LeBrun: Panthers cut ties with Jagr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
there's no way he'll be unsigned when the season starts

he's proven he can still produce at his age

NeutralFan88

Jun 23, 2017
So how much money has Jagr lost? Was it investments or gambling or both? Is that why he pretty much just started going after just the $$ the last bunch of years?

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I have a feeling he goes to LV on a one year deal. He would get prime minutes to still show he has something in the tank, and help sell seats.

Also someone they can move at the TDL if he's performing well.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Yes he can, he's painfully slow and 1 dimensional. Takes lots of hooking/holding penalties and so on.

But still easily better option than Iginla, but what does that say about Iginla :laugh:

What are you laughing about? Iginla is 40. What's with the snarky laughing face? Pretty sure if he played you 1 on 1 he'd be laughing at you.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
If he is not signed by someone in the NHL then it's co-ordinated effort by GMs to prevent him from breaking Howe's record for most NHL games played.

but 16 goals and 30 assists don't fall off trees. Even if he's slow.

If he's cheap then he will be signed. I don't expect GM's to be that callous.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
He spurned the Pens a few years back to go to Philly, would Pitts not want him back for that betrayal? Because it would be nice to see him end his career where it started

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
Not again! Panthers management simply refuse to learn.
First Gallant, now Jagr.
Is it the old men's egos or simply a lack of respect for the players and coaches?
I dont get it!

Every time we were in Miami, we bought Panthers tickets because of Jagr. Bought his jersey, t-shirts, pucks, spent $$$ in the arena. A lot of other fans form US and abroad did the same. Jagr is not just great player, but also amazing marketing tool.

Well, hopefully he'll sign with Canes so we can watch him here in Raleigh every game
He would be a great fit here, teaching young players, selling tickets, reviving Hurricanes team.
Canes cant make playoffs anyway, so at least it will be fun to watch Jagr and make some $$$ to buy more big names.

Jardo prijed do Raleigh, vykasli se na Vegas

Last edited:

TropicalAntarctica

Oct 9, 2015
He spurned the Pens a few years back to go to Philly, would Pitts not want him back for that betrayal? Because it would be nice to see him end his career where it started

He didn't spurn the Pens; he wanted to go to PIT, but Shero wasn't willing to give him a fair contract. He opted to give Kennedy and Dupuis new contracts along with extensions for Neal and Kunitz that would make the 3.3m that Philly gave Jagr untenable.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
If he is not signed by someone in the NHL then it's co-ordinated effort by GMs to prevent him from breaking Howe's record for most NHL games played.

but 16 goals and 30 assists don't fall off trees. Even if he's slow.

If he's cheap then he will be signed.
I don't expect GM's to be that callous.

Jagr got paid $5.5m last season.

What's he asking for in UFA this summer?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Panthers are on a self-imposed, salary-cap implosion....they couldn't have brought Jagr back even if they wanted to....but if he wants to keep playing, somebody will sign him for $1m a season.....but isn't it just time to put the fiddle in the case?.....time for him and Jerome to hit the golf course.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Panthers wanted jagr at a slight discount from last season. Would be surprised to see him sign at a discount elsewhere.

I will always be a Jagr fan and he will always be a Penguin to me, but good god the guy just can't take a little less to be in a good situation. He'll go to the highest bidder, which won't be anyone, then settle for less just to keep earning a pay cheque until no one offers him anything anymore.

Kind of sad really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad