Rumor: Pagnotta: John Klingberg has requested a trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
depends who they get.... Wright + Bedard/Michkov, sure. if its Savoie/Cooley + not Bedard/Michkov they may need to tank more.

I like their young pieces in Suzuki, Caufield, ROmanov, Guhle, but they need that elite 1C and franchise Dman. They need to do everything and anything to get rid of Price, Gallagher, Petry, Toffoli, etc
I think we could be fine with a Wright, Suzuki, Poehling/Dvorak center core (assuming we get Wright and he reaches is expected potential). We'd have a similar build to St.Louis, Boston and LA when they respectively won their cups.

I think we can have a good return for Toffoli, no need to get rid of him at all cost. Price probably isn't worth trading with massive retention since he'll probably end up on LTIR by the team we'll need the cap space. I'd gamble on trading Petry and/or Gallagher in a year or so, when they'll be healthy and hopefully show they are still good players.

Back to the subject. Klingberg was a monster in Dallas cup run. He should bring back a very good return.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I can see why he would want a trade out. It's a contract year for him and Bowness employs some really terrible systems that make a player like Klingberg play below his talent level. He'll be leaving millions on the table by finishing the season with the team.

His low cap hit and his playoff success in the bubble should make him a pretty desirable rental candidate. The Stars need to retool anyways and can't afford another long-term contract to a 29 year old when we have two boat anchor contracts in Benn and Seguin.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I think we could be fine with a Wright, Suzuki, Poehling/Dvorak center core (assuming we get Wright and he reaches is expected potential). We'd have a similar build to St.Louis, Boston and LA when they respectively won their cups.

I think we can have a good return for Toffoli, no need to get rid of him at all cost. Price probably isn't worth trading with massive retention since he'll probably end up on LTIR by the team we'll need the cap space. I'd gamble on trading Petry and/or Gallagher in a year or so, when they'll be healthy and hopefully show they are still good players.

Back to the subject. Klingberg was a monster in Dallas cup run. He should bring back a very good return.
Still need a: Doughty/Pietrangelo/Chara if youre comparing to those teams. D depth doesnt look great in this coming draft unfortunately.

Im worried Wright isnt gonna be the elite 1C we think, would much rather them tank hard next year for one of the two phenoms, and then suck another year to draft a Dman. Romy and Guhle arent PP QBs. Norlinder is too early to tell, but certainly not a franchise D.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Still need a: Doughty/Pietrangelo/Chara if youre comparing to those teams. D depth doesnt look great in this coming draft unfortunately.

Im worried Wright isnt gonna be the elite 1C we think, would much rather them tank hard next year for one of the two phenoms, and then suck another year to draft a Dman. Romy and Guhle arent PP QBs. Norlinder is too early to tell, but certainly not a franchise D.
I’m with you, I’d rather have one of next years top draft picks, than Wright.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I’m with you, I’d rather have one of next years top draft picks, than Wright.
why-not-both-why-not.gif

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Would like to get rid of Meyers and add Klinger to the Canucks top 4.
Wonder if he’d sign for 7x7

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Pagnotta over the last few seasons IMO has emerged as the best guy for this stuff
What does “major bag alert” mean? It’s three words that don’t mean anything to me when placed in that order.

Is this an inside joke?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
What does “major bag alert” mean? It’s three words that don’t mean anything to me when placed in that order.

Is this an inside joke?

This commercial was played almost constantly last season on our local station, we turned it into a theme:

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Sabres are desperate for a solid RHD and have a few extra first round picks. Perfect Swedish partner for Dahlin. Obviously they need assurance he would sign.... but they could offer a ton of money if he likes money.

How is he the perfect partner for Dahlin? Both are offensive D:s and neither defensively good. They would absolutely need to be on different pairings or the team bleed GA:s...

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Honestly Klingberg would be perfect for the Canucks... damn shame we can't afford that contract.

Reactions: Canucks LB

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Klingberg

for

holl
Ritchie
Robertson
Here’s a tip, if you’re excited to get rid of the pieces you’re trading away and the piece you’re getting in return, then you’re probably making a terrible proposal. Hope this helps

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I take back what I said lmao. Klingberg isn’t happy. Gonna suck losing him because he’s ridiculously talented.

Toronto, make us an offer that includes Nick Robertson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad