Rumor: Pagnotta: John Klingberg has requested a trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If he would take 5-6 mil Dallas would have already signed him. Hell if he took 7 mil a year Dallas would have done it. But he wants close to 9. Not sure where you think he will take 5-6.

I’m just laying out the conditions in which I would bring Klingberg in via a potentially expensive trade. I don’t care what he’s looking for or what Dallas has offered.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
If you move Klingberg out our friend in Miami will go along.

maxresdefault.jpg

SlyIslands

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I don't think they will trade him unless they really fall out of the picture. They are only 3 points behind 8th place and won their last 4

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
To help the Leafs with their cap problems, propose a trade starting with Klingberg / Nylander

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
To help the Leafs with their cap problems, propose a trade starting with Klingberg / Nylander

I’m far from a Leafs’ fan, but…

Nylander is 25, with 2 more years of term on his deal. Klingberg is 29 and a UFA to be. One of these is not like the other.

Reactions: centipede2233

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I don’t think the leafs would part with nylander right now. Even though klingberg is pretty much what the leafs need .

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Even as a rental , klingberg is the highest value expiring contract for defenseman this year . They could get a good haul for him as a rental . But it’s not gonna be a player like nylander coming back from a playoff team . Only chance stars have of getting a roster player back of that quality is if klingberg can find a team to resign with .

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Nylander has been the best leaf forward this year. They are not trading him for JK who has struggled...aleast not right now.

Reactions: Sports2

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

Nylander is 25, with 2 more years of term on his deal. Klingberg is 29 and a UFA to be. One of these is not like the other.

I don’t think the leafs would part with nylander right now. Even though klingberg is pretty much what the leafs need .

Awful for the Leafs Klingberg is a rental

Wasn't meant as a straight up deal, just a base for a trade.
The move to have Nylander's salary go the other way was a thought that the Leafs could re-sign Klingberg. And the most likely scenario where this would happen would be if Klingberg had agreed to an extension prior to the deal happening. Definitely not an easy task or anything, but just a thought with everything going on and especially since both team are looking to make the playoffs (at least for now).

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
The move to have Nylander's salary go the other way was a thought that the Leafs could re-sign Klingberg. And the most likely scenario where this would happen would be if Klingberg had agreed to an extension prior to the deal happening. Definitely not an easy task or anything, but just a thought with everything going on and especially since both team are looking to make the playoffs (at least for now).
What I’m saying is , you don’t usually see two teams that are trying to contend swap important pieces .

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
What I’m saying is , you don’t usually see two teams that are trying to contend swap important pieces .

Yeah, its not likely by any means. Just something that would sort of make sense personnel wise.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Habs wouldn’t be interested. His offense is too good and he doesn’t get pinned in his own zone 70% of his shift.

Reactions: Heidrich

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't blame having to play for Rick Bowness. Would not be surprised to see him get back to his form from a couple years ago. Once he plays for a coach that lets him utilize his strengths.
Lol oh yeah you played for Rick Bowness? Never heard a player say a bad thing about him.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Klingberg would be a pure rental for us because Jack Campbell exists

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

If an extension can be worked out with Klingberg, definitely something workable in principle.

However Nylander has been fantastic so might be a hard sell.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

Klingberg is a better contributor to hockey tho. Nylander is good and I've defended him when he had a poor season right after aigning his deal, but he remains a perimeter winger. Klingberg is a first pairing dman who was a major factor for the Stars making it to SCF not so long ago. If he was open to an extension with the Leafs, it isn't to crazy to consider imo

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
Muzzin for
Klingberg

leafs save 1.4m this year and get the better player

dallas
Gets player with term (price leafs pay for the rental)

benefit to
Leafs too is they free up 5.6m to allocate to
Campbell
Possibly mikheyev
Etc

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
He is exactly what Vancouver needs.
Trading For him makes no sense though, because he’s a UFA.
Just give him a good deal in the off-season
Canucks dont have the cap to sign him though. Boeser straight up for Klingberg could work as a trade and open up cap space for Canucks to sign him.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I think Dallas holds on trading klingberg. I expect Dallas to be in the mix in a wide open western conference. They will try to sign klingberg in summer, if not, let him walk and let some team overpay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad