LeBrun: Panthers cut ties with Jagr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Miss the part where no teams have called him? Literally has been zero money talk so far even though some posters like the make up stuff saying there was.

I get the feeling he's not telling you the part where he's wanting the same as he got from the Panthers and no team is dumb enough to bite. He's pricing himself out of being considered.

Teams have taken notice of guys around 35+ that have taken less and have been productive in other ways in the league.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
I get the feeling he's not telling you the part where he's wanting the same as he got from the Panthers and no team is dumb enough to bite. He's pricing himself out of being considered.

Teams have taken notice of guys around 35+ that have taken less and have been productive in other ways in the league.

This may be true but do you have any sources or are you just assuming? Since he came back to the NHL he has consistently taken cheaper money with bonus incentives. Not his fault that he earned a raise after his first season with FLA.

Demanding the same money would be an issue after less performance, but is there ANY proof this is the case? Just making it up to fit your narrarive really isn't fair.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I will always be a Jagr fan and he will always be a Penguin to me, but good god the guy just can't take a little less to be in a good situation. He'll go to the highest bidder, which won't be anyone, then settle for less just to keep earning a pay cheque until no one offers him anything anymore.

Kind of sad really.

Again, he didn't receive an offer from the Panthers, quoting, "money wasn't an issue." Tallon even confirmed this himself yesterday; quotes:
"Tallon admitted he never made Jagr an offer and he was torn up about it "
"Tallon said Panthers want to get faster as reasons for Jagr and Jokinen moves"

I hope Tallon&co. know what they're doing, because they effectively decimated our forward group (Jagr, Jokinen, Smith, Marchesseault all gone) and the only proven NHL replacement is Vrbata.
At least the 2018 draft looks good...

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Again, he didn't receive an offer from the Panthers, quoting, "money wasn't an issue." Tallon even confirmed this himself yesterday; quotes:
"Tallon admitted he never made Jagr an offer and he was torn up about it "
"Tallon said Panthers want to get faster as reasons for Jagr and Jokinen moves"

I hope Tallon&co. know what they're doing, because they effectively decimated our forward group (Jagr, Jokinen, Smith, Marchesseault all gone) and the only proven NHL replacement is Vrbata.
At least the 2018 draft looks good...

Panthers definitely moving backwards unless they land Radulov. They're wasting another year of Barkov and Luongo when they should be competitive. Tallon and Rowe butchered a good team.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Jagr has got to be a Leaf! Well maybe if we trade someone I guess.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
So now its confirmed Jagr didn't receive an offer from the Panthers.
---
Tallon and the Cats are a joke. Tallon have been lying/fooling everyone about wanting Jagr back since April and all way through the summer until yesterday saying he has been talking with Jagrs agent. Treating Jagr as a pile of dirt. Unreal.

The reason was probably that FLA wanted to sell some tickets during off season and had they announced immediately they were moving on from Jagr that would have been a PR disaster.

Either way, totally classless move of Tallon and Florida. At least now Florida fans cant say Jagr left them for greener grass, as he clearly wanted to stay.

And on top of that you have the clueless clowns in this thread moaning about Jagr pricing himself out, sighs :shakehead
---
Jagr earned a base salary of $4 million last year that grew to $5.5 million with bonuses. Tallon said Thursday that he had been talking to Jagr’s agent Petr Svoboda on a regular basis and that the window would remain open to re-sign Jagr until October if no other team signed him.

That window slammed shut when free agency began Saturday.

Tallon admitted that while Svoboda made an early offer in the protracted negotiation process, he never made a counter-offer.

A source said Jagr felt disrespected and left twisting in the wind since April.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida-panthers/fl-sp-panthers-jagr-201707081-story.html

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
At least it is public now. I assume before teams weren't calling because they figured Florida was where he was staying. The calls better be coming in meow!

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Jagr has to take a paycut and play on a real bad team so he can be their mascot because that's the only choice he has left. He's too old and slow and I get a chuckle of people wanting him to play with McDavid... Come on!

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Jagr has to take a paycut and play on a real bad team so he can be their mascot because that's the only choice he has left. He's too old and slow and I get a chuckle of people wanting him to play with McDavid... Come on!

46 points playing with a revolving door of players. Led the team the year before with a healthy line around him. I get the old and slow argument, but acting like he is worthless is just not being educated in hockey.

Also in reference to mcdavid, you need to compliment him and more speed may or may not be the best way to do so. Jagr would take attention away from mcdavid, controlling the puck in the ozone, which in theory would lead to more opportunities for both of them.

Evergreen

I love Jagr and I do believe he will end up signing elsewhere, but a lot of you are not considering the fact that his slow style of play is the antithesis of what most NHL teams are going for these days. Teams are emphasizing speed and mobility more than ever. Jagr, while still an effective player, simply doesn't fit into that style of play. So he will need to find a team that can afford him and doesn't need to play a speed game.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
So now its confirmed Jagr didn't receive an offer from the Panthers.
---
Tallon and the Cats are a joke. Tallon have been lying/fooling everyone about wanting Jagr back since April and all way through the summer until yesterday saying he has been talking with Jagrs agent. Treating Jagr as a pile of dirt. Unreal.

The reason was probably that FLA wanted to sell some tickets during off season and had they announced immediately they were moving on from Jagr that would have been a PR disaster.

Either way, totally classless move of Tallon and Florida. At least now Florida fans cant say Jagr left them for greener grass, as he clearly wanted to stay.

And on top of that you have the clueless clowns in this thread moaning about Jagr pricing himself out, sighs :shakehead
---

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida-panthers/fl-sp-panthers-jagr-201707081-story.html

lol what a mess.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I love Jagr and I do believe he will end up signing elsewhere, but a lot of you are not considering the fact that his slow style of play is the antithesis of what most NHL teams are going for these days. Teams are emphasizing speed and mobility more than ever. Jagr, while still an effective player, simply doesn't fit into that style of play. So he will need to find a team that can afford him and doesn't need to play a speed game.

Avalanche?

Cotton

May 13, 2013
As much as I'd love Jagr to be a Leaf he won't be... cuz Jagr grooms when Jagr feels like it!

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Jagr might be waiting until Radulov and Marleau go. Whomever loses on them might be more desperate to make a bigger play for him.

coastal

Jun 22, 2016
Sabres are woefully thin at wing.

Bring him in and let him play with Eichel and EK9.

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
Jagr obviously wanted to comeback after last season ended, but expected he had to wait for Panthers management decision if he got to stay or not.

Turns out Jagr had to wait 3 months until free agency started to get an answer from Florida - and Tallon deceived Jagr and everyone else during 3 months.

Tallon could not even be honest at summer summit 1 day before free agency and went on with his lies in front of 1000 Panthers fans - telling them he was talking with Jagrs agent when the Panthers had no intention of re-signing. Thats beyond absurd - just completely classless.

After 130 points in 180 games and an amazing journey with historical milestones, the Panthers could not even be honest and open about their intentions with him?

Apparantly Tallon has no idea how to treat people, no wonder Jagr felt disrespected after all he has done for Floridas team.

“We’ll wait for the season to end,” Jagr told reporters following Monday’s morning skate in Sunrise.

“The way I look at it, we’re already playing for the future right now. I love the game, still want to be better every day I step on the ice. Nothing has changed in the 20-something years I have played hockey.
“The drive is still there, in my mind, I still believe I can get better. We’ll wait and see what happens.”

As far as wanting to return to Florida, Jagr seems open to the idea. The Panthers are believed to be open to having Jagr return for at least one more season.
“I love it here, every minute,” he said. “The organization was so good to me; gave me a chance, traded for me, put me with good and talented players the past few years here. I love it, love it here. Nothing has changed. Other than not making the playoffs, nothing has changed."

"It doesn't matter if we lost or we didn't make the playoffs," Jagr said. "Nothing has changed. I'm the one to be blamed, too."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nhl/florida-panthers/article142385284.html#storylink=cpy

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
I would absolutely love to see Jags on the Canucks. Put him with the Sedins :laugh: only in ozone starts and have him on a line with Horvat the rest of the time.

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
As far as I read, Dale only said he was talking to Svoboda. Was there any reports saying he was negotiating/asking Jagr to take a pay cut or is all that just assumption? And why is there a big stink over not giving them a contract if you already have a feeling he won't sign for less any

That Florida choose to move on without Jagr is not a problem, that was their choice:

The problem with Jagr saga is that the Panthers disrespected him with how they handled it.

When Jagr had finished his season with Boston, they told after 2-3 days he would not be re-signed - compare this to Florida who lied and were dishonest for 3 months.

Jagrs agent Svoboda made a contract offer to Tallon - this again CLEARLY indicates Jagr wanted to return to play for Florida.

Now to the most important case, there were 2 scenarios after Svoboda made that offer to Tallon.

1. If Florida wanted to try to keep Jagr:

Tallon should have answered something like: "We appreciate everything Jagr has done for the organisation the past 3 years, but our owner has told us we need to reduce salary by 10 million. So we cannot pay Jaromir 5.5$ if he wants to comeback. Maybe we can pay him 3.5. or 4 million. Would Jaromir comeback for these amount of salary?" That would have been a counter-offer coming from Florida ASAP to get the situation dealt with as quickly as possible for both parts.

2.If Florida did not want to retain Jagr - which was the case:

"We appreciate everything Jagr has done for the organisation the past 3 years, but have decided to go with more youth and speed therefore we wont offer any new contract to Jaromir. We wanted to tell you this immediately so Jagr can plan his future hockey career accordingly and also take care of his estate business in Florida etc."

Any of these options would have been completely fine, and Jagr and Florida could have parted ways on good terms. Jagr could have felt sad he did not get to return as he wanted, but the Panthers would have treated him fairly.

Instead we get this madness with Tallon running some kind of freakshow lying and hiding Floridas agenda with regards to giving Jagr a new contract or not for 3 months.

Is that the way you treat one of the top 5 players in the league all time who has been brilliant for the organisation and giving his absolute max on the ice and off the ice teaching and helping the Panthers young stars on the rise?

Panthers moving on from Jagr is fine, how they treated Jagr and fooled the fans throughout the whole ordeal is nothing short of a disgrace.

What does this signal to potential players joining Florida? The owner is a nutcase who know wants to cut costs, the GM is an disrespectful man who treats a player like Jagr like he was a piece of trash while tricking the whole Florida fanbase that they were trying to re-sign Jaromir.

The whole thing is so stupid, its beyond words.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Yeah, because Maroon is such a fast player!

Jagr is still a serviceable top 6 player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad