Proposal: Pacioretty to ANA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
As a neutral fan I salute you OP. This is a deal that makes a lot of sense. I'd probably opt out of I'm Murray, but that's just because I really like Rakell longterm.

as a habs fan i am in total agreement with you. i think rakell long term will be equal to pacioretty alone. fowler would be a good add as well but we would lose one of weber bealieau petry or fowler. protecting four d doesnt make sense to me where we could only protect 4 forwards. i would have no problem signing and losing kris russell because nothing would be lost. but how do we snag rakell away from the ducks ?

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I guarantee u a non-rantal top line goal scorer on one of the best contract's in the NHL would get more than rakell and Fowler.

You can not guarantee it. Fowler is a good young defenseman and Rakell is a good young forward. How many teams trade a top line winger and get a return like that? Hall only got a good young defenseman so...

Trade deadlines include massive overpayments of trades. Pacs in the market where every single team in the NHL is looking to get better at offense would provide a huge return. He is in the top 10 in goals scored since the 2013-14 season. Goal scorers dont come for free and certainly dont cost two lesser players. Usually, a team would want a a player relatively good at his position, something Fowler sure isnt.

Trade deadlines do have overpayments but how many teams trade good roster players away when they are making a trade to help for the playoffs? Such teams like to trade picks and prospects and if trading for Pacioretty such teams would want to trade that exact thing.

Yeah cuz surely you would naturally pair up two players with terrible advanced stats :shakehead

Josi - Weber was a pair in Nashville and they had been a good pair despite the advanced stats saying they hadn't been good defensively.

Fowler and Weber could and probably would have good chemistry as a defense pair. Just trying to fit players together by advanced stats they had on different teams is terrible. You need to account for teams systems and so on which effects players not just look at advanced stats.

Nope, plz stay away from doing so. The habs would spend the entire game in their own zone when none of ur top 2 D can break out.

Fowler is good at moving the puck when he has it but how would you know? After all you clearly are looking at advanced stats not so much the player.

Rakell as a RW or C is not a position of need for the habs.
Radulov, Gallagher and Shaw all RWs.
Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Danault, DD, even Shaw all Cs. LW is a position of need. Losing Pacs for Rakell is a travesty for the upcoming season if ur Therrien or Bergevin.

As good as Fowler and Rakell is, the habs cant afford to lose pacs at the start of the season and if they need to sell pacs (bcuz they are out of the P/O) then the habs would be smarter to pick up picks, prospects and younger players with potential.

Rakell is not just a C or RW he has played LW but you need to of watched him enough to know that but clearly you didn't watch him enough.

Rakell is a young player who is good with potential to be even better and Fowler is still young and can get even better as he gets older which is something defenseman tend to get known to do. You rather taking picks from a playoff team and prospects over Rakell and Fowler is not smart.

You know nothing about Beaulieu lol.
Ive seen Fowler play. He doesnt do anything special. He just plays hard and tough minutes. Fowler is the last player to catch ur attention if ur watching the ducks, much like Lindholm but to a lesser extent. He doesnt do anything great. He's just good at everything he does. But he spends too much time in his own zone. I would very much prefer a better skater in Beaulieu paired up with Weber.

Yea I believe you have seen Fowler play as in against Montreal but being more busy watching your team to notice much about Fowler. Your knowledge on Ducks players is obviously lacking.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
You can not guarantee it. Fowler is a good young defenseman and Rakell is a good young forward. How many teams trade a top line winger and get a return like that? Hall only got a good young defenseman so...

Trade deadlines do have overpayments but how many teams trade good roster players away when they are making a trade to help for the playoffs? Such teams like to trade picks and prospects and if trading for Pacioretty such teams would want to trade that exact thing.

Josi - Weber was a pair in Nashville and they had been a good pair despite the advanced stats saying they hadn't been good defensively.

Fowler and Weber could and probably would have good chemistry as a defense pair. Just trying to fit players together by advanced stats they had on different teams is terrible. You need to account for teams systems and so on which effects players not just look at advanced stats.

Fowler is good at moving the puck when he has it but how would you know? After all you clearly are looking at advanced stats not so much the player.

Rakell is not just a C or RW he has played LW but you need to of watched him enough to know that but clearly you didn't watch him enough.

Rakell is a young player who is good with potential to be even better and Fowler is still young and can get even better as he gets older which is something defenseman tend to get known to do. You rather taking picks from a playoff team and prospects over Rakell and Fowler is not smart.

Yea I believe you have seen Fowler play as in against Montreal but being more busy watching your team to notice much about Fowler. Your knowledge on Ducks players is obviously lacking.

lol thats my opinion from watching more than enough games from the Ducks in the playoffs.
Rakell is listed as a C and RW on every website. From the games Ive watched including the WC, I have seen him either on the RW or C. And even if he was a LW, why the bloody hell would the habs significantly downgrade from Pacs to Rakell just to acquire Fowler??? lmao. I would rather see what Bealieu can do with Weber. I would be more confident with him as his D mate than Fowler. If things dont work out, im sure the habs can make a trade to acquire a good LD in a deal that doesnt include our best goal scorer.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
I don't get why most here are saying this is a fair trade. Paccioretty is a first line winger on almost any team in NHL. Rakell and Fowler are ok players, however, you don't trade first line material for ok players in this league...

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I don't get why most here are saying this is a fair trade. Paccioretty is a first line winger on almost any team in NHL. Rakell and Fowler are ok players, however, you don't trade first line material for ok players in this league...

agreed. Thats my point.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
If I'm Bergevin and I get this call I take this deal immediately. I think people over-estimate the impact of losing Pacioretty with a healthy Price on the back end having Shea Weber and Cam Fowler, a solid pairing, play almost half a game in front of him all night. Sure we'd be winning games 2-1 and 3-2OT/SO or even 1-0, but we'd be winning more games. IMO Montreal immediately becomes a better team from this trade.

Fowler-Weber would compliment each other extremely well and Fowler is exactly the kind of player we need with Shea. As for Rakell, don't know much about him but if he is a young top 6 LW chances are some of the production lost from losing Patch is gained by him. We get younger and better imo.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
If I'm Bergevin and I get this call I take this deal immediately. I think people over-estimate the impact of losing Pacioretty with a healthy Price on the back end having Shea Weber and Cam Fowler, a solid pairing, play almost half a game in front of him all night. Sure we'd be winning games 2-1 and 3-2OT/SO or even 1-0, but we'd be winning more games. IMO Montreal immediately becomes a better team from this trade.

Fowler-Weber would compliment each other extremely well and Fowler is exactly the kind of player we need with Shea. As for Rakell, don't know much about him but if he is a young top 6 LW chances are some of the production lost from losing Patch is gained by him. We get younger and better imo.

I like Fowler's game. He's similar to what Beaulieu can be if Beaulieu plays with any consistency. And who wouldn't like Rackell, young and up and coming top 6 fwd. But, if MB is really trying to win now, this deal is not going to happen as Pacioretty provides the offence he would be looking for and the blueline is too crowded with Fowler added on.

But I think the value is fair and I would think it could be a good deal. I just don`t see it happening with MB as GM

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
No because the Ducks most likely end up losing Pacioretty when he hits FA.

Really??

What is happening in 3 years that would prevent the Ducks from signing him??

Let's say he asks for 7-7,5M$ a year, i don't know why Anaheims wouldn't be able to resign him.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Rakell as a RW or C is not a position of need for the habs.
Radulov, Gallagher and Shaw all RWs.
Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Danault, DD, even Shaw all Cs. LW is a position of need. Losing Pacs for Rakell is a travesty for the upcoming season if ur Therrien or Bergevin.

As good as Fowler and Rakell is, the habs cant afford to lose pacs at the start of the season and if they need to sell pacs (bcuz they are out of the P/O) then the habs would be smarter to pick up picks, prospects and younger players with potential.

I right now deal including Pacioretty for Rakell and Fowler would be good for the Habs on the long term. You there get a top pairing LHD and your long time 2nd line center.

The problem is, that trade would suggest we would need to trade for a top 6 left winger because the Habs are also on a win now mode.

They only thing i could see as possible is using Plekanec and beaulieu to get a very good Left winger.

It becomes really head scratching.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Ignorant statement of the year.

Agreed.

At worst, Fowler is a top 3 LHD. Rakell is a cost controlled 2nd line center shooting right. Both are younger than Pacioretty.

I would like to see what the Habs could get from other teams like, for example, Islanders. But if Pacioretty is traded, that would be a package Bergevin would have a lot of interest in.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
no this is terrible. only way Anaheim is getting Pacioretty is if we get Lindholm, Anaheim wouldn't do that so there's no deal to be made.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I guess I'm not shocked hab fans would turn this down. But If I were them I'd take this and run.

Patches might be worth it but I don't include rakell in this deal. Some other prospect yes but rakell is too valuable from ducks perspective. I'd offer Montour, Larson, possibly even ritchie but never rakell.

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
How many goals would Daniel Carr score on a line with Galchenyuk and Gallagher?

If the answer is greater than 20, then you do this deal.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
And then you trade Plekanec for an experienced top 6 lw.

It also frees up Beaulieu for a Nuke + type trade.....

I don't think they trade Pacioretty, but if some of the rumours are true, I could see him walking after this contract. I know it's a few years off, but he doesn't seem like the type to like a lot of attention. Being the captain of the habs gets you a lot of attention.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
I guess I'm not shocked hab fans would turn this down. But If I were them I'd take this and run.

Patches might be worth it but I don't include rakell in this deal. Some other prospect yes but rakell is too valuable from ducks perspective. I'd offer Montour, Larson, possibly even ritchie but never rakell.

none of those guys hold the value Rackell does. And none would get the deal done. Rackell + Fowler is fair.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Ignorant statement of the year.

In all fairness, i haven't seen fowler a ton, but when I do he generally strikes me as overrated. Enough people here seem to disagree with me that I can admit the possibility my opinion is off-base.

Cheers.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Really??

What is happening in 3 years that would prevent the Ducks from signing him??

Let's say he asks for 7-7,5M$ a year, i don't know why Anaheims wouldn't be able to resign him.

Ducks are a budget team. I believe Gibson's current contract ends in three seasons as well. If he plays like we think he can, he's due for a huge raise. Patches would easily get more money from another team. I just don't see the Ducks keeping a high profile free agent.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
This is a tough call, that is good value.

For the Habs I would say they gotta evaluate how well Pacioretty is going to continue to emerge as setup guy with Galchenyuk, which is important as Max's edge in speed+shot decline a bit with age. He can't just be a speedy sniper forever. He showed some flashes of this development last season in the half season they were together.

If the Pacioretty-Gelchenyuk-Gallagher line continue like that, you got a real top end 1st line, difficult to find and replace, and that's not something you rush to break up even for the excellent young player return that is proposed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad