Player Discussion: Patrik Laine IVever: a new hope? (Laine out of PAP, trade request still stands)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Just saw the news - man this is a real bummer to start the season. Hopefully this will at least mean someone like KJ or Marchenko gets called up.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
Curses don’t exist! Come on people. Seriously

As we all know, our thoughts become our reality. E=mc2. Matter, energy, thought are all the same thing. So this is actually our faults for manifesting injuries onto patty by our kvetching all off season.

The only cure is high vibrations and positive thoughts towards laine. No point in blaming dead convicts.

Ps. I like how now that he is all cut up and ripped. The turtle neck protector he wears looks like a hemp necklace on laine now.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Freaking team is cursed after building on the haunted Ohio State Penitentiary grounds. Inaugural game was the dead giveaway.
The arena is actually built on a parking lot.

Boston's Pizza, Ted's Montana Grill, the offices, and the condos on the south side of NW Blvd are what would be haunted/cursed or whatever you want to call it.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
That's promising! I don't expect him to take full power shots in a while, he puts a lot of weight on that arm when flexing the stick for a shot, so it has to be pretty well healed before he can start taking them.

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
Didn't Laine have some injury last year where he came back well before the expected timeline? Maybe he's just one of those guys that heal quick. My step dad's rehab time for any given injury or procedure is usually 75% or less of the expected "minimum" time. Meanwhile, I got mosquito bites from August that are still bothering me.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Didn't Laine have some injury last year where he came back well before the expected timeline? Maybe he's just one of those guys that heal quick. My step dad's rehab time for any given injury or procedure is usually 75% or less of the expected "minimum" time. Meanwhile, I got mosquito bites from August that are still bothering me.
Well he is an athlete so he will heal faster than the average person. That said if there is no structural damage its probably hard to really guess a timeline but its drastically lower than worst case scenario that could have happened during that play.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Looks like automatic translations of Finnish are still a bit lacking. ;) It's gotten a lot better over the years but here's summary/a couple of clarifications from the original article:

He says the public knows the severity and the location of the injury quite well, it's in the elbow area. Gets better with time. Healing up well so far but no timetable to return yet.

On a scale of 1-10, he comes in at 15, aka bloody annoyed.

He says he had a good summer, good camp, and everyone was excited to start the season, and then the injury strikes. He's skating and doing leg workouts, a little bit of upper body workouts too, and doesn't want to lose his good physical fitness.

Hopes to play in Tampere but nothing has been decided, and he doesn't know if he'll travel with the team if he's not healthy.

Not a whole lot of new info however it's easy to read between the lines that he's (still) fired up for the season.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Laine will 100% travel with the team, and then tell the coach that he will play one-armed if it comes to that. Laine will score a one-handed backhand and dish out two assists while avoiding all contact except sly slashings and hip checks. The crowd will cheer and Laine will celebrate with a chicken wing dinner. If all of these things come true, I am the Nostradamus of ice hockey :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad