GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline thread: What can we get for 3 packs of gum and a signed hockey puck?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

We want?!

• A shrubbery

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Chychrun

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Karlsson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Some other big name player

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gritty bottom 6 player

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Gritty bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goalie

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Some crazy move out of left field

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • To be sellers

Votes: 32 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** Keep this thread to Penguins related trades, rumors, rumblings, etc only please.***

skipper-madagascar.gif

Keep NHL related talk to this thread please:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
This chart was based on three years with a big spike in the year he was acquired due to diet and conditioning. Granlund is the opposite trend.

Ehh I'd put my money on going from playing with Getzlaf's ghost to playing with Zegras being the true secret sauce. Which unsurprisingly got even better with Sid and Geno (and also hope of being on a good team rather than a headed for the bottom team).

Granlund never really fit into Nashville so I wouldn't be surprised if he works better here...

... but it still begs the question of what we need another 5m winger for.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Ron Hextall: "Mikael is a versatile forward, able to play either wing or center, and contribute offensively. He has experience on both the power play and penalty kill and can add options to our lineup."

Reactions: Darren McCord

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Seriously almost ALL of the cap space for this. For this?? He doesn’t check any boxes we needed and is way overpaid.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

According to CapFriendly, the Penguins will have $1.1 million in cap space on deadline day following the Granlund deal.

That's with 12 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies.

The Penguins won't be able to ice a full 23-man roster.

• Haha
Reactions: Pens x and Turin

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Ron Hextall: "Mikael is a versatile forward, able to play either wing or center, and contribute offensively. He has experience on both the power play and penalty kill and can add options to our lineup."
He is able to a lot of stuff poorly for what we paid Rust and Rakell. Hooray.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The thing with Granlund is that he does have a really nice skillset, at least one that made him a favorite around here a few years ago. I'm good with the acquisition (even with his poor performance this season) and I'm good with the price they paid. I just am really uncomfortable with him coming in at $5 million. If Nashville wasn't willing to retain any money, you don't trade for him.

If Nashville retained him down to $3.5 million, I'd be completely happy with this. But I think that $1.5 million on the cap is so significant that it makes me not like this.

Reactions: Jobeycool

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Bummer about no retention. Oh well, I'm going to see how he plays for us before piling on because a number in a questionable chart says 3%.

Reactions: dogthateats

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
The thing with Granlund is that he does have a really nice skillset, at least one that made him a favorite around here a few years ago. I'm good with the acquisition (even with his poor performance this season) and I'm good with the price they paid. I just am really uncomfortable with him coming in at $5 million. If Nashville wasn't willing to retain any money, you don't trade for him.

If Nashville retained him down to $3.5 million, I'd be completely happy with this. But I think that $1.5 million on the cap is so significant that it makes me not like this.

This trade was trash and the opposite of what the pens needed. They actually go older today.

You cant defend this

Reactions: Hamurai

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
f***ed up our cap picture for Mikael Granlund just absurd shit.

Bummer about no retention. Oh well, I'm going to see how he plays for us before piling on because a number in a questionable chart says 3%.

He is way better than what that chart says. But he is exactly what we have in spades in the top nine. They should play him with Zuck and Geno

Reactions: Shady Machine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad