Value of: Pavel Buchnevich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I would rather go with some of the other offers at this point. Broberg is almost a toss in, according to Edmonton fans. I think we could get a better d prospect from another team, and while Edmonton seems to be on the outside of the playoffs, they have turned the season around and with Buch, I think it becomes a late first rounder.
I'm not high on Broberg but in no way is he cracking the line up when the team is 17-3. )The Oilers left side is locked up with Nurse, Ekholm, and Kulak.) From all accounts he's playing 25 minutes a night and doing very well in the AHL.
Edmonton is in a playoff spot with 3-4 games in hand on everyone they are chasing to move higher up.

But I appreciate that you would want a lower 1st and a better prospect. I certainly would as well, but that is the best I can see the Oilers offering

Reactions: SRHRangers

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
That’s probably an unrealistic ask. These guys with real top pair potential are usually the D drafted in the top 10 that are trending in the right direction.

I could see a first and a great D prospect that is trending well and is going to be a good top 4.

The asking price is crazy. A 1st, a blue chip defensive prospect with top pair potential? Bo Horvat who is very similiar went for a 1st (top 12 protected), a top 9 forward, and a mid tier prospect.

Fans really do over value their players.

It happens.

IMG_2716.jpeg

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
When we say bluechip, to me, we’re talking about the Nemec, Reinbacher, Hughes, Sanderson, Jiricik of this world. Faber is also a big outlier. Nothing about his pre-draft from progression showed he had « it » in him.

Pretty sure the poster who stated that clarified his position clearly. You seem to be the only one bringing up these names.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
When we say bluechip, to me, we’re talking about the Nemec, Reinbacher, Hughes, Sanderson, Jiricik of this world. Faber is also a big outlier. Nothing about his pre-draft from progression showed he had « it » in him.
We're not looking for a Nemec or Sanderson like prospect. We're looking for a Faber or Mukhamadullin like prospect.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Pretty sure the poster who stated that clarified his position clearly. You seem to be the only one bringing up these names.
If you took the time to read you would have seen he specified after my reply but I guess its too hard to do isn’t it

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Buchnevich at half retained, Hayes and Parayko for a grab bag of assets?

Raty, Klimovich, lil' Pettersson, Brzustewicz, this years first, next years first (conditional on, say, some low bar to clear like making the playoffs or something), Kuzmenko (or the assets he fields to another team), Myers and one of our UFA signings (I say Blueger, compared to Suter or Cole for example).

Four B prospects (averaging the score here), two firsts and a full compliment of replacement players, and the cap is a wash. Vancouver does a one stop shop to improve every area they are searching for (top six winger, center and a top four RHD) for two years, but does this move the needle enough for St Louis?

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Detroit seems to have the assets to pull off a deal for Buch, and the history of trading with us. Maybe Wallinder + 1st or Wallinder and Berrgren

Why hasn’t Berrgren been able to stick with the Wings?

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

Raty, Klimovich, lil' Pettersson, Brzustewicz, this years first, next years first (conditional on, say, some low bar to clear like making the playoffs or something), Kuzmenko (or the assets he fields to another team), Myers and one of our UFA signings (I say Blueger, compared to Suter or Cole for example).

Four B prospects (averaging the score here), two firsts and a full compliment of replacement players, and the cap is a wash. Vancouver does a one stop shop to improve every area they are searching for (top six winger, center and a top four RHD) for two years, but does this move the needle enough for St Louis?

I don’t see anyway Parayko is part of a Buchnevich trade. He certainly wouldn’t be a throw in for a grab bag of assets. He’s clearly the Blues best D and he also has a full NTC.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I don’t see anyway Parayko is part of a Buchnevich trade. He certainly wouldn’t be a throw in for a grab bag of assets. He’s clearly the Blues best D and he also has a full NTC.
I did miss the NTC. Parayko is far from a throw in though, Hayes could be argued is a throw in, but even then, a first and two reasonably solid prospects for each of Buch and Parayko was the bulk of the deal. If Parayko is some one that Blues fans would rather keep, I get it, Faulk could be of some (although less) interest too if he's any more available.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I did miss the NTC. Parayko is far from a throw in though, Hayes could be argued is a throw in, but even then, a first and two reasonably solid prospects for each of Buch and Parayko was the bulk of the deal. If Parayko is some one that Blues fans would rather keep, I get it, Faulk could be of some (although less) interest too if he's any more available.

If I had to guess, Faulk would be higher on the tradable list for Army than Parayko.

None of the prospects you listed are big needle movers. Raty Is a good prospect.

Again though, if Buchnevich is traded, the return should be a LHD somewhere around the same quality as William Wallinder of Detroit.

You list Pettersson who’s a LHD, but doesn’t move the needle

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If I had to guess, Faulk would be higher on the tradable list for Army than Parayko.

None of the prospects you listed are big needle movers. Raty Is a good prospect.

Again though, if Buchnevich is traded, the return should be a LHD somewhere around the same quality as William Wallinder of Detroit.

You list Pettersson who’s a LHD, but doesn’t move the needle
Well when I'm beat, I'm beat. We don't have a LHD of that calibre that would be available.

Reactions: PettersonHughes

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

Brzustewicz and a 1st round Buch would be my ask for Buch from the Nucks.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
we would take rhd if he were good enough, such as willander, we aren't THAT picky.
Willander and Lekkerimaki will not be moved. This isn't a hard ball play, but our GM gets visibly excited when they come up around him. I did include the best prospects available, in multitude, in my offer though, I'm not trying to lowball the Blues fans here over their three very, very good players.
That's great, he was included in my offer, but granted it was part of a bigger package from each side. Is that another no on the extended offer I had then?
Yeah, I know I said no about him a few days ago, but, I'm starting to warm up to him as a target if the Blues do trade with Vancouver.
The guy wasn't super well known, but his point total this year is simply impressive. The guy could be an amazing PMD if he beefs up a few weaknesses he has, but as a prospect, he looks amazing right now.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Buchnevich would be appealing, but from a Canucks perspective I'm hoping GM is firm about not moving any of the top prospects (Willander, Lekkerimaki, Hunter, D-Petey).

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Buchnevich would be appealing, but from a Canucks perspective I'm hoping GM is firm about not moving any of the top prospects (Willander, Lekkerimaki, Hunter, D-Petey).
This team is in a position to win potentially. You absolutely would sell futures to improve. Especially for a guy like Buchnevich who has another yr at a fairly cheap aav. Obv don't want to gut the prospect pipeline but some guy can go and given Alvin's record in trades and Rutherford's they wont be afraid to move guys.

I'd be pretty stoked as a Canuck fan. Brz does look really good but with Hughes as our captain we don't even necessarily need his profile. The Blues however def could use him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad