Value of: Pavel Buchnevich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ironically, this is exactly the type of player the Rangers could use.

Don't think we really have what STL fans have said they need tho.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I prefer 2-way or strong defensive defenseman in my top 4. Do you have any prospects that project to be in the top 4 with that sort of playstyle?
Tom Willander but I don't think he's available. Teams don't generally trade that type of asset. Brzustewicz is trending towards possible top 4. After that we don't have any top 4 prospects unless they really hit.

Nobody wants these guys. If we did, we wouldn't have passed on him so many times 6 months ago. Comparing lower tier prospects to each other to say which one is best doesn't change thoat. You want Buchy, cost is Willander. Maybe we would take Lekkerimaki if you added enough to him. But that is it. Every Blues fan on here has told you this.

Moderators, please close this pointless thread.
You hear that mods Blueston has spoken. He says shut it down. Willander or bust.

Also says no wanted Ellis. Literally a top 20 dman in the league for a decade plus. DeAngelo traded for multiple high picks. Produced huge numbers in the league. No one wants them.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Tom Willander but I don't think he's available. Teams don't generally trade that type of asset. Brzustewicz is trending towards possible top 4. After that we don't have any top 4 prospects unless they really hit.
Dang. That's a shame. There unfortunately might not be a deal to be made then. :(

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I think you are looking at it all wrong. You need as many top prospects as you can find. If you had 3-4 guys under 23 that were potential PP guys then sure you might look to get something else. But you don't. So it should be the same credo as 90% of all draft picks...take the best player available. Don't trade for your current need only. The team will be drastically different by the time any prospect makes it.

As for OHL points there are 3 guys in the last 25 yrs who've ever put up points at the level Brzustewicz is currently. Ryan Ellis, Tony DeAngelo, Brandt Clarke, all top 20 picks. It seems to have translated well. What were they elite at? Any old guy who puts up a ppg sure that doesn't translate necessarily at the highest rate. This is different.

Puck skills, hockey sense, skating, deception, transition.

ROFLMAO. You've just made 57 posts telling us how we NEED Brz cause our current PP is so awful. Now you are saying, don't worry about team needs, take the best player available.

Seriously, dude. Lmao. Do you get some commision from Brz's agent for every opposing team fan you convince? If so, it's going to be a lean winter. You are doing a terrible job at it.

Brz is not the best player offered, he's not a pressing need, so no thank you.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
ROFLMAO. You've just made 57 posts telling us how we NEED Brz cause our current PP is so awful. Now you are saying, don't worry about team needs, take the best player available.

Seriously, dude. Lmao. Do you get some commision from Brz's agent for every opposing team fan you convince? If so, it's going to be a lean winter. You are doing a terrible job at it.

Brz is not the best player offered, he's not a pressing need, so no thank you.
Exactly. Your PP is awful and the future of it looks worse.

I love how every time its me that is overselling. I am just making the case. You numpties are replying with absolute nonsense and I'm calling it out or in my more generous times asking what your logic is... and there hasn't been a lot other than our defense sucks and we have no pp shooters. There are like 4 of you and none can even come up with a logical response to explain your position.

Clearly this team needs everything. The fact that you think an offensive dman isn't a need on one of the worst performing defenses offensively and with maybe one or two prospects who have any offensive upside is laughable. Im falling off my chair Im laughing so hard and Im spitting up my coffee its so darn funny ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Stealth JD

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015

I love how every time its me that is overselling. I am just making the case. You numpties are replying with absolute nonsense and I'm calling it out or in my more generous times asking what your logic is... and there hasn't been a lot other than our defense sucks and we have no pp shooters. There are like 4 of you and none can even come up with a logical response to explain your position.

Clearly this team needs everything. The fact that you think an offensive dman isn't a need on one of the worst performing defenses offensively and with maybe one or two prospects who have any offensive upside is laughable. Im falling off my chair Im laughing so hard and Im spitting up my coffee its so darn funny ;)
How many times does no need to be said for you to actually understand it?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
We do not need a forward.

The Blues have a 1st line and 2 third lines. They don’t have any true 2nd line players currently (Schenn, Hayes, Neighbors are 3rd liners imo)They have Snuggerud and Dvorsky as prospects who could full that roll, but they might also lose Buchnevich. I get that they need 2-3 top 4 Dman also, but I wouldn’t necessarily shoot down a potential top 6 players if it improves the team.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
The Blues have a 1st line and 2 third lines. They don’t have any true 2nd line players currently (Schenn, Hayes, Neighbors are 3rd liners imo)They have Snuggerud and Dvorsky as prospects who could full that roll, but they might also lose Buchnevich. I get that they need 2-3 top 4 Dman also, but I wouldn’t necessarily shoot down a potential top 6 players if it improves the team.
let me rephrase then. We do not need forward prospects, we have Snuggy, Dvorsky, Bolduc, Stenberg, Dean, and a handful of others. We Need Defensive Prospects that can play defense.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Nice player. Imagine if St. Louis didn't pull this trade off, instead of mediocre they would be a lottery candidate.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Nah, considering what Meier got last year, just Willander and a 1st for a better and cheaper player in Buch is more than fair.
He’s definitely not better imo. Meier is one of the best power forwards in the game. Buch might be better offensively but Meier is a unicorn with his physical ability’s.

JTRAIN1966

Jul 18, 2012
Imperial, Mo.

It doesn't matter how many puck moving D-men or, PPQBs you have on your blue line . If the forwards don't shoot or, at least screen a goalie...... that said D-man is useless .

With that being said...... we've got too many Mario Lemieux imposters ( minus the goal scoring ) when, we need at least a couple of Peter Forsberg & Chris Pronger types to help lead the way .

Another thing.....the leadership sucks on this team since, Petro & O'Reilly has been gone .

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
How many times does no need to be said for you to actually understand it?
I don't care that you are saying no. I care if you have an argument. Otherwise it's just a baseless opinion. Not looking for you to say yes and then email your gm.

It doesn't matter how many puck moving D-men or, PPQBs you have on your blue line . If the forwards don't shoot or, at least screen a goalie...... that said D-man is useless .

With that being said...... we've got too many Mario Lemieux imposters ( minus the goal scoring ) when, we need at least a couple of Peter Forsberg & Chris Pronger types to help lead the way .

Another thing.....the leadership sucks on this team since, Petro & O'Reilly has been gone .
How much would it take to pry Robert Thomas away from you?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
How much would it take to pry Robert Thomas away from you?
Thomas + Krug for Hughes + Petersson (C) + Miller + 2024 1st + 2025 1st + 2025 4th.

Separate deal because I'm feeling generous: Perunovich for Hronek + Hunter B.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
The Blues need the Buchnevich return to be paid in a specific currency and that's futures. Pick currency is the kind you need when you're looking to trade for an already established top pair D that a team would actually be willing to part with. Since Buchnevich is obviously not going to pull that quality of defender directly even with adds it would be in the Blues best interests to convert him into a futures return and then use that along with other high picks to package together to trade for the aforementioned top pair D. Talking in the neighborhood of (2) 1sts, (2) 2nds kind of hefty offer to shake somebody loose.

Doug Armstrong wants to make big changes to a D core with a bunch of NTC's and though he's loathe to go the buyout route he was stymied by Krug when he tried to trade him this past summer so he may actually be considering it this year. To date I think he's only done a couple of buyouts of the last year on a couple league min guys so anything more than that would be a pretty big change of pace. If he's considering buying out someone with a bigger contract like Krug then he's obviously not content to just sit back and let term burn off which also means he's probably looking at a potential Buch return to be futures he can use to trade for the D partner he needs for Parayko once he buys out Krug or trades somebody else. The Blues have quite a few contracts expiring already so he's actually got options since some of that can be backfilled up front with ELC's like Snuggerud, Dvorsky, Bolduc etc. Scandella expires as well on D and that's a 3.25 mil cap hit gone.

The point here is that a hockey trade is highly unlikely, as they typically are these days anyway, but especially in this instance where Armstrong would just be trying to avoid another 30+ contract while converting the trade value into the top pair D he's after. He's not going to want a D who may someday help his roster, time is pressing and he's in need right now so he's going to want a younger vet(25-28) who can pair Parayko and immediately provide some relief while dropping everyone else down a spot into a less demanding role.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
3 points in 16 games as a 22 year old. 12 in 61, Is that solid production in your world? clearly a top 6 forward.…..
i was under the impression he profiled as a good bottom 6 guy? maybe a bit of a letdown from where he was picked, but that is more of a reflection of him going maybe 10 spots too high than him underachieving.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I don't care that you are saying no. I care if you have an argument. Otherwise it's just a baseless opinion. Not looking for you to say yes and then email your gm.
You care enough to make dozens of posts trying to sell the same guy to the same people over and over.

Tage Thompson.... Not everyone will automatically be a top 6 producer at the age of 21/22.
Sure, but you can't expect that sort of late blossoming out of every player, and it's certainly not the type of prospect that should be the centerpiece of a package for a player of Buch's caliber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad