Player Discussion: Patrik Laine IVever: a new hope? (Laine out of PAP, trade request still stands)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Didn’t look bad, would be surprised if it’s a broken bone, but you never know, sometimes minor looking impacts cause more damage than you’d think. Hopefully just a strain/minor sprain type thing.

Let's hope for the best. I didn't see that replay first as I said the Carolina color guys missed the injury entirely, but on "live" (actually recorded) I saw it from different angle, and it looked way worse.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Didn’t look bad, would be surprised if it’s a broken bone, but you never know, sometimes minor looking impacts cause more damage than you’d think. Hopefully just a strain/minor sprain type thing.

When the arm bends the wrong way even a few inches, that can easily be a torn ligament and half the season lost.

Reactions: GoJackets1

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

Looks like elbow got hyperextended. If that's it, it'd probably be a couple weeks out. I'll take that any day over shoulder or wrist injury.

Reactions: DougKnowsBest

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009

So this probably means nothing is broken. I feel like if it was, it would be pretty apparent by now

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
counterpoint: the blue jackets have yet to run any tests on my heart, which definitely broke when laine skated back to the bench
Me too. I shouted out loud when I saw his agony, probably waking up some of my family members.

I am still puzzled how the Carolina color guys were so unaware of the situation.

Last edited:

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
counterpoint: the blue jackets have yet to run any tests on my heart, which definitely broke when laine skated back to the bench
That's the feed I was watching (no alternative) and I still haven't seen the replay. I don't believe they ever showed it, and if they did I missed it. I don't really feel like seeking it out, either.

Reactions: Viqsi

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017

So this probably means nothing is broken. I feel like if it was, it would be pretty apparent by now

I take that as good news! My heart sank when I saw Laine hunch over holding his arm after the hit.

I tried to stay positive and think of a personal experience from playing hockey. I once hyperextended my elbow playing hockey – I was pushed to the ice in front of the goal, had my arm extended when I braced myself against the ice and had a player skate right into it with a knee right at that moment. Scary moment, it hurt like hell, then my arm went numb for 20-30 minutes. It was sore for a week, but totally fine after that. I'm not comparing this to Laine's injury (which may be worse), but I know that it hurt like a b%&/h and scared me at that moment, but it turned out to be pretty harmless.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Did they say they already did the MRI?

And we're not expecting to see broken bones anyways. From a hyperextension you can lose months from ligament damage which isn't as easy to see as broken bones.

Reactions: behemolari
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad