GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline thread: What can we get for 3 packs of gum and a signed hockey puck?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

We want?!

• A shrubbery

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Chychrun

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Karlsson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Some other big name player

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gritty bottom 6 player

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Gritty bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goalie

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Some crazy move out of left field

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • To be sellers

Votes: 32 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** Keep this thread to Penguins related trades, rumors, rumblings, etc only please.***

skipper-madagascar.gif

Keep NHL related talk to this thread please:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Jake-Sid-Rakell
Zucker-Geno-Granlund
DOC-Poehling-Rust
Heinen-Caggiula-Carter (or Heinen-Carter-Archibald I guess)

That's probably the best you can do, but that ain't inspiring a whole lotta optimism.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm just praying that Sullivan actually uses Granlund with Malkin and Zucker, because I think that's pretty much the best way to maximize the value he's providing. If you throw out Granlund with Carter in 75% defensive zone deployment, he's going to be horrendous. He might improve secondary scoring with his playmaking skills, but that 3rd line is going to get slaughtered analytically.

But you know that's how Sullivan will use him.
Sullivan is going to need to even out the O zone starts if Granlund plays on L3 and Sid and Geno will take more D zone draws…

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think we should experiment with Zucker-Granlund as an L3.

In my opinion, DOC is trending upwards so strongly that it's worth elevating him to Malkin's line. He is bringing a lot out there right now, and we may as well see what we have before we have to make decisions on Zucker & Guentzel this summer.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I think we should experiment with Zucker-Granlund as an L3.

In my opinion, DOC is trending upwards so strongly that it's worth elevating him to Malkin's line. He is bringing a lot out there right now, and we may as well see what we have before we have to make decisions on Zucker & Guentzel this summer.
We have to do something out of the box lol.

DOC/Puus with Geno

Maybe Zucker-Granlund between Carter gets him scoring. At least Granlund is a great playmaker. Carter can shoot...I'm really grasping for straws here.

Reactions: Pens1566

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The issue with this deal wasn't what they paid for him, it's that they took him on at $5 million when he's not worth $5 million anymore.
I agree.

So say he is worth 3.5 million. Would that extra 1.5 million in this off-season be enough to put the Pens in cup contention?

The Pens are Detroit near the end of their great run. At this point as long as they are not trading the next five first round picks I am not going to get worked up over it.

That does not mean that I like the moves. Not at all. I was in the stand pat crowd.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
don’t even bring up Zucker-Staal-Granlund because you know it’s boutta be Heinen-Carter-Granlund.

“Out of respect to the group we couldn’t fit Gransy into the Top 6, but we’re excited about his skillset with Jeff and Danton. It allows us to face off on our strong side in the defensive zone at all times. That is important because it’s where they’ll spend 99% of their shifts.”

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
don’t even bring up Zucker-Staal-Granlund because you know it’s boutta be Heinen-Carter-Granlund.

“Out of respect to the group we couldn’t fit Gransy into the Top 6, but we’re excited about his skillset with Jeff and Danton. It allows us to face off on our strong side in the defensive zone where they’ll spend 99% of their shifts.”
Shut. Your. Mouth.

• Love
Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I agree.

So say he is worth 3.5 million. Would that extra 1.5 million in this off-season be enough to put the Pens in cup contention?

The Pens are Detroit near the end of their great run. At this point as long as they are not trading the next five first round picks I am not going to get worked up over it.

That does not mean that I like the moves. Not at all. I was in the stand pat crowd.

I'm ultimately not all that worked up about the trade because the team isn't good anymore and this move isn't going to make or break them going forward. But I do think the move was bad and it's totally fair to call it out for bad.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I'm ultimately not all that worked up about the trade because the team isn't good anymore and this move isn't going to make or break them going forward. But I do think the move was bad and it's totally fair to call it out for bad.
The greatest issue beyond everything else is the player profile. Does Granlund help our lack of finish? He's the opposite end. Does he make us harder to play against? Ehhh

There's just no thought process here. Hextall panicked. Remembered Granlund worked with Zucker years ago and shot his waiver load.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I also can’t imagine this is what Sullivan wanted. Have to think the criticisms of Hextall never listening to people is fairly accurate.
Ya. Clearly Sullivan ain't dropping his boy Rust for Granlund. So the only silver lining for Granlund won't be explored (most likely).

And damnit if I somehow dislike:
Heinen-Carter-Granlund even more than McGinn-Kap...Holy s***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad