Value of: Pavel Buchnevich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'm hoping that was sarcasm. I think I've watched as many OHL games as Blues games this season. :laugh:
perhaps it was, but i didn't think so. as you imply, the games are available on the internet for anyone who really wants to see them. it's not like 10-20 years ago where they weren't easily accessible to fans, particularly if you were outside of Canada. Today we can watch games from Russia, Sweden, Canadian Jrs., etc.. anywhere with an internet connection, either live or on demand. and obviously many folks on here, other than that poster, do watch lots of games beyond the nhl and provide all of us with so much valuable insights.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Obviously not dude. No one on this board has ever watched a CHL game on TV, save maybe the mem cup final. Is that a joke?

You were saying about the game by game scouting reports though. Where do I see those?

You’ve been going to bat this hard without ever watching said player play?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Obviously not dude. No one on this board has ever watched a CHL game on TV, save maybe the mem cup final. Is that a joke?

You were saying about the game by game scouting reports though. Where do I see those?
:facepalm:

Bullshit. Not a joke. Plenty of people, myself included, watch OHL games to check out prospects.

It was somebody else who was talking about game by game reports, not me. Good luck learning about the player you are so certain the Blues need.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Someone mentioned Wallinder and a 1st, and that’s probably about right. It’s on the high-end of what you’d get regarding a D prospect.

Teams just don’t trade those types of prospects very often but Detroit has a stable of them. Especially with the way Anton Johansson and Tuomisto have evolved this season. Tuomisto has all but passed Wallinder on the prospect list, as he’s having a great season in the AHL. So they will end up trading 2-3 of their stable at some point. Gibson is having a great season in the Soo too, and Johansson in Grand Rapids is pretty much ready as well. Then obviously the two big names…

Yea, they’re loaded on the backend, so guys will be moved to fill out the NHL roster. The Blues may even prefer Johansson, as he’s about ready, and would likely play NHL games this spring, but certainly ready for camp. He’s slick. Lots of Rafalski in his game.

Buchnevich would solidify that last Top six piece for Detroit playing with Larkin and Raymond.

Now while I still believe Yzerman makes a big move on a pair carrying Dman, I would never rule out a trade like this, with the Blues.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
and there it is. sorry bud, but some of us actually do watch chl games. which is why we all keep telling you that your valuation of brz is so off.
How many have you watched? Are you watching all Canucks prospects? He's been pretty bad hey. Putting up historical numbers but I'm gonna trust you have watched his games and have a sense of how he compares to 100s of other prospects. I think I'll go with scouting reports over random dude (no offence).

That said though you talked about a game by game scouting report that you look at that I'd love to check out if it in fact exists. Can you share that?

Bullshit. Not a joke. Plenty of people, myself included, watch OHL games to check out prospects.

It was somebody else who was talking about game by game reports, not me. Good luck learning about the player you are so certain the Blues need.
Right so you are watching Canuck prospects regularly and you're so adept at scouting that you can tell a guy having a historically good productive season just isn't good.

Come on my man.

Ill just check with the top scouts and the prevailing reports over you again (no offence)

You’ve been going to bat this hard without ever watching said player play?
You'd never heard of said player until 5 days ago. But you know he's undersized, doesn't play defence, and cant skate. Yet scouting reports don't say that. And now every Blues fan is an OHL scout for the Canucks :naughty:

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
How many have you watched? Are you watching all Canucks prospects? He's been pretty bad hey. Putting up historical numbers but I'm gonna trust you have watched his games and have a sense of how he compares to 100s of other prospects. I think I'll go with scouting reports over random dude (no offence).

That said though you talked about a game by game scouting report that you look at that I'd love to check out if it in fact exists. Can you share that?

Right so you are watching Canuck prospects regularly and you're so adept at scouting that you can tell a guy having a historically good productive season just isn't good.

Come on my man.

Ill just check with the top scouts and the prevailing reports over you again (no offence)

You'd never heard of said player until 5 days ago. But you know he's undersized, doesn't play defence, and cant skate. Yet scouting reports don't say that. And now every Blues fan is an OHL scout for the Canucks :naughty:
Buchy retained fully and smqll add for wallinder and elias petterson.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Come on my man.

i can't tell if you are intentionally being obtuse or you are literally the dumbest poster on here. bye felicia.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Not sure if the Canucks are interested in
Buchnevich but 1st and Lekk wouldn’t be an outrageous ask. Don’t think they’d move Willander though.

Reactions: rea

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Not sure if the Canucks are interested in
Buchnevich but 1st and Lekk wouldn’t be an outrageous ask. Don’t think they’d move Willander though.
Its gotta be willander and 1st. Thats for 1.5 of buchy plus the retention or dump needed to make cap work

rea

Feb 8, 2011
How about elias petterson willander and a first 2025. With dump and retention.
For
Buch and 2nd 2024.
I'm assuming u mean the ep d and not ep star otherwise this is trolling. But for the sake of argument, I can't see the Canucks shipping willander at all based on how shallow their d prospect pool is. Ep d I'm sure could be added and the 1st for sure along w the dump in which case I don't think retention would be needed. But the most likely of JR level prospects to be dealt that are A quality if they were having to move one id assume it'd be lekk but I'm sure they'd push podz raty etc before that.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I'm assuming u mean the ep d and not ep star otherwise this is trolling. But for the sake of argument, I can't see the Canucks shipping willander at all based on how shallow their d prospect pool is. Ep d I'm sure could be added and the 1st for sure along w the dump in which case I don't think retention would be needed. But the most likely of JR level prospects to be dealt that are A quality if they were having to move one id assume it'd be lekk but I'm sure they'd push podz raty etc before that.
The defenseman prospect.

The defenseman prospect.
Willander and first or willander and petterson.

For buchy with retention and your cap dump. Thats pretty fair.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
The defenseman prospect.

Willander and first or willander and petterson.

For buchy with retention and your cap dump. Thats pretty fair.
Never said it wasnt. I just gave my reasoning why I feel the team wouldn't move on from their top d prospect, let alone their top 2. This ask would have to target a team with a deeper pool for sure, like a Detroit. If it was ep 1st and a fwd prospect and cap dump I can see the avenue being visited. Love buch, but unless a star was coming back I couldn't see them willingly moving willander. He was drafted by this regime whom targeted him, so it'd take quite a haul to get them to release their grip of him

Reactions: Petes2424

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Come on my man.

I was hoping the Blues had picked him the pick before he had gotten selected. But they went with the route of a two way defenseman, much like all of us have been telling you.

Scouting reports do say that, and most of them are the in depth scouting reports you find in video format with clips to provide situations in which they show.

Not every Blues fan is an OHL scout. Nor do any of us think that. And nobody said he can’t skate. If you’re speaking directly in regards to my comments I had said he’s not elite at anything. Skating isn’t an issue for him. But how many strictly puck moving d men that aren’t extremely elite in some aspect of their skating become much more than a 3rd pairing guy who bounces from team to team in throughout their 20s with some stints of hitting the AHL?

Also, here OHL Defensemen - Most Points per Game in a Single Season

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I'm with the rest here. It has to be either Willander or Wallinder and a 1st. Big ask but you're getting two playoff runs our of Buchnevich who, with retention, would offer the opportunity to add even more pieces in the process.

I like Willander more than Wallinder, but Detroit's D pool is significantly stronger than Vancouver's. If Detroit makes this trade and the Blues are able to retain enough that Detroit can add another piece. I think they become a true Cup threat.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I'm with the rest here. It has to be either Willander or Wallinder and a 1st. Big ask but you're getting two playoff runs our of Buchnevich who, with retention, would offer the opportunity to add even more pieces in the process.

I like Willander more than Wallinder, but Detroit's D pool is significantly stronger than Vancouver's. If Detroit makes this trade and the Blues are able to retain enough that Detroit can add another piece. I think they become a true Cup threat.
I think your 100% right. Teams will pay for buchy. Possibly over pay. He has 1.5 years and he will be the top get at tdl for contender.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I think your 100% right. Teams will pay for buchy. Possibly over pay. He has 1.5 years and he will be the top get at tdl for contender.

If we will trade Buchy at all. As long as we're in possession of a wildcard spot I don't see it happening, unless we lose the majority of our games in Febuary.

Godfather

Feb 13, 2004
There is NO reason to keep Buchy. He currently has this season and next contract wise, keep some $ and get that pick and top D prospect. We need to lose more games & get that top 10 pick additionally.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
There is NO reason to keep Buchy. He currently has this season and next contract wise, keep some $ and get that pick and top D prospect. We need to lose more games & get that top 10 pick additionally.
I agree with you. Get a top d prospect and another 1st. Keep building our team from youth better contracts longer window.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

This is the correct answer, but I highly doubt Army will trade him. My best guess is he would rather try to scratch out a playoff berth, than embrace the retool/rebuild.

We will get to watch more mediocrity.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I was hoping the Blues had picked him the pick before he had gotten selected. But they went with the route of a two way defenseman, much like all of us have been telling you.

Scouting reports do say that, and most of them are the in depth scouting reports you find in video format with clips to provide situations in which they show.

Not every Blues fan is an OHL scout. Nor do any of us think that. And nobody said he can’t skate. If you’re speaking directly in regards to my comments I had said he’s not elite at anything. Skating isn’t an issue for him. But how many strictly puck moving d men that aren’t extremely elite in some aspect of their skating become much more than a 3rd pairing guy who bounces from team to team in throughout their 20s with some stints of hitting the AHL?

Also, here OHL Defensemen - Most Points per Game in a Single Season
It's pretty hard for me to keep track of who I am talking to because there are like 8 of you replying to me.

If you wanted to draft him, and he's gone thermonuclear since, why wouldn't you want him now?

Based on the replies I'm getting, many Blues fans are claiming they watch OHL games. Which seems unrealistic. Not to mention are you watching Brzustewicz's games, him specifically in those games, can you compare it against anything specifically? The answer is almost certainly no. So again scouting reports and video analysis I will lean on over a Blues fan who claims to watch OHL and has a different report than majority of scouts.

The scouting reports I've seen and the scouting videos I've watched suggest he has excellent edges and deception. He isn't the fastest but has good mechanics that an NHL coach would love to work with (is what one report said). He's a plus skater overall. You're right not elite though. How many D-men are in that category? Fox, Subban, Bouchard, Hronek, Andersson, Hanifin to name a few.

I don't necessarily expect him to become a top 3 dman. But he certainly has that upside. Many said he was awful defensively, soft, undersized. None of that is in any scouting reports I've read.

Like I said only Ellis, DeAngelo and Clarke (and Parekh this yr as well) have managed to what he's doing this yr in the last 20 yrs.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
It's pretty hard for me to keep track of who I am talking to because there are like 8 of you replying to me.

If you wanted to draft him, and he's gone thermonuclear since, why wouldn't you want him now?

Based on the replies I'm getting, many Blues fans are claiming they watch OHL games. Which seems unrealistic. Not to mention are you watching Brzustewicz's games, him specifically in those games, can you compare it against anything specifically? The answer is almost certainly no. So again scouting reports and video analysis I will lean on over a Blues fan who claims to watch OHL and has a different report than majority of scouts.

The scouting reports I've seen and the scouting videos I've watched suggest he has excellent edges and deception. He isn't the fastest but has good mechanics that an NHL coach would love to work with (is what one report said). He's a plus skater overall. You're right not elite though. How many D-men are in that category? Fox, Subban, Bouchard, Hronek, Andersson, Hanifin to name a few.

I don't necessarily expect him to become a top 3 dman. But he certainly has that upside. Many said he was awful defensively, soft, undersized. None of that is in any scouting reports I've read.

Like I said only Ellis, DeAngelo and Clarke (and Parekh this yr as well) have managed to what he's doing this yr in the last 20 yrs.
Bro just drop it. The ask is willander and a 1st. If you dont like it then just say no deal. The blues fan base know exactly what we have and what we need. Brunz isnt s need or a want. Willander and 1st and capdmp for buchy and with small retention.

This seems to be the consensus

Last edited:
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

ToniJ1960

Feb 18, 2009

I told him he was lost in space then I saw him ask you that lol

Bro just drop it. The ask is willander and a 1st. If you dont like it then just say no deal. The blues fan base know exactly what we have and what we need. Brunz isnt s need or a want. Willander and 1st and capdmp for buchy and with small retention.

This seems to be the consensus
no hes sure he can get Parayko for a hamburger on Tuesday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad