Rumor: Pagnotta: John Klingberg has requested a trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I could understand him wanting more time to settle into a new team- just my guess on the logic of it. If he can’t find chemistry right away it’ll hurt his value and sour him on whichever team trades for him. If the trade is inevitable anyways, why wait?

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
What if they are in the playoff race, but still don't want to lose Klingberg for nothing? Barrie replaces Klingberg's pp ability and they get a pick.
I don’t want Barrie’s contract. The 2nd is not enough to take that many years on. If klingberg goes I would like the cap space not a lesser player making more with more term.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Tyson Barrie is not the kind of d-man the Oilers need right now. But he is easily worth that contract, and then some.
It is not a good fit for Dallas. We can argue if he is worth it or not but that is a terrible proposal for Dallas.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
He's almost 23 and has struggled to break in on a team that has a lackluster defensive group and desperately needs those ELC cap hits. He's dime a dozen.

What a lazy and outdated argument. We are also pretending that 23 is old for a defender?

upload_2022-1-7_22-37-19.png

upload_2022-1-7_22-38-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2022-1-7_22-35-22.png
    upload_2022-1-7_22-35-22.png
    44 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2022-1-7_22-36-7.png
    upload_2022-1-7_22-36-7.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 1

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

They’re getting good results, but it’s mid-season. Carolina’s goal at this point is to win it all. Having a player of DeAngelo’s caliber in a sheltered 3rd pairing role is the kind of depth a team strives for when loading up for a run.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Nick Foligno? My how you have forgotten. Klingberg has far more value than Foligno.

For double 50% retention he returns a late 1st [supposed to be at the time of the trade] and two 4ths. Nobody is saying Klingberg won't get a first but he's not getting a blue chip prospect.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
What a lazy and outdated argument. We are also pretending that 23 is old for a defender?

View attachment 496598

View attachment 496599

Strong offense can have just as much of an effect on GA as your defense, when you're possessing the puck most of the time. Let's not pretend that Toronto's group is anywhere near the quality of Colorado's or Tampa's or Carolina's.

And yes, 23 is an old age to break into the third pairing, especially for a 1st round pick. Reality is, Liljegren would struggle to make even Detroit's group. He's very much dime a dozen and does nothing to move the needle in a Klingberg trade.

ConnorMcBackcheck

Dec 31, 2021
USA
And your trade proposal?
Starts with Zadina and includes some picks. I can't see Yzerman moving anyone that he has drafted. Not sure why he would make the move now anyway, just sign him for nothing in free agency.

Plus you have to consider when acquiring the player if it would be worth it to sign him for the term he's going to want at 29, almost 30, years old. 8x8 that takes him to 37/38? I haven't watched his game enough to know if it would be worth it but most players do not age like Ovechkin.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I don't blame having to play for Rick Bowness. Would not be surprised to see him get back to his form from a couple years ago. Once he plays for a coach that lets him utilize his strengths.
Would trade a lightly used Boeser and poolman for Klingberg. Gives Dallas some depth D and young sniper and Canucks fix their D.

Hughes-Klingberg
OEL-Myers
Rathbone-Hamonic

Looks pretty solid to me, with Myers coming on lately.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I don’t see it. How the hell does Vancouver re-sign him after this year? Especially if he is looking for 8y x $8mm AAV as has been previously reported?

Hughes $7.85mm
OEL $7.25mm
Myers $6.00mm
Klingberg $8.00mm

That’s over $29mm committed to your top-4. That’s more than the San Jose Sharks paying Karlsson, Burns, and Vlasic.
Yeah but having Hughes, Klingberg and a revitalized OEL and improved Myers is too sexy to not try.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Toronto should be all over this.

Dermott + Ritchie + 2022 1st + Liljegren for

Klingberg @ 50% + Raffl

Toronto can roll two top pairings of Rielly/Brodie and Muzzin/Klingberg, with a solid third pairing of Sandin/Holl.
Thats cute, would work if there was no salary cap. Too bad for Toronto that they dont have cap room unless you are dealing Nylander.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
And your trade proposal?

Starts with Zadina and includes some picks. I can't see Yzerman moving anyone that he has drafted. Not sure why he would make the move now anyway, just sign him for nothing in free agency.

Plus you have to consider when acquiring the player if it would be worth it to sign him for the term he's going to want at 29, almost 30, years old. 8x8 that takes him to 37/38? I haven't watched his game enough to know if it would be worth it but most players do not age like Ovechkin.

Not sure why Yzerman would do it at all. He's a RHD. We don't need to spend the assets to acquire that for a trade or the money to sign him in UFA.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I don’t see it. How the hell does Vancouver re-sign him after this year? Especially if he is looking for 8y x $8mm AAV as has been previously reported?

Hughes $7.85mm
OEL $7.25mm
Myers $6.00mm
Klingberg $8.00mm

That’s over $29mm committed to your top-4. That’s more than the San Jose Sharks paying Karlsson, Burns, and Vlasic.

Myers has to go in that scenario, can’t work any other way imo. He is what the Canucks need, and this is the type of move they need to make, just think the price may be ugly.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
No thanks. I would rather cap space.

You take 4m off of the books for next season with this deal and get a very good rental. Get him acclimated before the deadline where you only get 20 games for him to get used to a new team before playoff time.

Literally nothing of value in that package aside from a low 1st, and Toronto would have about a 0% chance of keeping Klingberg.

Have to balance out the cap somehow. Dermott is just a placeholder, Ritchie is a dump for Toronto to meet the cap exchange back and forth, and a 1st in a deep draft and a prospect that needs to be given a chance elsewhere should be enticing for Dallas.

Thats cute, would work if there was no salary cap. Too bad for Toronto that they dont have cap room unless you are dealing Nylander.

This makes no sense. The cap balances out, in fact, you got even get Klingberg to be retained only 25% and still have this deal worked out.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Ron Francis decided to not make the most of the expansion draft (favors to the old boys club?) and very badly needs a front line D for what is a very very disappointing Kraken team. He has the ability to overpay Klingberg in free agency. He won't be giving up an asset now to get him... he will wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad