Player Discussion: Patrik Laine IVever: a new hope? (Laine out of PAP, trade request still stands)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
"Most likely, the goal gun will go with him to his hometown, because with the help of the man, it is good to market NHL puck. Laine’s autograph and joint photo are a hot currency among junkies and a little older too."

lol
That's hilarious!

My personal favourite might be this: "[Laine has] Tatti on the forehead"

Tatti indeed... Tatti is Finnish for fungus like penny bun, and it's an euphemism for certain organ only ~50% of people has. Idiom means he is really, really pissed about the situation.

• Haha
Reactions: Marioesque

HockeyFinn

Feb 11, 2019
My prediction is that he’ll play in Finland but avoids contact, just finding shooting lanes where Johnny can find him. He’ll end up scoring 9 goals, Columbus realizes this is how he should play and stops this power forward nonsense. Columbus wins the Stanley Cup.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Sprains are weird. Sometimes you can play right through them without further risk of injury, sometimes they can be worse than an outright break and take months to rehab.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Based on what exactly? We dont know how Laine feels physically, no major damage was done or he'd be out significantly longer and hes been shooting for awhile now.
I had a similar injury when I fell while skiing. Took over a month to get it right. Yes, athletes have better rehab, but at the same time they use their arm.
Well, besides that, I'm scared of losing him again.

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
Based on what exactly? We dont know how Laine feels physically, no major damage was done or he'd be out significantly longer and hes been shooting for awhile now.
What do you mean? This gentleman is most probably Patrik Laine´s doctor. How could he otherwise say it´s too early? ;)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I had a similar injury when I fell while skiing. Took over a month to get it right. Yes, athletes have better rehab, but at the same time they use their arm.
Well, besides that, I'm scared of losing him again.
Its a case by case thing cant really compare your own experiences. Heres a video youd expect the player to be out for quite awhile and he came back the same game.

Edit: For people who dont like seeing things bend the wrong way, do not watch :laugh:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Its a case by case thing cant really compare your own experiences. Heres a video youd expect the player to be out for quite awhile and he came back the same game.

Probably you are right. Maybe I'm scared for nothing.

Reactions: LJ7

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I wonder if the Jackets' relatively easy schedule from now on also affected the decision. We play Arizona today, then Boston on Friday, and the Devils on Sunday, before heading to Finland (so +5 days of rest). This is a pretty ideal return schedule in my layman's mind, some rest after the first game back, no back to backs - maybe he won't be shooting too hard today or the rest of this week, but can still contribute in other ways...

On the other hand I doubt the front office would take any major risks just to get a few extra games if there was a big chance of making it worse.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Sprains are weird. Sometimes you can play right through them without further risk of injury, sometimes they can be worse than an outright break and take months to rehab.
This summer I had a crazy streak of bad luck and sprained my right ankle at muay thai class, and 3 weeks later I sprained my left ankle while sailing. The right one was OK in a month, but my left ankle is still bothering me. 1 month vs 4 months, with seemingly the same level of damage when it happened.

Reactions: LJ7

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I wonder if the Jackets' relatively easy schedule from now on also affected the decision. We play Arizona today, then Boston on Friday, and the Devils on Sunday, before heading to Finland (so +5 days of rest). This is a pretty ideal return schedule in my layman's mind, some rest after the first game back, no back to backs - maybe he won't be shooting too hard today or the rest of this week, but can still contribute in other ways...

On the other hand I doubt the front office would take any major risks just to get a few extra games if there was a big chance of making it worse.

Playing him against AZ either means

1) he's 100% healthy.

2) they're all morons.

He might end up shooting a lot today! Based on my experience with hyperextensions, it's the shooting that is hard on the tendons.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Playing him against AZ either means

1) he's 100% healthy.

2) they're all morons.

He might end up shooting a lot today! Based on my experience with hyperextensions, it's the shooting that is hard on the tendons.

I believe it’s the 1st.

He’s been shooting for days and no setbacks have been reported that I know of.

Damm good news for Columbus& well of course the entire Finland

Reactions: Halberdier and LJ7

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
Probably you are right. Maybe I'm scared for nothing.

When they say it's going to be a certain amount of time and then it turns out to be only like half of three-quarters of that time, it's natural to be concerned that someone - be it player, team, doctors - is rushing. For what it's worth, the moment I heard he'd be back tonight, my initial reaction was "Oh crap, I hope they're not rushing it." So I'm in the same boat with you.

Reactions: VT

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Good game both ends but no points. The most important thing is that he is healed. If his shot was a bit off, that's hard to tell. But if you can shoot 92+ mph during the heat of the game, I suppose you are OK.

Now just build more chemistry with Johnny and get some points to boost confidence. Whether the center is Jenner or Roslovic, positive things should happen on O-zone. I would still love to see Johnson tested there, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad