Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Slafkovsky — Suzuki — Laine
Newhook — Dach — Caufield
Roy — Dvorak — Gallagher
RHP — Evans — Armia
Anderson

Thoughts? Any changes? We obviously still have some fat to trim with Anderson, Gally, Dvorak, and Armia. I don’t mind Gally in a 4th line role because of his preference. I just wish he was making $2M and not $6.5M.

Do you guys think Beck could make the team and replace Dvorak at 3C? I would love to see that.
Slafkovsky — Suzuki — Caufield
Roy — Dach — Laine
Newhook — Dvorak — Anderson
Armia — Evans — Gallagher

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Guys we have an embrassment of riches right now. Depth at all positions. An insane amount of Drafy capital. I think Matheson can still be traded, but no need. I'm actually thinking keep Savard around for right side depth and veteran leadership.

Slaf
Suzuki
Demi
Dach
Laine
Caufield
Hage
Beck
Kapanen
Roy
Newhook

Matheson
Savard
Reinbacher
Hutson
Guhle
Mailloux
Xhekaj
Konyushkov

Monty
Primeau
Fowler

2 x 1st 2025
2026 1st
all kinds of other picks

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Adding both Demidov and Laine (and to a lesser extent Hage) means we aren't starved for offensive talent anymore. Our future defense is also looking good, albeit it remains to be seen if the commitee will be enough to overcome the lack of a true #1D.

And yet, we still have a ton of ammo in the form of picks and prospects to improve where we want/can. We're sitting in an incredibly good position right now, probably the best long term outlook we've had 10-20 years. This is a big step up from only a year ago, this is pretty incredible.
I think the TRUE #1 Dman thing doesn’t make sense to me.

Guhle and Reinbacher can easily provide top pairing defense. Why does it matter if either one of them can QB a PP if we have Hutson and Mailloux who both have unbelievable offensive profiles?

We could have 4 number twos who can all bring different and complimentary things. This whole #1 D thing is semantics

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
You can tell Laine wants to be a star, as in, he wants the eyes on him. It was probably boring for him to play for a team where the fans weren’t breathing the sport.

Some people are at their best when they are the centre of attention, and wilt away when no is looking

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Do we have a scouting report on Laine? I know his shot is great and he has at least good puck handling, but how’s the rest of his game?

I've watched him since '16 and seen pretty much all NHL games and all international games.

Best shot I've ever seen. It's a legit threat from anywhere in the offensive zone. Excellent playmaker, can really dish the puck and does it too much for the shooter he is.

At his best in rush offense, as he just needs to enter the zone and either shoot or be ready to shoot depending who is carrying the puck in.

Benefits from line mates who can win pucks in corners and behind the net, to strip the puck away from opponents. Also benefits from players who can effectively carry the puck to offensive zone. In CBJ he did most of it when he was on the ice. He can do it, but it's not his best attribute so if someone else can do the puck carrying he can focus on shooting lanes. If he's the puck carrier, he'll do more of the passing.

Should shoot more but that is a coaching thing.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Difference between Hughes and Bergevin is getting the opportunity to buy low on guys like Laine rather than sign guys like Hoffman on UFA market.

Reactions: Andy

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
This man knows himself. What a Chad, welcome to MTL
The guy's always been cocky. And that's good. We need more swagger on this team. Guys like Cole, Chadkovsky, Demigod.. they bring that energy too.

I'm honestly really excited. I discussed the idea of this trade at length in the trade thread but it was more of a hope, really. Made too much sense to me for it to actually happen (this is the NHL after all).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
One thing to know/understand as well

Laine has changed his training& has been training with nfl players this offseason and will be in shape 100%

& his issues haven’t come from on ice pressure, that’s always been something he’s loved and been at his best. Whether it was in Winnipeg, Tappara or playing for Finland

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
ya it all depends on what you have and what you need, Harris still has good upside but he'll always be a small'ish non physical dman (with Hutson coming up having too many of these type of dmen isn't great, max 1 is ok) and we really needed a big goal scoring RW, also being able to keep Dach at C is also a positive

a 2nd is a 2nd but i view this is mainly as Laine for Harris, it's definitely a good risk/reward gamble to take

A second round pick from Columbus is nothing to dismiss. That's very likely a high 2nd rounder.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Holy cow, good trade.

Laine for Harris plus we get another second round pick. Kent Hughes loves his picks & prospects (as he should).

I shall miss Jordan Harris' shifty look.

1724110123411.png

It will be interesting to watch Laine this season. If it works out, what a steal. If not it's two seasons.

Once again good trade.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Just finished watching the Laine presser and, I'm not gonna lie, I'm starting to get pretty hyped. He seems like a guy that's built for the Montreal market and who's ready for a fresh start.

He also sounds like a guy who sees what HuGo are building and wants to be part of it in more of a long term way. If the gamble works and he finds his game, I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to re sign him... if his number isn't ridiculous.

Imagine if Hughes just added a 40/50 goalscorer (and potential hard to play against powerforward) for freaking Jordan Harris!

This next decade/generation could actually be the one...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad