LeBrun: Panthers cut ties with Jagr

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I could see him not getting signed anywhere in the NHL.

Which sadly has more to do with his date of birth than his current ability in the NHL.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Jagr should sign with LA. He could play top-line RW minutes here.

TropicalAntarctica

Oct 9, 2015
He doesn't care about winning. What he cares about is making more than 3m and playing on a top 6 scoring line with PP time.

I don't know who could guarantee that for 82 games.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
He doesn't care about winning. What he cares about is making more than 3m and playing on a top 6 scoring line with PP time.

I don't know who could guarantee that for 82 games.

Florida could/did and Jagr turned them down, so who knows whats happening from now on.

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
Agreed, in the right situation he can be a good asset and probably won't cost much.
One year at a time though. ;)

Not cost much? Jagr probably wanted 5$ million at least.

Its clear it was a money thing. The only thing I dont understand. Why give Dadonov 4 million per year for a player who has proved NOTHING and the NHL and let Jagr walk. Its not like the russian dude is going sell tickets and jerseys etc and give credibility for the organisation around league. Jagr is a PR machine. And Jagr can pass Gordie Howe for MOST GAME PLAYED ALL TIME this season. Would have been nice to see that in a Cats uniform.

Cats could also trade Jagr at the trade deadline and get some draft pick if things did not play out well.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...rida-panthers-free-agency-20170629-story.html

A fan asked Tallon how the negotiations were going with Jagr which set off a loud chant of J-A-G-R, J-A-G-R from the approximately 900 fans attending the event.

Tallon gave the same answer he’s been giving for months.

“I talked to his agent on a regular basis, Petr Svoboda, almost every day,’’ Tallon said. “I talked to him today; we’ll talk tomorrow.’’

It’s clear that the Panthers don’t want to pay Jagr the same $5.5 million he earned last season ($4 million base plus bonuses).

“$5.5 million isn’t a huge salary?’’ Tallon shot back when asked if money was the issue.

“Of course, [the window is still open to sign him]. We have ‘til September, October.’’

Several fans wore Jagr’s No. 68 jersey.

“I think they need his leadership,’’ said Lee Haliniewski of Miami. “They need a hockey icon in that locker room with all the changes in the front office and coaches. They need something stable in that locker room and he’s it.’’
’’

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
Not cost much? Jagr probably wanted 5$ million at least.

Its clear it was a money thing. The only thing I dont understand. Why give Dadonov 4 million per year for a player who has proved NOTHING and the NHL and let Jagr walk. Its not like the russian dude is going sell tickets and jerseys etc and give credibility for the organisation around league. Jagr is a PR machine. And Jagr can pass Gordie Howe for MOST GAME PLAYED ALL TIME this season. Would have been nice to see that in a Cats uniform.

Cats could also trade Jagr at the trade deadline and get some draft pick if things did not play out well.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...rida-panthers-free-agency-20170629-story.html

Well if he's after that much he might have a long wait. :laugh:

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
Maybe I was wrong according to new sources:

Probably Florida wanted to prevent backslash from fanbase after cutting Jagr lose. Tallon paints a picture of Jagr turning Florida down for money reasons and Jagr will take the blame and be the scapegoat.

Exactly what Ray Shero did back in 2011 with Pittsburgh.

A shame if Florida handled Jagr this way....but its Florida after all, would you be suprised?

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I really want the Leafs to get him. I don't care how bad he is, I love that man and want a Jagr Toronto jersey

Lol he's not even bad. Just put up 46 points with good possession stats with most of his regular linemates not playing for much of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad