Proposal: Pacioretty to ANA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
This is one of the most respectable delas I've seen on the trade section. The first few pages of discussion were really good too, until Legend123 decided to clog the thread with nonsense.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Our (MTLs) forward prospect pool is mediocre, this is the main reason I am for this type of trade. It does a few things for us:

Solves our top pairing - Beaulieu is not the ideal option here - making Beaulieu moveable.
Provides a replacement for Plekanec, long-term - making Plekanec expendable

Even though I am not confident in our GM, I like the idea of restocking on the fly. This allows for more flexibility/moves this year. We lose our best goal scorer, who is on a great contract. But if the chips are played correctly after this.....we could restock the cupboards with some good young players.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I seriously doubt they'd get more at the TDL.

Trade deadlines include massive overpayments of trades. Pacs in the market where every single team in the NHL is looking to get better at offense would provide a huge return. He is in the top 10 in goals scored since the 2013-14 season. Goal scorers dont come for free and certainly dont cost two lesser players. Usually, a team would want a a player relatively good at his position, something Fowler sure isnt.

When is the last time a player was moved at the deadline for a #2, 24 year old defenseman, and a younger top 6 forward? Unless you just values futures way more, than you're wrong for guaranteeing it. It's one thing to say you think, but that's a very big return. Obviously you're severely underrating Fowler.

Or you could realize that the two are talented, well established players that complement another's style very well. It's pretty clear you haven't seen enough of their play to form an educated opinion.

Who needs to watch players when you can stare at spreadsheets?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
This is one of the most respectable delas I've seen on the trade section. The first few pages of discussion were really good too, until Legend123 decided to clog the thread with nonsense.

Agreed. You know the value is close when both sides have fans from each side saying yes and no. When you consider Legend's comments, it's somewhat ironic that the fan base saying "no" more are Anaheim's. Anyway, I agree, good proposal. As a Duck fan, I say no, as I don't think this makes us better. However, I could understand why the Habs would say no as well.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
When is the last time a player was moved at the deadline for a #2, 24 year old defenseman, and a younger top 6 forward? Unless you just values futures way more, than you're wrong for guaranteeing it. It's one thing to say you think, but that's a very big return. Obviously you're severely underrating Fowler.

Who needs to watch players when you can stare at spreadsheets?

Yep. And Fowler has just the perfect skillset to complement Weber.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
yeah cuz saying Beaulieu is a better skater suggests that :laugh::laugh:

Have you seen Fowler skate? He's arguably the best all around skater in the entire league. He has his faults but in terms of skating he is incredible. Fowler with the puck on his stick is one of the best players at getting the puck out of the defensive zone in the league. I think he and Weber would be an excellent top pairing.

Readytostart

Feb 19, 2016
I'll admit I've soured a bit on Patches. I'm a big Habs fan, but I'd do this deal. Rackell scored 20 last year, Patches scores 30. Add input from Radulov and I think Montreal's top nine are decent enough to offset those ten goals.
There's a lack of a good, minute-munching LD for the top pair and I doubt Beaulieu is going to be that guy - I just haven't seen enough hockey sense from him for that, and he's always injured.
I'd do this deal....

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I'll admit I've soured a bit on Patches. I'm a big Habs fan, but I'd do this deal. Rackell scored 20 last year, Patches scores 30. Add input from Radulov and I think Montreal's top nine are decent enough to offset those ten goals.
There's a lack of a good, minute-munching LD for the top pair and I doubt Beaulieu is going to be that guy - I just haven't seen enough hockey sense from him for that, and he's always injured.
I'd do this deal....

Fowler is a good minute munching top pairing LD? lol

Wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole (if the asking price is Pacioretty), it's Lindholm or nothing.

Readytostart

Feb 19, 2016

Wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole (if the asking price is Pacioretty), it's Lindholm or nothing.

Just because you don't see his value doesn't mean it's not there. He played 22:47 per game last season. That's minute-munching right there. I'd rather have Lindholm too, but that would be more of a one-for-one swap. To get Rackell in, Fowler's a good piece to add, at least in the context of this trade proposal.

Plus, he's still only 24, and Rackell is 23. Both have the potential to get better (although Fowler does have his own injury history).

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Just because you don't see his value doesn't mean it's not there. He played 22:47 per game last season. That's minute-munching right there. I'd rather have Lindholm too, but that would be more of a one-for-one swap. To get Rackell in, Fowler's a good piece to add, at least in the context of this trade proposal.

Plus, he's still only 24, and Rackell is 23. Both have the potential to get better (although Fowler does have his own injury history).

i'd take Lindholm in a 1 for 1 trade for Patches well before moving him for Rakell and Fowler, Fowler is the same type of player that Beaulieu is.

Rakell had a solid season points-wise last year but he also played super soft minutes, Anaheim sheltered him hard (he played against weak competition and had 60% ozone starts).

If Anaheim insists on moving Fowler+ for Patches i'd want Fowler + Silfverberg + Cogliano for Patches + DD. Basically replace Rakell with Silfverberg and swap DD/Cogliano.

Last edited:

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
i'd take Lindholm in a 1 for 1 trade for Patches well before moving him for Rakell and Fowler, Fowler is the same type of player that Beaulieu is.

Rakell had a solid season points-wise last year but he also played super soft minutes, Anaheim sheltered him hard (he played against weak competition and had 60% ozone starts).

If Anaheim insists on moving Fowler+ for Patches i'd want Fowler + Silfverberg + Cogliano for Patches + DD. Basically replace Rakell with Silfverberg and swap DD/Cogliano.

Bwahahahahaha. Dream big, eh?

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
lol thats my opinion from watching more than enough games from the Ducks in the playoffs.
Rakell is listed as a C and RW on every website. From the games Ive watched including the WC, I have seen him either on the RW or C. And even if he was a LW, why the bloody hell would the habs significantly downgrade from Pacs to Rakell just to acquire Fowler??? lmao. I would rather see what Bealieu can do with Weber. I would be more confident with him as his D mate than Fowler. If things dont work out, im sure the habs can make a trade to acquire a good LD in a deal that doesnt include our best goal scorer.

I very much doubt you have watched enough Ducks games and payed enough attention to our players especially when you didn't even know Rakell has played on the LW before. It is clear your one of those look at info you see on a website to judge a player.

Good post

Then it is nothing because we are not trading our best overall defenseman for 3 seasons of Pacioretty

So you get Fowler + Silfverberg and Cogliano for Pacioretty and the ability to dump Desharnais who have seen many Canadiens fans want gone why don't you ask for our 1st round pick while your at it?

pacioretty and bealieau for lindblom and rakell

We are not trading Lindholm or Rakell and especially not both.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Rackell is a centre is he not? Who moves to the wing and who replaces Max's goals? It's an ok deal but not sure if the Habs would be any better after it, especially contract wise.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Rackell is a centre is he not? Who moves to the wing and who replaces Max's goals? It's an ok deal but not sure if the Habs would be any better after it, especially contract wise.

Capable of playing both. I think he's a better winger personally. He's technically a C/RW, but he played LW for us and did terrific.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
If you can't spell his name, you can't make the deal......

pacioretty and beaulieu for lindholm and rakell. tough crowd. could see this not working but is there a possibility of something like a first and one of lehkonen, carr, andrighetto, scherbak, hudon or reway for rakell.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
of course, why would i settle for Fowler + Rakell when were trading our captain whos one of the most cap efficient players in the league?

The fact of being a captain is irrelevant to his value. Some even claim he's not suited for the role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad