GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline thread: What can we get for 3 packs of gum and a signed hockey puck?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

We want?!

• A shrubbery

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Chychrun

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Karlsson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Some other big name player

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gritty bottom 6 player

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Gritty bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goalie

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Some crazy move out of left field

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • To be sellers

Votes: 32 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** Keep this thread to Penguins related trades, rumors, rumblings, etc only please.***

skipper-madagascar.gif

Keep NHL related talk to this thread please:

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Ron Hextall just told every Penguin fan that trying to jump start Jeff Carter is what’s most important. I hope that building boos the shit out of him next home game

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
The more I look at it the more I hate it.

Trying to come up with some like combo to ease my annoyance.

Maybe
Jake sid rak
Heinen geno rust
O'Connor granlund zucker
Poehling Carter Archie

Third line with a fast play maker, a quick grinder, and a crackhead with skill (zucker).

It takes zucker away from geno, but heinen has played well there before?

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Nah I don't think sending McGinn back in that trade would have changed anything. The issue is Granlund isn't worth $5 million. I like adding him as a player, but absolutely not at that cap hit.
UMMM Hextall has scouts that scout for him & an Assistant GM

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Yeah this trade will very likely not go well because Sullivan won't use Granlund in a way to make the trade go well. But make the 2nd line Zucker-Malkin-Granlund and I think adding Granlund would be nice. Just not at $5 million nice.

Good thing Sullivan will be here next week and Hextall won't :confused:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hockey is random. Maybe it'll work out.

It looks terrible. Just awful.

I think the issue is that past performances on other teams aren't necessarily indicative of future performances on a new team. Did Granlund become bad this year, or has he just been performing badly this year?

I think you need to look at both past results (both this year and past years) along with skillsets to gather an opinion on acquiring a player. That's why I'm more positive on Granlund the player than most here, he has a skillset that I'm a big fan of and have been interested in the past. I just don't want to pay him $5 million for that. Get it down to $3.5 million and I have no complaints with this deal, because I think the upside of his skills in this system (with proper usage) is worth that price.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Could've probably gotten a 1st for Zucker, a 1st or 2nd for Dumo, waived McGinn and Friedman, traded Blueger, called up some WBS fodder to fill out the roster and let the chips fall where they may as far as the season goes. Maybe you make the playoffs, maybe you don't, but you've got two 1sts, two 2nds, and a 3rd in that scenario and you're seeing what the WBS dudes have at this level before making decisions this summer about the depth.

But that's too radical an idea. No, the Pens must continue to trudge their way toward following the Red Wings circa 2011 and onward.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
So, without any further moves, we're looking at the following up front

Guentzel-Crosby-Rakell
Zucker-Malkin-Rust
Heinen-Granlund-Carter
DOC-Poehling-Archibald
Caggiula

The names are different at center, but it's not any better.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The Pens will now be paying over $8M for two bottom six players that are both over 30, through next season.

That is gross mismanagement of the Cap, even if you think Granlund might be a good player in the end.

Granlund isn’t a bottom six player.

So, without any further moves, we're looking at the following up front

Guentzel-Crosby-Rakell
Zucker-Malkin-Rust
Heinen-Granlund-Carter
DOC-Poehling-Archibald
Caggiula

The names are different at center, but it's not any better.

I’d argue it’s worse. At least McGinn and Teddy were hypothetically good in their roles.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I think the issue is that past performances on other teams aren't necessarily indicative of future performances on a new team. Did Granlund become bad this year, or has he just been performing badly this year?

I think you need to look at both past results (both this year and past years) along with skillsets to gather an opinion on acquiring a player. That's why I'm more positive on Granlund the player than most here, he has a skillset that I'm a big fan of and have been interested in the past. I just don't want to pay him $5 million for that. Get it down to $3.5 million and I have no complaints with this deal, because I think the upside of his skills in this system (with proper usage) is worth that price.
We'll see. Not holding my breath on it working out. He's been so bad this year

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Ron Hextall just told every Penguin fan that trying to jump start Jeff Carter is what’s most important. I hope that building boos the shit out of him next home game

It’s getting to the part in the story where the building is about to be half empty. That’s probably only a year away.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Well,

I'm starting to understand why Hextall didn't trade his #1 Pick. It's going to be even more valuable at the end of this year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad