Value of: Pavel Buchnevich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
This team is in a position to win potentially. You absolutely would sell futures to improve. Especially for a guy like Buchnevich who has another yr at a fairly cheap aav. Obv don't want to gut the prospect pipeline but some guy can go and given Alvin's record in trades and Rutherford's they wont be afraid to move guys.

I'd be pretty stoked as a Canuck fan. Brz does look really good but with Hughes as our captain we don't even necessarily need his profile. The Blues however def could use him.

We have two of the profile playing regular minutes for us. One lost 3 years to injury and the other everyone wants to ship out of town.

Personally prefer Pettersson over him.

However, wouldn’t be too thrilled with moving Buch this season without Willander in return. Can imagine Buch at 2.9 for two runs could fetch a premium return if that’s the direction the Blues want to go.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
We have two of the profile playing regular minutes for us. One lost 3 years to injury and the other everyone wants to ship out of town.

Personally prefer Pettersson over him.

However, wouldn’t be too thrilled with moving Buch this season without Willander in return. Can imagine Buch at 2.9 for two runs could fetch a premium return if that’s the direction the Blues want to go.
You are talking about Perunovich? 25 yrs old still hasn't established himself? And Krug? 32 and on the downside. Absolutely an 18 yr old high end offensive prospect would look good in St Louis.

If you are set on D-Petey I'm sure that could be possible too though. Willander wouldn't be on the table in this type of deal. Only possible way you trade a guy like that is for a young player with a multiple extra yrs of team control.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
You are talking about Perunovich? 25 yrs old still hasn't established himself? And Krug? 32 and on the downside. Absolutely an 18 yr old high end offensive prospect would look good in St Louis.

If you are set on D-Petey I'm sure that could be possible too though. Willander wouldn't be on the table in this type of deal. Only possible way you trade a guy like that is for a young player with a multiple extra yrs of team control.

If you’re basing it on age range sure. But I’m basing it off of moreso the want of an offensive minded guy on the backend. Heck, the Blues picked right before the Bruscewitz pick and grabbed a more two way defensive oriented guy.

Reactions: Blueswin

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
If you’re basing it on age range sure. But I’m basing it off of moreso the want of an offensive minded guy on the backend. Heck, the Blues picked right before the Bruscewitz pick and grabbed a more two way defensive oriented guy.
yeah, there's a reason guy like Bruscewitz was still on board into 3rd. smaller do who lack elite skills don't have much value. bigger d who lack them do. and piling up points on loaded chl team doesn't change that.

Last edited:

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
And they're probably killing themselves for it. I realize Perunovich has a bit of upside and Krug is whatever but Brzu is 18 he's a few yrs away anyway. The Blues are one of about 5-6 teams who just don't have a good PP QB option.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
And they're probably killing themselves for it. I realize Perunovich has a bit of upside and Krug is whatever but Brzu is 18 he's a few yrs away anyway. The Blues are one of about 5-6 teams who just don't have a good PP QB option.

Hard pass. There's more PMDs in the draft every year. No need to put a premium on them, they're readily available.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

We don’t have a shooter on the powerplay. The puck moves around just fine. Perunovich has actually been really good at quarterbacking the PP.

When every goal has to be a tic tac toe for a team to shoot the puck a QB isn’t going to save much.

I doubt they’re too concerned about it. They’re moving heavily towards trying to return to big two way pillars. The experiment didn’t work

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
We don’t have a shooter on the powerplay. The puck moves around just fine. Perunovich has actually been really good at quarterbacking the PP.

When every goal has to be a tic tac toe for a team to shoot the puck a QB isn’t going to save much.

I doubt they’re too concerned about it. They’re moving heavily towards trying to return to big two way pillars. The experiment didn’t work
A good QB will not just move the puck along but will get you shots. I can't really think of any good PP guy for the Blues in the new era of hockey. I think you might just be mired in low expectations.

Hard pass. There's more PMDs in the draft every year. No need to put a premium on them, they're readily available.
I mean there are no. 1 centers and goalies and everything in the draft each yr. But you don't know what you're going to get or how theyll pan out. Within another yr or two if Brz trajectory keep climbing he wont be available for any price. Teams basically never trade high end or sure bet defensive prospects.

apollo18

Oct 20, 2018
Buch - Petey - Kuzmenko/Mikh
Boeser - Miller - Mikheyev/Kuz
Garland - Joshua - Blueger
Hoglander - Suter - Laffert

would be pretty insane if we could make it work without trading a f

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Buchnevich at half retained, Hayes and Parayko for a grab bag of assets?

Raty, Klimovich, lil' Pettersson, Brzustewicz, this years first, next years first (conditional on, say, some low bar to clear like making the playoffs or something), Kuzmenko (or the assets he fields to another team), Myers and one of our UFA signings (I say Blueger, compared to Suter or Cole for example).

Four B prospects (averaging the score here), two firsts and a full compliment of replacement players, and the cap is a wash. Vancouver does a one stop shop to improve every area they are searching for (top six winger, center and a top four RHD) for two years, but does this move the needle enough for St Louis?
So our most valuable trade piece with multi year retention, one of the 3 pieces we actually would want to build around and probably our 2nd most valuable trade piece (sadly) for a grab bag of stuff? Ohhh baby, don't oversell me. If you have to offer 9 pieces, its not a good deal. Quantity does not match quality. No thank you at all. That is bad. We are basically getting worse at every position while keeping the cap the same (that is your sale's pitch) for a bunch of meh prospects and late firsts. Yuck.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
A good QB will not just move the puck along but will get you shots. I can't really think of any good PP guy for the Blues in the new era of hockey. I think you might just be mired in low expectations.

I mean there are no. 1 centers and goalies and everything in the draft each yr. But you don't know what you're going to get or how theyll pan out. Within another yr or two if Brz trajectory keep climbing he wont be available for any price. Teams basically never trade high end or sure bet defensive prospects.
We have Buchinger that basically does the same thing if we want a smallish power play guy with defensive deficiencies or can sign a free agent out of the NCAA. So how about Brock Boeser 50% retained for Buchinger and our first?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Within another yr or two if Brz trajectory keep climbing he wont be available for any price. Teams basically never trade high end or sure bet defensive prospects.
Keep him then.

If Vancouver wants a retained Buchnevich and Willander & Pettersson (D prospect, not C) are off the table then it’s a very easy pass IMO. Would want another high quality asset with Pettersson as well.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Torey Krug is the prototypical PPQB, only difference is his skating is t up to par with the new age top guys like Makar and Hughes. But neither is Bruscewitz

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Keep him then.

If Vancouver wants a retained Buchnevich and Willander & Pettersson (D prospect, not C) are off the table then it’s a very easy pass IMO. Would want another high quality asset with Pettersson as well.
if we get petterson instead of willander in buchy deal, i think we need lekkerimaki too.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Torey Krug is the prototypical PPQB, only difference is his skating is t up to par with the new age top guys like Makar and Hughes. But neither is Bruscewitz
He's def not prototypical. When he plays he's pretty average. And he isn't reliable enough to play 80+% of games.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
We have Buchinger that basically does the same thing if we want a smallish power play guy with defensive deficiencies or can sign a free agent out of the NCAA. So how about Brock Boeser 50% retained for Buchinger and our first?
Buchinger looks ok. Brz is leading the OHL in scoring. I can't remember that ever happening. Plus of course we have Quinn Hughes. And Hronek. We aren't in need of a PPQB. I would def consider consider a top 10 pick + for Boeser though.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Keep him then.

I don't think we need retention and D-Petey would def be on the table. I'm just making the point Brz is a really good fit. The counter is Krug and Perunovich which isn't a strong case. The Blues need a PPQB now and most definitely in the future.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I don't think we need retention and D-Petey would def be on the table. I'm just making the point Brz is a really good fit. The counter is Krug and Perunovich which isn't a strong case. The Blues need a PPQB now and most definitely in the future.
It would be D-Petey as Brz are already in our system and not hard to come by. I think anyone could give the puck to Carson Rehkopf and have 30-40 assists and he’s just one of their weapons.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
It would be D-Petey as Brz are already in our system and not hard to come by. I think anyone could give the puck to Carson Rehkopf and have 30-40 assists and he’s just one of their weapons.
Really weird take. You are talking about a historically good offensive season by a prospect as something that is "not hard to come by". Not to mention the Blues don't have a good PPQB. So clearly they are somewhat hard to come by. 5-6 teams in the league don't have one and the Blues are one of them.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Really weird take. You are talking about a historically good offensive season by a prospect as something that is "not hard to come by". Not to mention the Blues don't have a good PPQB. So clearly they are somewhat hard to come by. 5-6 teams in the league don't have one and the Blues are one of them.
We are good. Thank you. Many a player has had dominant seasons as we currently have a smallish Hobey Baker winner that doesn’t move the needle.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Then just give us Hughes as you have his replacement in house. Work on his statue out front too. Sorry don’t see a player there. Not impressed his draft year, not impressed with stats in junior on a loaded team. Weird take that you won’t take no for answer on a player everyone passed on for a reason. He has major holes in his game.

Reactions: stl76

hockeyplayer999

Dec 27, 2021
Rangers offer up Bonino and a 2nd. Close in value to the Blais and a 2nd. We will throw in lescshyshn to sweeten the deal

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Then just give us Hughes as you have his replacement in house. Work on his statue out front too. Sorry don’t see a player there. Not impressed his draft year, not impressed with stats in junior on a loaded team. Weird take that you won’t take no for answer on a player everyone passed on for a reason. He has major holes in his game.
You can't even make an argument for the value of anyone on your own team without the other side assuming you are polishing a turd. The guy is a great prospect thats it. And the season he's having is very exciting. It looks a lot more impressive than what D-Petey is doing. You could have him instead. It just seems like a better fit for both sides to go with Hunter.

Hahaha the guy is leading the entire league in points as a defensemen and you're not impressed. I can't think of a more obtuse thing to say. What would possibly impress you if that doesn't.

Anyway it's not that I'm not taking no for an answer. I'm just making the honest case (in my mind) that Brzustewicz is a higher end prospect than D-Petey and he fits your club better than D Petey. Out of curiosity what do you like about D-Petey? Do have an honest read on a defensive dman from Sweden? And what are Brzustewicz's major holes (besides how annoying his last name is to spell).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad