News Article: Penguins Sale Possible This Week

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
They know Pittsburgh is a great hockey town once you build a competitive team for Stanley Cups or they never would have did it.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If this is in the winds, though, this is probably why we haven't heard about any movement on the Malkin/Letang front.

Sounds logical. New ownership probably will want to make their own evaluations before investing big sums of money in players, and old ownership probably didn't want to risk negotiations with new owners by allocating that kind of money long term.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Mario has had part ownership of the Pens 22/26 years of my life. Gotta admit that I would be bummed for him to no longer be an owner, always grew up thinking it was/is really cool.
yeah, very sad. Mario announcing the team is staying is right up there with Cup wins for best moments I've seen in sports. Hopefully he at least sticks around the organization in some degree.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Crazy, just think in due time it will be a few groups owning everything. Just the way of the world

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm not sure why that would make a difference one way or the other.

Well, I'd imagine that new potential ownership would want a say on the negotiations or forward plans. Don't get me wrong, I think it's super dumb if they don't sign them, but who knows?

Reactions: KIRK

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Welcome to the content mines.

burn-koala.gif

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I caught the end of an interview on the pre game radio show, some business guy from Boston Globe. He finished by saying to expect a hike in ticket prices. Like seriously, this guy must know shit about the state and more importantly, the immediate future look of this team if he thinks any new owner could get away with a ticket price hike. And his reasoning was that prices in Boston are high, well yippee. f***ing idiot.

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I caught the end of an interview on the pre game radio show, some business guy from Boston Globe. He finished by saying to expect a hike in ticket prices. Like seriously, this guy must know shit about the state and more importantly, the immediate future look of this team if he thinks any new owner could get away with a ticket price hike. And his reasoning was that prices in Boston are high, well yippee. f***ing idiot.

Did he also say expect the nacho cheese to be replaced with chowdah?

Reactions: Night Shift

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad