Rumor: Pagnotta: John Klingberg has requested a trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Hey Dallas fans - are you guys expecting a full rebuild? You’ve got some quality vets and some good young pieces. Doesn’t seem to be working out.

Will the Stars tear it down to the 26 year olds, and fire-sell the older guys? Restock the cupboards?

How do you guys feel about the prospect pool? Needs some help?

It's working out pretty well for Columbus, but Jarmo is also a much better GM than Nill.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Canucks should be interestd.

They need a Right Shot Dman.

4.5 Mil, expiring contract tho.

Might just be better to wait on him when he becomes a UFA this summer.

29 yrs old.

Why does he want out of Dallas?

Is it because he is getting limitied Powerplay time? offensive situations?

If thats the case I dont think he would like Vancouver either as Hughes pretty much eats up all those situations.
Justin Holl + Nick Robertson/2022 1st + 2022 2nd ?
Trade you a signed Tyson Barrie (cap reasons) + 2022 1st + Lavoie + Tullio for an extended Klingberg.

You guys all have no cap space for these moves this year, and next year if you want to resign some of your core players. (Pool, Boeser, Campbell)

He will be making 7+

Reactions: Hitemwith4

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
That’s an understatement. Nill is trash. Good GMs don’t have this problem.

Ehh, Jarmo quite literally just had this problem with Jones. But Jarmo also turned that into Boqvist, Sillinger, and another possible Top 10 pick this year. Nill doesn't have that in him. (Jones being RFA helped)

Then again, Stan Bowman was a trash GM too.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
1. He can sign an 8 year deal to a team he's traded no? If he goes UFA he can only sign 7 years.
2. He can still chase a cup this year and Dallas can make some assets for it since they are most likely not a contender, so it's doing a favor for the club.

What are the chances of him re-signing? Heiskanen is the #1 now, maybe Klindberg wants to be that #1 guy. I'm sure there are teams who are looking for one.

Whether Dallas is or is not truly a contender and whether or not they should retool is one thing, but he was a main piece on a team that was in the Cup final 16 months ago, and this years team is better with basically the exact same core. Athletes always think their team is better than they actually are, so I truly can’t believe that Klingberg looks at this team as done.

it’s why the alleged trade request doesn’t make any sense to me.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
You guys all have no cap space for these moves this year, and next year if you want to resign some of your core players. (Pool, Boeser, Campbell)

He will be making 7+

Yeah we need to cut dead weight this off season. Still hoping Keith retires. Frees up 5.5 plus a recapture of 1.7-1.9 I Believe. If Barrie moves in the deal we can easily plus off a move like this. Puljujarvi needs a contract though so it would be about all we could do outside replacing Koskinen as his deal also expires.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Toronto should be all over this.

Dermott + Ritchie + 2022 1st + Liljegren for

Klingberg @ 50% + Raffl

Toronto can roll two top pairings of Rielly/Brodie and Muzzin/Klingberg, with a solid third pairing of Sandin/Holl.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Klingberg @ 50% + Raffl

Toronto can roll two top pairings of Rielly/Brodie and Muzzin/Klingberg, with a solid third pairing of Sandin/Holl.

Literally nothing of value in that package aside from a low 1st, and Toronto would have about a 0% chance of keeping Klingberg.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017

Klingberg @ 50% + Raffl

No thanks. I would rather cap space.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
This rumor really doesn’t make sense. Since when do players on expiring deals request trades? They just simply don’t re-sign. It’s not like Dallas is a bottom feeder.

Something doesn’t seem right about the rumor unless it’s a negotiation tactic by the agent and Pagnotta is his buddy.

All that said, if for whatever reason this is actually somehow true, I’d love to find a way to get Nick Robertson and some picks out of it. But if you trade Klingberg, there’s no reason to keep Pavelski or Radulov, so that’s even more bizarre.

Players like Klingberg get paid for point production, and Dallas is currently 22nd in the league for GF. If Klingberg wants to make as much money as possible, it makes sense he requested a trade, as there's a good chance he'll go to a club that isn't as offensively starved as the Stars.

Reactions: Starry Knight

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Whether Dallas is or is not truly a contender and whether or not they should retool is one thing, but he was a main piece on a team that was in the Cup final 16 months ago, and this years team is better with basically the exact same core. Athletes always think their team is better than they actually are, so I truly can’t believe that Klingberg looks at this team as done.

it’s why the alleged trade request doesn’t make any sense to me.
But he's not getting paid like Heiskanen at Dallas. That's a fact. And he might be looking for that.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Would the New York Rangers be a good fit? Seems to me that they have an overflow of young forwards and Chytil could have a better shot at developing on a Stars forward core. NYR has got the capspace and even though they are RD heavy, you never have enough quality defensemans for a playoff run. Would a Chytil+2022 1st round pick package satisfy both sides?

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Literally nothing of value in that package aside from a low 1st, and Toronto would have about a 0% chance of keeping Klingberg.

Liljegren still has value in the league. People expecting too much for a rental. Leafs would never give this package up for a rental tbh

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Liljegren still has value in the league. People expecting too much for a rental. Leafs would never give this package up for a rental tbh

He's almost 23 and has struggled to break in on a team that has a lackluster defensive group and desperately needs those ELC cap hits. He's dime a dozen.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think the Penguins need to have a serious talk with Letang. If he doesn't resign, Klingberg should be the top target. So maybe a Letang trade and bring in Klingberg. Or maybe a Letang for Klingberg+ swap. Then Dallas can flipped Letang.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I wonder if a deal around Barrie could work, if Dallas is still in the playoff race. They get a guy that's worse but is signed long term to a fair cap hit for someone they are about to lose for nothing. Oiler get cap flexibility next year, and get to rent Klingberg who is a better all around D to help them make the playoffs. I could see the Oilers having to throw in a 2nd/3rd round pick, though.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I wonder if a deal around Barrie could work, if Dallas is still in the playoff race. They get a guy that's worse but is signed long term to a fair cap hit for someone they are about to lose for nothing. Oiler get cap flexibility next year, and get to rent Klingberg who is a better all around D to help them make the playoffs. I could see the Oilers having to throw in a 2nd/3rd round pick, though.

If Dallas moves Klingberg it’s obviously because they’ve fallen out of the playoff race. Why would they trade Klingberg to get Barrie and a 2nd/3rd?

They should have no problem getting a first and something else decent

I’d take a first + over Barrie and a 2/3 lol

Reactions: mouser

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
If Dallas moves Klingberg it’s obviously because they’ve fallen out of the playoff race. Why would they trade Klingberg to get Barrie and a 2nd/3rd?

They should have no problem getting a first and something else decent

I’d take a first + over Barrie and a 2/3 lol
What if they are in the playoff race, but still don't want to lose Klingberg for nothing? Barrie replaces Klingberg's pp ability and they get a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad