Player Discussion: Patrik Laine IVever: a new hope? (Laine out of PAP, trade request still stands)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016

This is not even true anymore. Give them break. Laine first broke elbow, then Danfort & Boqvist are out, followed by Werenski, Gudbransson and Blankenburg. And now Laine again.

What next? Johnny out for the season? Boone breaks his back again?

Edit: forgot Voracek. Out of their 4 highest paid skaters, 3 are out. See you guys in the tank thread! Even @Viqsi has to join tank platoon now...

Last edited:

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
It's funny because Sillinger was the one I was worried about after that collision (I guess Laine was "seen limping" but Silly seemed to get the bigger hit). So of course Laine is the one with the injury.

Could open the opportunity to try Johnson with Johnny. The team has played better as of late but what do we have to lose at this point...

Reactions: VT and Halberdier

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This is not even true anymore. Give them break. Laine first broke elbow, then Danfort & Boqvist are out, followed by Werenski, Gudbransson and Blankenburg. And now Laine again.

What next? Johnny out for the season? Boone breaks his back again?

Edit: forgot Voracek. Out of their 4 highest paid skaters, 3 are out. See you guys in the tank thread! Even @Viqsi has to join tank platoon now...
Here are the circumstances under which I will support a team full-on-tanking (that is, stripping everything down to the bare frame to try to force more losing):
  • The team in question is one I hate and which I want to see condemned to a decade or more of consistent failure
That's it. That's the list. And I don't hate the Blue Jackets. I could never hate my boys.

• Love
Reactions: Halberdier

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Here are the circumstances under which I will support a team full-on-tanking (that is, stripping everything down to the bare frame to try to force more losing):
  • The team in question is one I hate and which I want to see condemned to a decade or more of consistent failure
That's it. That's the list. And I don't hate the Blue Jackets. I could never hate my boys.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that.

More of let the nature take care of things and see where the cards land

At what point do we say that Laine might be injury prone?

He’s had that concern for few years now I’d say

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don’t think anyone is suggesting that.

More of let the nature take care of things and see where the cards land
Any time you see somebody suggest we need to lose more games or lamenting wins (i.e. implying that we should have "done something" to ensure a lower position), that's basically where they're pointing.

I can live with "see where the cards land". It's the "force failure" position I will never have any time or patience for.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Any time you see somebody suggest we need to lose more games or lamenting wins (i.e. implying that we should have "done something" to ensure a lower position), that's basically where they're pointing.

I can live with "see where the cards land". It's the "force failure" position I will never have any time or patience for.

I think there can still be a difference what they mean.

For me it’s just about reality. They were the last team in the East with a healthy lineup and now 3 key pieces will be missing time longterm.
On a conference that’s incredible strong it’s about impossible to make a push that makes sense.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think there can still be a difference what they mean.

For me it’s just about reality. They were the last team in the East with a healthy lineup and now 3 key pieces will be missing time longterm.
On a conference that’s incredible strong it’s about impossible to make a push that makes sense.
I thnk of it more as "never stop trying to win, even if that result is pretty damned unlikely at this point."

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I thnk of it more as "never stop trying to win, even if that result is pretty damned unlikely at this point."

Sure, as long as that doesn’t mean them doing something stupid while trying to achieve that.

So let the nature take care of things and see what happens.

Reactions: Viqsi

Halberdier

May 14, 2016

I fully agree with the sentiment. I have never liked the idea of tanking. Just right now quite rough road is to be expected. Not by deliberately losing, but unless Jarmo makes a lot of trades (which he absolutely should not do, unless it's about trading out pieces) team is going down. I want to see them play good hockey and learn as they go, but my hopes for playoff run have been totally vanished some time ago.

Just show some development on coaching side of things, some individual progress for the guys and some good moments scoring and winning here and there.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
At what point do we say that Laine might be injury prone?

Somewhere around 20-21, I guess. Though 18-19 was already worrying.

His 16-17, 17-18 and 19-20 seasons were mostly injury free, though 19-20 postseason ended right away with an injury.

Some themes like with his back had been recurring theme, but maybe these elbow and ankle injuries are just bad luck? Crap like that happens sometimes.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
He's gonna go off soon and keep rolling.

Did you mean go off the ice? Not trolling Laine, just trolling this God-forsaken season.
And keep rolling
1668463108186.jpeg

Reactions: Halberdier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad