GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline thread: What can we get for 3 packs of gum and a signed hockey puck?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

We want?!

• A shrubbery

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Chychrun

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Karlsson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Some other big name player

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gritty bottom 6 player

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Gritty bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goalie

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Some crazy move out of left field

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • To be sellers

Votes: 32 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** Keep this thread to Penguins related trades, rumors, rumblings, etc only please.***

skipper-madagascar.gif

Keep NHL related talk to this thread please:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Fun stuff. Can't wait for another however many years of watching this team struggle to make the playoffs while saying over and over to the media "We're still all-in! As long as we have Sid and Geno we are Cup contenders!"

It's like the Black Knight from Monty Python. All stumps, on the ground bleeding out. "A scratch? Your arm's off!" "No it isn't!"
Thank god we kept our late round first though. Really glad Hextall took on a bad contract rather than use our first.

Brilliant stuff

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I'd be fine with him at like $4 million.

Fans acting like he sucks because his JFresh chart is bad just reminds me of when everyone said Rakell sucked last year when the Penguins got him:

That analysis has actually been accurate, though. Rakell has been dangerous for the Penguins because he's able to play off Sid or Geno, go to the net. He hasn't had many snipes or goals created by himself. A few, but most of his goals have been because he positions himself well.

Reactions: JackFr

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Uh, Garland had 64 points in 80 games last year and has 36 points in 58 games this year. Am I missing something beyond a JFresh chart here? A 2nd rounder for him seems fine.

This just reminds me of when JFresh said that the Rakell addition last off-season stunk.
Since I am actually JFresh (hi fellas long time no see etc. etc.) I feel like I can speak to this.

1. Granlund's 5v5 scoring is very poor. Only 17 points in 58 games this season. His per-60 rate is 12th out of 14 forwards on the team. Can he help our power play? Maybe. Last season was a bit better (29 in 82) but still nothing special and about average on the Preds.

2. He is a negative defensively - doesn't forecheck, doesn't do the dirty work you want from a centre. He's a pure skill playmaker who isn't good enough at evens to pull that off.

3. He's 30 and has two years left after this one at $5 million

4. I wasn't over the moon about Rakell but I think I was realistic about what he was and what he was capable of, having watched a lot of him for an article I wrote. I said he's not a player who can create that much for himself but if you put him next to an elite passer he'll put pucks in the net. I don't think his tenure with the Penguins has disproven that.

Raw point totals don't tell the story here. Granlund can still pass the puck at a very high level but that is all he can do at this point. He is not the player we needed.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
FSG shoulda fired this mother f***er when he had to interview to keep his job last spring. I'm gonna take enough benadryl to see the hat man. This organization sucks. :laugh:

Sell >>>> do nothing >>>> spend every available asset on somebody like Chychrun >>>> Boeser >>>> JT Miller >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Grandlund

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
No retention. This deal is a f***ing disaster and a waste of cap space. I don’t get it at all.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Panic move after lazy ass missed out on all of these trades the last few weeks.

Can you people please finally admit he’s an awful GM and I’ve been right for 2 years???

WAKE UP
I don't know how this gets us to the playoffs lol..

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I just want to repeat that Ron Hextall wouldn’t part with his precious draft capital to acquire at worst a top 4 defensemen signed for the same amount of time at less money, but he was fine parting with a 2nd round pick for a shitty forward making more money. Make it make sense

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
So that's that for the deadline right? I don't think they have the cap to do anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad