News Article: Penguins Sale Possible This Week

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
A lot of people feeling relieved that Lemieux will remain as a minority owner, but that minority interest could be 1% for all we know. And I'd be absolutely shocked if he stayed on as chairman beyond the transition period. The direction of the org and the decisions they make with their spending and balance sheet isn't going to be in Lemieux's hands anymore. Any solace in his continued involvement is wishful thinking. I'm not saying it's going to be a bad direction now, but I'm a little anxious to see what the 5-10 year direction of the team will be.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
A lot of people feeling relieved that Lemieux will remain as a minority owner, but that minority interest could be 1% for all we know. And I'd be absolutely shocked if he stayed on as chairman beyond the transition period. The direction of the org and the decisions they make with their spending and balance sheet isn't going to be in Lemieux's hands anymore. Any solace in his continued involvement is wishful thinking.

I think all parties involved understand his importance to the franchise. He isn't walking away and the new owners won't want him to. In addition to that, he wants to keep his seat in the owner's box. Tickets are expensive.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
A lot of people feeling relieved that Lemieux will remain as a minority owner, but that minority interest could be 1% for all we know. And I'd be absolutely shocked if he stayed on as chairman beyond the transition period. The direction of the org and the decisions they make with their spending and balance sheet isn't going to be in Lemieux's hands anymore. Any solace in his continued involvement is wishful thinking. I'm not saying it's going to be a bad direction now, but I'm a little anxious to see what the 5-10 year direction of the team will be.

The Red Sox seem to be having a lot of success under their ownership. So regardless of the specifics of what they will or won't do, if they put the same sort of effort into producing a winner in Pittsburgh like they've done with the Red Sox, I don't think it'll matter how much or how little say Lemieux has.

Reactions: Night Shift

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Doesn't mean shit. They did all this stuff to get in fans good graces and then once they bought Liverpool it has been shit ever since. The internal cap is going to drive you all crazy.

Depends what that internal cap is.

In baseball, it could simply be them not wanting to spend as much as the Yankees/Dodgers, so they limit it to X amount at or slightly over the soft cap. In hockey, there's a hard cap so they don't have to contend with the Rangers wanting to spend $200 million and can limit their spending to the $80-ish million range.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The Red Sox seem to be having a lot of success under their ownership. So regardless of the specifics of what they will or won't do, if they put the same sort of effort into producing a winner in Pittsburgh like they've done with the Red Sox, I don't think it'll matter how much or how little say Lemieux has.

The Boston Red Sox have an actual die hard fan base.

So does Liverpool.

We have @ronduguayshair.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Were there any rumors of the Pens being up for sale prior to this bit of news?
I’m not going to dig for it in a search engine. But I remember reading something around a year ago, maybe a bit more back, that Mario and RB were looking to lessen their holdings in the team. Still be part of the organization but pretty far into the background as minority owners. So as long as my memory serves me correctly this has been a thing for awhile.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I will try not to post such futile filler.

Can I make a serious point in response to you. Like is that allowed?

Okay. It was fine and good info that you posted that. I'm just saying, if I were a mid-level person in the org "not making big changes" means I still have a job and the org structure stays relatively intact. I wouldn't care much about the star players.

This is me responding with tongue not-in-cheek. Interpreting what you quoted and inviting you to respond. As a person who no doubt thinks serious thoughts outside of their (hilarious) board character.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Can I make a serious point in response to you. Like is that allowed?

Okay. It was fine and good info that you posted that. I'm just saying, if I were a mid-level person in the org "not making big changes" means I still have a job and the org structure stays relatively intact. I wouldn't care much about the star players.

This is me responding with tongue not-in-cheek. Interpreting what you quoted and inviting you to respond. As a person who no doubt thinks serious thoughts outside of their (hilarious) board character.
I’ll let it slide! (i didn’t read 2nd and 3rd paragraphs, too long)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad