at all. I'd almost rather put him on Malkin or Crosby's wing and move one of the other guys to the third line. I think Zucker or Rust would have a more positive impact on line three than Granlund is likely to.

Tbh, I'd almost consider doing this:

Guentzel-Crosby-Rakell
Granlund-Malkin-Rust or acquisition
Zucker-Carter-Rust or acquisition

Sullivan won't do that but I could see it making sense. Try to balance out three lines. I dunno. We don't have the personnel to do it now though. We'd need one more at least marginal top 9 forward to do what I suggest.

The Pens will probably just Granlund on line three in some capacity and I will hate it

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't want Hextall to sign or trade any other players.

He doesn't have a plan and he's basically closed the window for the Pens. This is just rando shit from a rando GM. He's basically "quiet" JR.

"He's basically closed the window for the Pens"

Sorry for the bad news, but their window has been closed since like 2019

Reactions: Night Shift

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Don't you know that Crosby, Malkin and Letang follow all of the analytics guys on twitter to get their opinions on trades? That's why they're going to be depressed going forward!!!
Just like I'm sure they are all angry at Carter in the room. Because we in no way, shape or form engage in projection here.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
This team wasn't going to win anyway people. But again I still think there's another move or to a foot we'll see. I just want to wait and see what happens by Friday at 3:20 p.m. if not then we can say this is very underwhelming. But at least he didn't continue to mortgage the future. Which is my primary concern.
We will trade our 1st for a 50% retained Henrique to keep filling old man quota.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Just like I'm sure they are all angry at Carter in the room. Because we in no way, shape or form engage in projection here.

They're probably walking up to him saying "your xGF%Rel is 3% worse than everyone else on this team? You must be dogshit!!!!" as they dunk his head in the toilet to give him a swirlie

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
I hope Granlund comes in here and goes ape shit, the. Watch
Rossi, Yohe and DK are all… loathsome.

Just wish there we had more sensible people who can just call it like it is either way. These other drama queens have had the spotlight far too long.

Reactions: 66-30-33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad