Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
The 2 most important tasks this summer were adding a top 6 forward and trading away some of our dmen

Hughes added Demidov and Laine, and traded Kovacevic and Harris

Awesome job
Hague also looks like a stud.
Can't wait until training camp

Looking ahead; possible lines
Caufield---Suzuki-- Demidov (give it time)
Liane--Dach---Slaf (Slaf is the smallest on that line)
xxxx--- Newhook--Roy
Deputy---Beck---Tuch

Hague, 2 2025 1sts and a few others so competition will be great!

Backend
Ghule, Huston, WiFi, Logan, Rienbacher, Struble

Fowler
Monty

Looks like the beginning of a very competitive team to this guy who is being following my beloved Habs for over 50 Years!!!!!!!!

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
The word "obviously" should be banned from press conferences. Needless to say, any statement that is prefaced with that word could have been left unsaid.

I think he seems smarter than the average hockey player and did a good job answering the lackluster questions. I'm optimistic, got a good feeling about this guy. Thought it made so much sense to get him to Montreal the whole time.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
1724107157868.png

Suck it Dryden!
👀

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It's us getting the 2nd

Laine + 2nd
for
Harris
Harris for a 2nd I can see. It's about even. But that's a lot of money for 55 points. He's just under 9m for 2 years. Going to take us out of free agency next year. Especially a guy injury prone, terrible defensive and coming out of abuse program.

Hughes must plan on righting Laine, retain half and flip him at deadline. Getting a major return,

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
The word "obviously" should be banned from press conferences. Needless to say, any statement that is prefaced with that word could have been left unsaid.

I think he seems smarter than the average hockey player and did a good job answering the lackluster questions. I'm optimistic, got a good feeling about this guy. Thought it made so much sense to get him to Montreal the whole time.
He seems super excited to change scenery. Something on that CLB team feels rotten. Journalists kinda wanted him to spill the beans, but he just said good words about that franchise. Although, it didn't feel sincere. Hopefully, the beef is over and he turns it around.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm hoping that the environment MSL has fostered and the low acquisition cost will give Laine cover to find his game if he's not consistent.
Yeah. Hopefully it works out but my expectations are low. To me this is a depth move with some upside. I’m not expecting much but would love to be surprised. For what we paid it’s worth the risk.

Reactions: Habs10Habs and Andy

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
How the f*** do you have a job in sport media and can't speak basic english for shit

There are two hockey related gifs I really lament not being able to track down anymore. Your post reminded me of the one where Carey Price had the interview with Luc Gelinas ( I think) and his terrible english, and Carey ends up walking away with this completely bewildered look on his face :laugh:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
For those of you that are still against, or are having doubts. It's looks like HuGo along with Marty did do their due diligence on Laine. Even going as far as getting permission to see his medical reports.

I didn't expect anything less. But it's good to see that we have a management team, that doesn't do things half assed.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I cant think of a better coach or management group than the ones we have now to ensure the spotlight and media don't get to Laine. From Winnipeg to Columbus, Laine hasn't really been in a market with a healthy locker room or off ice situation. Let's see what he can do when he's put in the right situation to succeed.
Yup I agree.
If Laine can't find a way to fit in with our group he won't find it anywhere.
He's going to have to find his game and put out both ways.
Our Game as Hughes calls it is a team first approach.
I hope it works out for him.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Harris for a 2nd I can see. It's about even. But that's a lot of money for 55 points. He's just under 9m for 2 years. Going to take us out of free agency next year. Especially a guy injury prone, terrible defensive and coming out of abuse program.

Hughes must plan on righting Laine, retain half and flip him at deadline. Getting a major return,
I think that's the plan. They tried hard but UFAs didn't sign here as usual. Laine is a gamble and Kent will try to maximize his value à la Monahan. This is how you build a franchise. I mean I have never seen another GM pull moves like this. BargainBin tried and got Armia out of it, but Kent is on another level. Stock up on high picks by going after top young players who have hit slumps and forcing the hands of other teams.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
It's just so nice and a relief to finally have a competent management team that has vision and a plan instead of the lateral moves, bad contracts, bad trades, bad drafting and throw something at the wall and hope it sticks philosophy hoping to just sneak into the playoffs garbage management we had been saddled with for far too long.

Fellow Habs fans................this team is finally going somewhere.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I think that's the plan. They tried hard but UFAs didn't sign here as usual. Laine is a gamble and Kent will try to maximize his value à la Monahan. This is how you build a franchise. I mean I have never seen another GM pull moves like this. BargainBin tried and got Armia out of it, but Kent is on another level. Stock up on high picks by going after top young players who have hit slumps and forcing the hands of other teams.
Monahan, Dach, Newhook, Laine, Matheson all traded to the habs in 3 seasons. That is so impressive especially when you look at what we gave up in total to get these players.

Not to mention all the first round picks.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

This summer has nothing left to spend on, so Laine is clearly not an issue. His cap hit and salary are functionally irrelevant.

Next summer will see Dvorak, Armia, and Savard off the payroll + Carey Price enter his final year. We can sign their replacements and even a big name UFA next summer without much of a problem.

The Habs can also use buyouts on Anderson or Gallagher if they really feel like it would be worth the effort.

Cap space isn’t our problem, it was talent. But with Laine, Denison, Hutson and Reinbacher not yet on the roster… it seems that the talent issue is being addressed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad