Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
I can't take that stupid grin off my face. Amazing trade, I see no risk and for a very high potential reward.

This could be a Kovalev 2.0 kind of move.
the-big-lebowski-jeff-bridges.jpg

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
Too many folks are seeing 9 points in 18 games and the injury time missed and thinking he's a guy who needs to slowly be moved in like Monahan was.

It's a 26 year old who got successful shoulder surgery and was a point per game player the two seasons prior. He just needs training camp and exhibition to be ready.

If all goes right he's the Habs top winger before the snow fall.

It just doesnt make any sense play him outside top 6, he does not have skillset willingness, playing style or tools for that. He is offensive minded sniper and skilled playmaker and lives from goals, you want him gather confidence for scoring and generating scoring chances.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Do we have a scouting report on Laine? I know his shot is great and he has at least good puck handling, but how’s the rest of his game?

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Slafkovsky — Suzuki — Laine
Newhook — Dach — Caufield
Roy — Dvorak — Gallagher
RHP — Evans — Armia
Anderson

Thoughts? Any changes? We obviously still have some fat to trim with Anderson, Gally, Dvorak, and Armia. I don’t mind Gally in a 4th line role because of his preference. I just wish he was making $2M and not $6.5M.

Do you guys think Beck could make the team and replace Dvorak at 3C? I would love to see that.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Slafkovsky — Suzuki — Laine
Newhook — Dach — Caufield
Roy — Dvorak — Gallagher
RHP — Evans — Armia
Anderson

Thoughts? Any changes? We obviously still have some fat to trim with Anderson, Gally, Dvorak, and Armia. I don’t mind Gally in a 4th line role because of his preference. I just wish he was making $2M and not $6.5M.

Do you guys think Beck could make the team and replace Dvorak at 3C? I would love to see that.
RHP broke his leg. So Anderson will be in the lineup

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I'm a Harris fan, and we cannot get better asset management then that.
ya it all depends on what you have and what you need, Harris still has good upside but he'll always be a small'ish non physical dman (with Hutson coming up having too many of these type of dmen isn't great, max 1 is ok) and we really needed a big goal scoring RW, also being able to keep Dach at C is also a positive

a 2nd is a 2nd but i view this is mainly as Laine for Harris, it's definitely a good risk/reward gamble to take

Last edited:
Reactions: GrandBison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad