Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
If he can go back to being or close to a 40 goal scorer, along with Caufield ans Suzuki also scoring 30+, we could have a potent offence. Also Slaf could get close to 30. Please hockey gods, we paid a heavy price the last few years decades, let us be healthy 🙏

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
A REAL top 6 is a possibility as soon as this season if we stay healthy and most our players take a step forward... A real top 6 is almost guaranteed as soon as next season. Time to be excited folks, hopefully everything works out 🤝
If Laine and Dach stay healthy, the top six or top 9 will be real NHL calibre, a comparable roster would be when Kovalev and Tanguay were on this team. Even then, Kent's top 9 would be far superior.

Cole Suz Laine/Slaf
Newhook Dach Laine/Slaf
Anderson xxx Roy

A certain Demidov coming next yr. Another C is needed. Maybe Hage can take the spot and Beck should steal Dvorak's spot.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
You cant play Laine bottom 6 role

Too many folks are seeing 9 points in 18 games and the injury time missed and thinking he's a guy who needs to slowly be moved in like Monahan was.

It's a 26 year old who got successful shoulder surgery and was a point per game player the two seasons prior. He just needs training camp and exhibition to be ready.

If all goes right he's the Habs top winger before the snow fall.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Can't wait... drop the puck! Man, if we get the Winnipeg version of Laine, we are golden!

As long as he plays, you're golden. The CBJ Laine was a better overall player, just never able to play for longer stretches of time due to injuries. He's healthy now so you'll get a better player than the Jets version of Laine. Of course the focus on two way play since '19 has decreased his goal scoring, but that's up to MTL coaching to figure out how to get the best out of him for teams benefit. In my opinion the best results would come from leaning on the scoring because he can seriously outscore the opponent. But he's a very good player all around.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think that's the plan. They tried hard but UFAs didn't sign here as usual. Laine is a gamble and Kent will try to maximize his value à la Monahan. This is how you build a franchise. I mean I have never seen another GM pull moves like this. BargainBin tried and got Armia out of it, but Kent is on another level. Stock up on high picks by going after top young players who have hit slumps and forcing the hands of other teams.
I wouldn't say that, Bargainbin got team to Finals. Via Weber trade mostly. That team was dead until he called meeting before Game 5 in Toronto. Suzuki, Danault good trades. Weise too, he played against Bruins. Don't beat them without him. Lucic said I f.... Kill you in handshake.

Hope this trade works out because huge caphit for injury riddled player. Can go either way

Reactions: HabzSauce

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Too many folks are seeing 9 points in 18 games and the injury time missed and thinking he's a guy who needs to slowly be moved in like Monahan was.

It's a 26 year old who got successful shoulder surgery and was a point per game player the two seasons prior. He just needs training camp and exhibition to be ready.

If all goes right he's the Habs top winger before the snow fall.

Absolutely. Stat watchers will be quite surprised what they got when he starts playing

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Off year last year with health or mental health problems but before that he averaged like 35 goals. Just needs to stay healthy but he’ll fit in with the guys at the doctors office

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Adding both Demidov and Laine (and to a lesser extent Hage) means we aren't starved for offensive talent anymore. Our future defense is also looking good, albeit it remains to be seen if the commitee will be enough to overcome the lack of a true #1D.

And yet, we still have a ton of ammo in the form of picks and prospects to improve where we want/can. We're sitting in an incredibly good position right now, probably the best long term outlook we've had 10-20 years. This is a big step up from only a year ago, this is pretty incredible.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Adding both Demidov and Laine (and to a lesser extent Hage) means we aren't starved for offensive talent anymore. Our future defense is also looking good, albeit it remains to be seen if the commitee will be enough to overcome the lack of a true #1D.

And yet, we still have a ton of ammo in the form of picks and prospects to improve where we want/can. We're sitting in an incredibly good position right now, probably the best long term outlook we've had 10-20 years. This is a big step up from only a year ago, this is pretty incredible.
I still think the next target is a trade for a #3 dman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad