2024 Islanders Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The thing with Roy is I actually believe him when he says these things. He’s not gonna hang a guy playing time for the sake of it or because he was a first round pick. Time to nut up and ice the best 12 forwards and best 6 defenseman.

But NHL ready shot and he scores and his chances aren’t enough with Barzal. He shoots and did I mention shooting?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I read something - forgetting where - that Kudashov cannot be signed because he's 2025 draft eligible. Does anyone know if that's correct? It seems like if it were true and Lou was interested in drafting him, it's almost like he's advertising that, which seems very un-Lou.

I think he can simply be signed although he IS still draft-eligible at 20.

In essence, once you're draft-eligible, you can be outright signed for a certain amount of time before the following draft IF you go undrafted.

And teams have done this over the course of time. Not often, but at times. Philly did it with Philippe Myers like 10 years ago. Invited him to rookie camp as an undrafted CHLer. Then signed him.

You're simply eligible for the draft for a certain period of time (Euro players 1 year longer than North Americans). But if you go undrafted, you can be signed to an ELC.

ASIDE:
Speaking of which, there was a German player who was a bit of shooting star in the DEL last season and seemed like a likely draft pick. Although he just turned 20 a couple of weeks ago, it was actually his 3rd shot at being drafted. He did NOT get drafted, but immediately showed up at the Maple Leafs' summer prospect camp.

Word here is, they'd have been interested in signing him to an ELC if certain other signings (likely RFA-related) did not work out.

As I understand it, anyone could simply sign him right now although he is still draft-eligible. He'll kick off this season tonight with Red Bull Munich.

Do denote - and I don't think this applies to Russia - that there is an agreement in place between the NHL and basically all major European leagues that sees clubs here get a compensation fee for European players signed by NHL teams. That also goes for players drafted by NHL teams.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad