Proposal: Pacioretty to ANA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I'm really not sure. It's fair value for sure, but both teams would (rightly) be hesitant, I think.

I just cant see the habs going after this when they more than likely can get more at the trade deadline assuming they wanna sell him off to the highest bidder. His goal scoring prowess's would make for one large market.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I just cant see the habs going after this when they more than likely can get more at the trade deadline assuming they wanna sell him off to the highest bidder. His goal scoring prowess's would make for one large market.

I seriously doubt they'd get more at the TDL.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I guarantee u a non-rantal top line goal scorer on one of the best contract's in the NHL would get more than rakell and Fowler.

Thats an easy guarantee to make, when you don't have to back up the statement.

Here's my counter argument: I guarantee they wouldn't get more than Rakell and Fowler.

Your move.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Thats an easy guarantee to make, when you don't have to back up the statement.

Here's my counter argument: I guarantee they wouldn't get more than Rakell and Fowler.

Your move.

Trade deadlines include massive overpayments of trades. Pacs in the market where every single team in the NHL is looking to get better at offense would provide a huge return. He is in the top 10 in goals scored since the 2013-14 season. Goal scorers dont come for free and certainly dont cost two lesser players. Usually, a team would want a a player relatively good at his position, something Fowler sure isnt.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I guarantee u a non-rantal top line goal scorer on one of the best contract's in the NHL would get more than rakell and Fowler.

That's really not likely. I'd bet on it.

Trade deadlines include massive overpayments of trades. Pacs in the market where every single team in the NHL is looking to get better at offense would provide a huge return. He is in the top 10 in goals scored since the 2013-14 season. Goal scorers dont come for free and certainly dont cost two lesser players. Usually, a team would want a a player relatively good at his position, something Fowler sure isnt.

Don't be ridiculous. Fowler would be an amazing fit for Weber - just the kind of complementary guy that Weber needs.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
That's really not likely. I'd bet on it.

Don't be ridiculous. Fowler would be an amazing fit for Weber - just the kind of complementary guy that Weber needs.

Yeah cuz surely you would naturally pair up two players with terrible advanced stats :shakehead

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yeah cuz surely you would naturally pair up two players with terrible advanced stats :shakehead

Or you could realize that the two are talented, well established players that complement another's style very well. It's pretty clear you haven't seen enough of their play to form an educated opinion.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Or you could realize that the two are talented, well established players that complement another's style very well. It's pretty clear you haven't seen enough of their play to form an educated opinion.

Nope, plz stay away from doing so. The habs would spend the entire game in their own zone when none of ur top 2 D can break out.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

That isn't a very good argument either. You're just trying to dismiss the players offered. You aren't actually proving that Patches is guaranteed to get better returns at the trade deadline.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Nope, plz stay away from doing so. The habs would spend the entire game in their own zone when none of ur top 2 D can break out.

Fowler is one of the best in the league at clearing the D zone. So it's pretty clear you have ZERO idea what you're talking about.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Fowler would be your top breakout defenseman. If you don't know anything about the player, just admit it.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
As a neutral fan I salute you OP. This is a deal that makes a lot of sense. I'd probably opt out of I'm Murray, but that's just because I really like Rakell longterm.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
This is a good proposal. It helps Anaheim in the expansion draft and gets them a huge piece to win now. Montreal gets much younger with two very good young players both in positions of need.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Fowler would be your top breakdown defenseman. If you don't know anything about the player, just admit it.

Beaulieu would be better. Folwer has bad advanced numbers. Why would habs pair him up with Weber?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Beaulieu would be better. Folwer has bad advanced numbers. Why would habs pair him up with Weber?
Fowler is not a perfect player if he was it wouldn't be patches ++ to get the conversation started. Montreal needs youth on the left side of the blue line more than anything. The D has no future right now outside of Sergachev who's years away.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Because hockey is played on the ice, and it's a little more complicated than shot differential. Weber and Fowler would actually be a terrific combination. They would complement each other well.

And no, he wouldn't. You're just letting everyone know you don't know anything about the players that you can't look up online. Believe it or not, if you want to see what a player can do, you should watch them play. You probably couldn't tell us anything about Fowler that isn't a statistic.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
This is a good proposal. It helps Anaheim in the expansion draft and gets them a huge piece to win now. Montreal gets much younger with two very good young players both in positions of need.

Rakell as a RW or C is not a position of need for the habs.
Radulov, Gallagher and Shaw all RWs.
Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Danault, DD, even Shaw all Cs. LW is a position of need. Losing Pacs for Rakell is a travesty for the upcoming season if ur Therrien or Bergevin.

As good as Fowler and Rakell is, the habs cant afford to lose pacs at the start of the season and if they need to sell pacs (bcuz they are out of the P/O) then the habs would be smarter to pick up picks, prospects and younger players with potential.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Because hockey is played on the ice, and it's a little more complicated than shot differential. Weber and Fowler would actually be a terrific combination. They would complement each other well.

And no, he wouldn't. You're just letting everyone know you don't know anything about the players that you can't look up online. Believe it or not, if you want to see what a player can do, you should watch them play. You probably couldn't tell us anything about Fowler that isn't a statistic.

You know nothing about Beaulieu lol.
Ive seen Fowler play. He doesnt do anything special. He just plays hard and tough minutes. Fowler is the last player to catch ur attention if ur watching the ducks, much like Lindholm but to a lesser extent. He doesnt do anything great. He's just good at everything he does. But he spends too much time in his own zone. I would very much prefer a better skater in Beaulieu paired up with Weber.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Rakell as a RW or C is not a position of need for the habs.
Radulov, Gallagher and Shaw all RWs.
Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Danault, DD, even Shaw all Cs. LW is a position of need. Losing Pacs for Rakell is a travesty for the upcoming season if ur Therrien or Bergevin.

As good as Fowler and Rakell is, the habs cant afford to lose pacs at the start of the season and if they need to sell pacs (bcuz they are out of the P/O) then the habs would be smarter to pick up picks, prospects and younger players with potential.

Rakell plays LW and C. And you're not losing Patches for Rakell, you're trading Patches for Rakell (a young top 6 player) and a #2 defensemen that would pair perfectly with Weber.

Oh also, those young players with potential you want, that's Rakell and Fowler. Rakell is 23 and Fowler is 24.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Ive seen Fowler play. He doesnt do anything special. He just plays hard and tough minutes. Fowler is the last player to catch ur attention if ur watching the ducks, much like Lindholm but to a lesser extent. He doesnt do anything great. He's just good at everything he does. But he spends too much time in his own zone. I would very much prefer a better skater in Beaulieu paired up with Weber.

Fowler is one of the best skaters in the league... But please, continue to show everyone who little you know of Fowler.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

Did you just call Beaulieu a better skater than Fowler?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad