GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline thread: What can we get for 3 packs of gum and a signed hockey puck?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

We want?!

• A shrubbery

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Chychrun

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Karlsson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Some other big name player

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gritty bottom 6 player

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Gritty bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goalie

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Some crazy move out of left field

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • To be sellers

Votes: 32 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** Keep this thread to Penguins related trades, rumors, rumblings, etc only please.***

skipper-madagascar.gif

Keep NHL related talk to this thread please:

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Going from McGinn and Blueger to Poehling and Granlund is, in a vacuum, getting softer and worse defensively. Will they be able to outscore them? Sadly an open question.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm ultimately not all that worked up about the trade because the team isn't good anymore and this move isn't going to make or break them going forward. But I do think the move was bad and it's totally fair to call it out for bad.
I think that we are saying the same thing.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
i kind of assume they're not done, they didn't need to make this much room for just Granlund, right?

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Going from McGinn and Blueger to Poehling and Granlund is, in a vacuum, getting softer and worse defensively. Will they be able to outscore them? Sadly an open question.
Granlund doesn't score. He'll overpass and miss the net with the rest of this bland group

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
This does not do anything to dispel my half-joking thought that Hextall and Sully actually just f***ing hate each other's guts and one is constantly trying to f*** the other over with their hockey decisions. Hextall gets shit players to fill out a roster JR left in shambles. Sully drives them into the ground with his lines and TOI distribution. Round and round we go. :laugh:

(I know this is not the case, I just think it's hilarious to think about)

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
i kind of assume they're not done, they didn't need to make this much room for just Granlund, right?
We have no cap left....he'd need to trade Petts or Dumo for any room. I don't know if paying for McGinn to be gone nets us much?

But hell take another stab Hexy.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think they had a bit over $5 million with Caggiula's promotion and they got no salary retained on Granlund. So if anything else happens, it'll be a bunch of salary going out if any's coming back.

Doubt they move Dumo, Zucker or Petts.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I hope FSG delivers Hextall's pink slip via drone by dropping stink bombs into his office and a post-it that tells him to pack his shit.

Dude cannot be in charge this summer. He's gonna re-sign Zucker, Dumo and Jarry 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad