Value of: Pavel Buchnevich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Just what the Jets need… another left handed winger.
Sure glad we don’t need anything else, like a 2C or top 4 RHD… nope let’s spend assets and cap on another left handed winger

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Bring him back to the Rangers! KZB

I’d be open to Kakko + Jones.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He's a tad arrogant and makes this place unbearable at times.

Oh you meant the NHL player. My bad.
1705122850168.jpeg

Reactions: AirGut

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
The asking price is crazy. A 1st, a blue chip defensive prospect with top pair potential? Bo Horvat who is very similiar went for a 1st (top 12 protected), a top 9 forward, and a mid tier prospect.

Fans really do over value their players.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
The asking price is crazy. A 1st, a blue chip defensive prospect with top pair potential? Bo Horvat who is very similiar went for a 1st (top 12 protected), a top 9 forward, and a mid tier prospect.

Just to reiterate what Majorityof1 said in post #24, we're not expecting Nemec, just a guy who's projecting to be a top-4 defenseman but has an outside chance to be a nr 2 if everything breaks right. As a comparable, think Blues prospect Theo Lindstein. Add a (probably) 20+ first round pick and one or 2 other pieces,

I don't think that's a crazy ask for Buchnevich who's on a really good contract. Also, if the Blues are willing to move Buchnevich that probably means we've decided the retool will take another year and thus potentially retaining is an option as long as that increases the value coming back.

Reactions: southsider

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
No, that's way too much.

Idk, yes its alot of value but your talking about a PPG forward at a good cost for another year.

Maybe I'm going to the (reasonable) max, but with where our team is positioned I'd be willing to put our best foot forward. I think him & Eriksson Ek are good targets to give alot of value for as far as non-rentals go.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
He's a pretty average poster with some strange hot takes, but he does post a gem now and again.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Bo Horvat was a pending UFA, Buch has an extra year on a good value contract. And we aren't asking for the top 9 player. So how much better than a mid tier prospect does adding the extra year and subtracting the top 9 player get you? If you don't like the ask, don't make the trade. With the extra year, we can wait.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Brzustewicz
Hoglander
2025 1st

For

Buchnevich @ 30% retention

I’m not sure if you have read any of the Buchnevich threads. The Blues need LHD. The general ask is a 1st + good LHD prospect.

I think William Wallinder type prospect and a 1st.

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

I don't think any of us really want to trade him so if we don't get a very specific thing we're totally fine keeping him. If he does get traded it has to be to improve our D.

Reactions: HighNote

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I’m not sure if you have read any of the Buchnevich threads. The Blues need LHD. The general ask is a 1st + good LHD prospect.

I think William Wallinder type prospect and a 1st.

Actually. This isn’t bad. A RHD with similar potential is just as good as a LHD. We only have Kessell in the system whi is a RHD.

We are talking about a player who is 2 years away so, and we have a ton of LHD.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Oilers 2024 1st(I would do unprotected but it rarely happens anymore) 2026 2nd(conditional on him re-signing in Edmonton) and Phillip Broberg(LHD) for Buchnevich @50%
The higher pay grades can figure out the cap

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Oilers 2024 1st(I would do unprotected but it rarely happens anymore) 2026 2nd(conditional on him re-signing in Edmonton) and Phillip Broberg(LHD) for Buchnevich @50%
The higher pay grades can figure out the cap

I would rather go with some of the other offers at this point. Broberg is almost a toss in, according to Edmonton fans. I think we could get a better d prospect from another team, and while Edmonton seems to be on the outside of the playoffs, they have turned the season around and with Buch, I think it becomes a late first rounder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad