GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline thread: What can we get for 3 packs of gum and a signed hockey puck?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

We want?!

• A shrubbery

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Chychrun

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Karlsson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Some other big name player

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gritty bottom 6 player

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Gritty bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goalie

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Some crazy move out of left field

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • To be sellers

Votes: 32 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** Keep this thread to Penguins related trades, rumors, rumblings, etc only please.***

skipper-madagascar.gif

Keep NHL related talk to this thread please:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
They are trying to create a scoring 3rd.

I'd be down to see a chaos like 3rd just for the entertainment value of Grandlund, Carter and Wilson.

I mean, chaos in every sense of the word for, and against.

TK, you shifty little bastard, please be right... I want chaos in delivering back every cheap shot handed to this team, and I have no problem sacrificing TW to do it. Damn well they'll get out of the first round if they don't got any players left. RAWHIDE!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
How the f*** is this limited damage this dude has 2+ years at a 5 million dollar cap hit LOL
2031c902-4dbc-4fdd-aca8-d11302e5446e_text.gif
So?

They can not win a cup with this guy on the roster the next two years equally to not winning a cup if they had the cap space to waste on some other guy who wouldn't move the needle far enough.

I agree with the F grade. But simply don't think that it matters any more.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
If this is Hextalls "move" I'm livid.

I don't mind Granlund the player but hes exactly the opposite style of player we need. He's finesse and smart but soft, not good defensively and he's more of a technician than a scorer.

The contract makes it even worse as he really limits us next season.

This was one of the worst things we could do. We are handcuffing ourselves for next season with a player who doesn't even come close to moving the needle.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yeah this is not limited damage. This is actually the most damage you could possibly do. If they add another player like Boeser or Garland it’s nightmare fuel.
I hope they add something anyways. f*** it. This contract probably ruined our last good shot at fixing the bottom six so might as well go nuts from here on out and hope it works.

Reactions: Turin

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I do not like this Granlund deal. I'd have sooner kept the cap space for free agency.
I agree about his cap hit. If it was 3 ml I'd be absolutely fine with it, but it is a little bit high no denying that. Still we're likely to lose Jason Zucker and Brian Dumoulin. That will create close to 10 mil.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I agree about his cap hit. If it was 3 ml I'd be absolutely fine with it, but it is a little bit high no denying that. Still we're likely to lose Jason Zucker and Brian Dumoulin. That will create close to 10 mil.
Granlunds entire value revolves around Zucker lol

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Granlunds entire value revolves around Zucker lol
I'm having trouble thinking today, can you tell me the correlation there? Is it because they played in Minnesota together? I don't know what you're referring to. Please help me out. LOL

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
With this deal I am assuming it would be impossible to get someone like JT Miller?
He doesn't cost that much this year as his contract doesn't kick in until next year.

They'd have to do some galaxy brain shit like move out Petry Dumo or Pettersson but yolo as they say

Reactions: 66-30-33

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I'm having trouble thinking today, can you tell me the correlation there? Is it because they played in Minnesota together? I don't know what you're referring to. Please help me out. LOL
Yes lol. Granlund and Zucker were awesome together years ago. He can't shoot but he's a good passer.

Also Granlund needs Powerplay time to succeed. He ain't seeing that.

Reactions: Ryder71

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Dumo, McGinn, 1st for Miller

Let's ride!
He doesn't cost that much this year as his contract doesn't kick in until next year.

They'd have to do some galaxy brain shit like move out Petry Dumo or Pettersson but yolo as they say

Ok, I now expect someone else not been named yet on a different team. Pens are going after Boone Jenner now.

Reactions: Pancakes

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I still can’t believe this is a thing. Does Sully even know this is happening? How on earth does this move make the team better now, let alone the next two years? JR made a lot of dumb moves, but this one is seriously one of the worst, considering all circumstances, I can remember. Just a terrible trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad