GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline thread: What can we get for 3 packs of gum and a signed hockey puck?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

We want?!

• A shrubbery

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Chychrun

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Karlsson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Some other big name player

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gritty bottom 6 player

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Gritty bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goalie

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Some crazy move out of left field

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • To be sellers

Votes: 32 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** Keep this thread to Penguins related trades, rumors, rumblings, etc only please.***

skipper-madagascar.gif

Keep NHL related talk to this thread please:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Ok, I now expect someone else not been named yet on a different team. Pens are going after Boone Jenner now.
They'll probably just add one more cheap bottom six forward so that they don't have to play Caggiula, and then call it a day.

Or maybe just call it a day in general and just play Caggiula until the playoffs and then call up McGinn when there is no cap lol

this f***ing team man

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
They'll probably just add one more cheap bottom six forward so that they don't have to play Caggiula, and then call it a day.

Or maybe just call it a day in general and just play Caggiula until the playoffs and then call up McGinn when there is no cap lol

this f***ing team man
Oh yea, POJ for a terrible league min forward comin up

Reactions: Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I still can’t believe this is a thing. Does Sully even know this is happening? How on earth does this move make the team better now, let alone the next two years? JR made a lot of dumb moves, but this one is seriously one of the worst, considering all circumstances, I can remember. Just a terrible trade.
It doesn't seem like a move Sullivan would ask for that's for sure.

It's a move that suggest Hextall has no awareness of how Sullivan deploys his bottom six either. Just lol if they bring in Granlund who plays no defense and bury him in d-zone starts.

Maybe they'll play Granlund in the top six and move Zucker or Rust to line three. That still won't move the needle at all.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

this f***ing team man
I can't see Granlund being the big move. Maybe they wanna hope the Granlund-Zucker connection is still around? but not the big move.
I said Boone. I love Boone.

Columbus would sooner break his knee caps then send him here

GCRak
Jenner-Malkin-Rust
Zucker-Granlund-Carter

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I can't see Granlund being the big move. Maybe they wanna hope the Granlund-Zucker connection is still around? but not the big move.
We have next to no cap to do anything else without salary out.

I dunno man. Seems like this was the big move, sorry to say. Maybe Hextall has something else up his sleeve but I doubt it.

Reactions: Andy99 and Pens x

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
I would have kept all my picks if I knew this move was gonna happen at last part of tonight.. once they passed on Chychrun also.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

this f***ing team man

I doubt we do anything. We have no cap and nothing we can realistically move anymore.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
If you get Granlund to play with Malkin and Zucker, it can/could mean getting Geno set up better (because Zucker and Rust both have tunnel vision and Granlund does not). That would be a good thing. But I cannot like a solution where Carter remains 3C and you know Sully isn't really going to play Poehling more than him.

I think this has to be about getting a minute eater who can hold up the third better than Carter, while getting more out of Carter as a RW.

DOC Granlund Carter
Heinen Poehling Archie

It is better than what we have had, just not to an extent that it is likely to matter in the slightest, and for the playoffs we can call up McGinn again to play with the 4th perhaps. At least Sully will be very tempted to have a PK'er he trusts, and away from Carter he is sometimes a good player, however bland.

For next year it kills the kind of flex we had, or at least makes it even more imperative that we find a way to get Carter to LTIR. A real shame that we have not had any look at Puustinen this season with the big team. If there was any x-factor there to help getting a cheap scorer, it is now likely too late to find out.

Reactions: Andy99

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
If you get Granlund to play with Malkin and Zucker, it can/could mean getting Geno set up better (because Zucker and Rust both have tunnel vision and Granlund does not). That would be a good thing. But I cannot like a solution where Carter remains 3C and you know Sully isn't really going to play Poehling more than him.

I think this has to be about getting a minute eater who can hold up the third better than Carter, while getting more out of Carter as a RW.

DOC Granlund Carter
Heinen Poehling Archie

It is better than what we have had, just not to an extent that it is likely to matter in the slightest, and for the playoffs we can call up McGinn again to play with the 4th perhaps. At least Sully will be very tempted to have a PK'er he trusts, and away from Carter he is sometimes a good player, however bland.

For next year it kills the kind of flex we had, or at least makes it even more imperative that we find a way to get Carter to LTIR. A real shame that we have not had any look at Puustinen this season with the big team. If there was any x-factor there to help getting a cheap scorer, it is now likely too late to find out.
Also gives us far less cap room to anything over the break for next season.. might be some good free agents or even a better trade..

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
It always gets goofy towards the end - for most great teams. Time passes them by, nobody really is an expert when the grey area hits and some real wild stuff happens as a result.

Like I’ve been saying, the team is done anyway. If you accept this - this trade doesn’t matter that much. JT Miller, JC, wouldn’t have mattered that much. I know everyone wants to like the player and trade, regardless of the teams direction - but there’s just nothing out there that can remedy this situation anymore. Really just have to accept it for what it is. Which is the end of the line. We can’t afford to pay 3 35+ players what we are paying them - and expect to fill out a roster around them of top notch players. Most teams do not do this - maybe 1/3 stays, the other two see their time in city come to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad