Proposal: Pacioretty to ANA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
2 nice player but this doesnt touch pacioretty and his contract, cap wise if pacioretty would be on the market his contract makes him attractive to all who are contenders and needs elite scoring up front, i could see the islanders beating this offer in a heart bit within a second.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
We lose a forward and add a forward, in that sense I don't see how losing Rakell creates a hole. Obviously the defense gets worse, but people have been expecting to lose Fowler all summer.

The only way it doesn't happen is if Murray somehow finds a way to re-sign Lindholm and Rakell with whatever cap space remains. Or if he somehow finds a way to deal Stoner, Bieksa or Despres without taking any steep contract in return.

The problem is that we already lack top 6 players. Current projected forward lineup:
Ritchie-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Raymond-Vermette-Rakell
Garbutt-Wagner-Boll/Noesen

Adding Patches helps tremendously, but we need to add to our forward group, not replace. Even though Patches would be a significant upgrade to Rakell, we'd still more help up front. I'm just not sold that the trade would make us better. It is close though.

Unfortunately you're probably right about Fowler. I'm just holding out hope he's not going anywhere.

any way we can make it vatanen and rakell instead of fowler. we can sweeten with reway and a late pick.

I would of said yes at the start of the off-season, but Vatanen's extension (especially when you consider how the news was released) makes Vatanen pretty much untouchable.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
2 nice player but this doesnt touch pacioretty and his contract, cap wise if pacioretty would be on the market his contract makes him attractive to all who are contenders and needs elite scoring up front, i could see the islanders beating this offer in a heart bit within a second.
Brock Nelson + what for Pacioretty then??

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Adding Patches helps tremendously, but we need to add to our forward group, not replace. Even though Patches would be a significant upgrade to Rakell, we'd still more help up front. I'm just not sold that the trade would make us better. It is close though.

Unfortunately you're probably right about Fowler. I'm just holding out hope he's not going anywhere.

That's why I inquired about Martin Reway. He may already be a top 9 forward, but of course it's a risk. Anyway no chance of it happening now when he's apparently ill :(

As for Fowler. I really like the guy and so I'd be sad to see him go. You get the feeling he really wants to remain in Anaheim. I think it's very much possible that Bob Murray is trying his best to keep him, and is still working on trade involving Despres or Stoner. That would explain why Murray hasn't solved this whole situation yet, with training camp right around the corner.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Wouldn't expect Reway to be NHL ready this season, if he ever makes the NHL. Out of our young wingers, Andrighetto, Carr, Hudon, Lekhonen and Scherbak are all ahead on the depth chart.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I'm warming up to this the more I think about it.

Really good proposal, has a lot of thought going both ways.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
acting as if Rakell and Fowler aren't quality pieces lol

GF:
91% of the top 300 Even goal scorers are forwards.
they get 3040 of top 300 scorers 3242 goals
93.8%
Forwards drive even scoring.

87% of the top 150 PP goalscorers are forwards.
they generate 92% of the top 300's PP goals.
You kind of want forwards generating the offecce.

All you need is the Dman to pass the forwards the D..... puck.

GA:
75% of the golas come from 10.5 hsca Shots in a game.
Elit eDmen give up 7.5 shots
the worst give up 13.5+
A difference of 6 shots.
6/13.5 = 44.44% variance.
potential difference in teams total goals.

75% x .4444 = 33.33%
it is the most significant affect a dman has.

LSCA 17.0 to 22.0
difference of 6 shots.
6 /22 = 27.27% variance

25% x .2727 = 6.8%

ther is a potential 33.3% + 6.88% = 40.21% variqnce in total gA.

33.33% / 40.21 = 82.88% of potential GA variance is from HSCA defending.

Pacioretty:
#10 EVG last 2 years 39 EVG
#31 PPG Last 2 years 14 PPG
#1 Forward Caliber Goal scorer.
Top end Generator of GF.

So you kind of want that caliber of GA D.

Fowler
2nd/3rd comp
bottom 80 HSC AD
bottom 60 SA/60 D
#210 EVGA D 2.54 #7/#8 D standard.
Forwards need to score .31 GF/60 more than there teams GA to maintain a chance at a wild card spot. 2.54 + .31 = 2.85
42 of top 383 TOI forwards could generate that offence.

Lindholm 1st comp
Top 15 HSCA D
#14 SA/60 D
#18 EGA D 1.77; 1.77 + .31 = 2.08
244 forwards can generate that offence.

Pacioretty for Lindholm straight up.

just like Edmonton getting
A. Larsson
1st comp
Top 40 EVA/60 D
top 10 HSCA d
#1 EVGA D
Top 12 PPGA D
the best Defensive d in the game the last 2 years.
for
Taylor Hall.

Cup winning teams have
1. HSCA D system coach.
2. Top 10 HSCA save% golaie
3. 3+HSCA D
4.2 #1 or 3 (top 150) EVG/EVP production lines.
5. +ve goal diff from PP/PK

Pacioretty 3 years before UFA
Linholm 3 yrs NHL service.
4 years before UFA years start.

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
GF:
91% of the top 300 Even goal scorers are forwards.
they get 3040 of top 300 scorers 3242 goals
93.8%
Forwards drive even scoring.

87% of the top 150 PP goalscorers are forwards.
they generate 92% of the top 300's PP goals.
You kind of want forwards generating the offecce.

All you need is the Dman to pass the forwards the D..... puck.

GA:
75% of the golas come from 10.5 hsca Shots in a game.
Elit eDmen give up 7.5 shots
the worst give up 13.5+
A difference of 6 shots.
6/13.5 = 44.44% variance.
potential difference in teams total goals.

75% x .4444 = 33.33%
it is the most significant affect a dman has.

LSCA 17.0 to 22.0
difference of 6 shots.
6 /22 = 27.27% variance

25% x .2727 = 6.8%

ther is a potential 33.3% + 6.88% = 40.21% variqnce in total gA.

33.33% / 40.21 = 82.88% of potential GA variance is from HSCA defending.

Pacioretty:
#10 EVG last 2 years 39 EVG
#31 PPG Last 2 years 14 PPG
#1 Forward Caliber Goal scorer.
Top end Generator of GF.

So you kind of want that caliber of GA D.

Fowler
2nd/3rd comp
bottom 80 HSC AD
bottom 60 SA/60 D
#210 EVGA D 2.54 #7/#8 D standard.
Forwards need to score .31 GF/60 more than there teams GA to maintain a chance at a wild card spot. 2.54 + .31 = 2.85
42 of top 383 TOI forwards could generate that offence.

Lindholm 1st comp
Top 15 HSCA D
#14 SA/60 D
#18 EGA D 1.77; 1.77 + .31 = 2.08
244 forwards can generate that offence.

Pacioretty for Lindholm straight up.

just like Edmonton getting
A. Larsson
1st comp
Top 40 EVA/60 D
top 10 HSCA d
#1 EVGA D
Top 12 PPGA D
the best Defensive d in the game the last 2 years.
for
Taylor Hall.

Cup winning teams have
1. HSCA D system coach.
2. Top 10 HSCA save% golaie
3. 3+HSCA D
4.2 #1 or 3 (top 150) EVG/EVP production lines.
5. +ve goal diff from PP/PK

Pacioretty 3 years before UFA
Linholm 3 yrs NHL service.
4 years before UFA years start.

This analysis is missing cap hit, but that aside I agree.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Rakell does have the potential to be a solid second line center but the habs cant lose their best offensive player, who will score the goals? They will be losing games 1-0. Also, Fowler is overrated. He didnt even hit 30 points last year... and he had bad advanced stats. The habs dont need him

Last edited:

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
I'd much rather have Fowler/Vatanen + Rakell than Pacioretty, and it's not even close. Nor would I trade Lindholm for him.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
ANA trades: Rakell + Fowler

MTL trades: Pacioretty

Cap hits work for both sides. ANA gets their top line LWer. Habs get a prospect winger who produces, and a D man who produces, goal totals equate to Pacioretty's production.

While the proposal might be fair in value [ IMO it's not ] it's a terrible trade for the Habs.
We have trouble scoring so now we have a proposal trading our best scorer.Not a chance.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
While the proposal might be fair in value [ IMO it's not ] it's a terrible trade for the Habs.
We have trouble scoring so now we have a proposal trading our best scorer.Not a chance.

Agreed. And while that trade is off value for the habs (not by much), I would def rather call the islanders and possibly get some top prospects and good younger players. By the trade deadline, assuming the islnaders are contending, theres no doubt they would be desperate for pacs to play alongside Tavares if hes in the trade market. The habs can then ask for a combination of some of these players Strome, Da Colle, Barzal and first rounders (not all of them). Thats just my opinion tho...

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Cap hits work for both sides. ANA gets their top line LWer. Habs get a prospect winger who produces, and a D man who produces, goal totals equate to Pacioretty's production.

Not interested in trading two good roster players for Pacioretty.

any way we can make it vatanen and rakell instead of fowler. we can sweeten with reway and a late pick.

Vatanen isn't being traded after being re-signed so soon and even if we would trade him we are not trading him and Rakell away together.

Rakell does have the potential to be a solid second line center but the habs cant lose their best offensive player, who will score the goals? They will be losing games 1-0. Also, Fowler is overrated. He didnt even hit 30 points last year... and he had bad advanced stats. The habs dont need him

Your right he didn't hit 30 points last year but he had 28 in 69 games had he played 82 games he would have hit 30 points. Fowler is underrated because people look at his hero chart and think he sucks instead of watching him play. According to those hero charts Schultz is better then Fowler and that isn't even close to being the truth for how good Fowler is compared to Schultz.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Rakell is a young high-skilled 2nd liner.

Fowler is a young 2/3 two-way d-man.

These aren't fringe players.

Isn't even a great trade for Anaheim if you consider all factors.

a trade that significantly improve the ducks offense is a good one.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I'd do it, I think, as a Habs fan.

It would be a terrible loss in front, but the D would be amazing.

In a couple of years, we could have that:

Sergachev - Weber
Beaulieu - Petry
Fowler - Pateryn

Pretty good if you ask me

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Would probably do it as a Habs fan, Weber would then become captain.

Radulov-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Rakell
Carr-Shaw-Andrighetto
Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Fowler-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn/Sergachev/Redmond

Westcoasthabsfan

Aug 22, 2004
In Pandoras Box

Fowler is a 30 goal scorer? Max almost scored more goals last year then Fowler has in his career...Patches isnt going anywhere...Montreal has hard enough time scoring and you think they are giving their top goal man away...

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
No because the Ducks most likely end up losing Pacioretty when he hits FA.

And Anaheim won't lose Fowler to FA in 2 years?

Anyways that's a poor reason to not trade for Pacioretty. You can say the value sucks, but your team is trying to compete for a cup now. Cap space in 3 years shouldn't prevent you from acquiring a top 10 LW in the league.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Montreal would have to add something...like a 2nd round pick or decent prospect to even out that trade. Those are two really nice pieces coming from Anaheim.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm really not sure. It's fair value for sure, but both teams would (rightly) be hesitant, I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad