GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline thread: What can we get for 3 packs of gum and a signed hockey puck?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

We want?!

• A shrubbery

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Chychrun

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Karlsson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Some other big name player

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gritty bottom 6 player

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Gritty bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goalie

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Some crazy move out of left field

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • To be sellers

Votes: 32 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** Keep this thread to Penguins related trades, rumors, rumblings, etc only please.***

skipper-madagascar.gif

Keep NHL related talk to this thread please:

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Gave up a 2nd versus giving up a first for another winger who isn't an upgrade on an existing winger.

Are we sure there isn't retention?

If we play Granlund at 3C it’s probably gonna be a disaster. Playmaking center who is gonna be passing too a bunch of trash.

You play him at wing in the top 6 and he’s not an upgrade over anybody we already have

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Yeah Hextall should be fired for this. It’s just maddeningly stupid and now we are further cap f***ed..
Of all the players I was thinking about, this one never crossed my mind and is about the worst use of cleared space I can think of.

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
Granlund was great last year, this year not as much. For a 2nd I'd want some cap being covered or taking cap back....

But he's was good with zucker back in the day, might move rust down, or if somehow they swing another deal move zucker down with him and maybe O'Connor since granlund can play both c and w.

But from what I remember he's a great pker so there's that.

Reactions: StaalForOne

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I'd be fine with him at like $4 million.

Fans acting like he sucks because his JFresh chart is bad just reminds me of when everyone said Rakell sucked last year when the Penguins got him:

Empoleon proving yet again that there's nothing that the Penguins can possibly do he won't defend to the death and act like we're all too dumb to see it.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

Fans acting like he sucks because his JFresh chart is bad just reminds me of when everyone said Rakell sucked last year when the Penguins got him:

This chart was based on three years with a big spike in the year he was acquired due to diet and conditioning. Granlund is the opposite trend.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

There's a slight difference between Rakell's on ice impacts listed there and Granlund's

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Fun stuff. Can't wait for another however many years of watching this team struggle to make the playoffs while saying over and over to the media "We're still all-in! As long as we have Sid and Geno we are Cup contenders!"

It's like the Black Knight from Monty Python. All stumps, on the ground bleeding out. "A scratch? Your arm's off!" "No it isn't!"

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Empoleon proving yet again that there's nothing that the Penguins can possibly do he won't defend to the death and act like we're all too dumb to see it.

Meh Emp just picks his position and goes full tilt.

This place would be boring if we didn’t have people like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad